Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just who was your childhood Albion hero?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My footballing hero when I was a child was Dennis Law ( my father remembers him playing for Huddersfield under Bill Shankley)

the first real Albion"hero" was Tony Towner. I useed to love it when he picked the ball up on the wing and like an old fashioned winger, attacked the full backs!.....that seems to have dissapeared from the game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Granny, you have changed your mind from Fred Binney?

last night we were discussing the old days and my over riding memories were of Towner ....Binney was certainly a great striker but looking back, not the FLAIR player

So yes...my mind has changed:lolol:

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Alan Duffy, Alex Dawson, Sully, Towner

Alan Duffy was our poor man's George Best. A player with enormous talent and potential who wasted it all in the usual "birds, booze, fast cars" fashion.

My childhood heroes stem from the first Albion teams I regularly saw.

Charlie Livesey (pictured when at Northampton), Dave Turner and a long forgotten but solid full back Stewart Henderson.

Attachments

• charlie.jpg
    charlie.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 96

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Brian Powney.He was very big when I was very small!And can't remember any other Albion players from Seaford,although I'm sure other posters will find at least 1:lol:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
For me in the early days of watching the Albion in was Kit Napier and Alan Duffy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Steve Foster (during his second spell with the club) in the 1990s when I started watching the Albion. What a player.

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
junior school days=jimmy collins brilliant played against him when he must have been in his forties i wasnt bad but couldnt get near him.north stand days =super kenny beamish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here