Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just who was your childhood Albion hero?

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Another vote for Ken Beamish, although all I can remember is him scoring from 30 years against Rotherham in a promotion season (71/72?). Agree that Lawrenson was the best player I ever saw in an Albion shirt, also had a soft spot for little Eric Potts, epecially after he scored two in the last couple of minutes to beat Sunderland.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
I liked a lot of the players already mentioned but 1 player i really liked and im not sure why thinking about it was steve jacobs

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Brian Powney.He was very big when I was very small!And can't remember any other Albion players from Seaford,although I'm sure other posters will find at least 1:lol:

I used to see him play for Seaford Sunday when I lived there - outfield player, think he managed the side as well. As for other pros from Seaford, the only one I know is Tony Funnell who I played with in Chyngton primary school team. He went on to play for Southampton, Brentford and Bournemouth.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Terry Connor for me,That team Cattlin was starting to build was a very good side..until he left and it all started to go wrong.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kit Napier (naturally)
Wally Gould
Stewart Henderson
John Templeman (because he was "homegrown" and my sister fancied him)

.................oh, and a vote for Pountney in goal

Graham Winstanley for me. Good solid pro who never got much of a look in once we'd established the fact that Lawrenson was world class..........
342_Graham_Winstanley.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here