Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just who was your childhood Albion hero?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Its got to be Ward every time, other than him I go for Jimmy Langley,after he moved on I used to attend the odd match at Fulham just to see him play.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't remember this LC scoreline (was it that season when we also drew them in the FA Cup?), only the 0-4 reverse on the opening day. But I well remember the Forest game, especially John Robertson missing a pen (saved?). I had only just moved to Mansfield, and was the toast of my new (Stags-supporting) friends in the pub that night!

This was our 1st season in the top flight so, having already lost 4-0 at home to the Arse, we then drew them in the FL Cup and drew 0-0 at the Goldstone in a midweek game where the Old bill were outside whilst there was mayhem inside.

It was that replay that we lost 4-0 and glen geared had, i believe, his one & only 1st team start.

We did lose 2-0 at highbury in the FA cup and it might well have been the same season.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Childhood Albion hero... Eric Gill. Because I was crap at football they always put me in Goal. :down:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Andy Ritchie

Attachments

• 79652374.jpg
    79652374.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 110

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
John Byrne, even last year he sat down in a resturaunt near me and it made me feel giddy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here