Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just JUST over 12,000 at Selhurst tonight! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Feb 14, 2010
Would love to have seen how many they would be getting if the spent 25 years in the lower leagues, playing in Gillingham and then an athletics track with no roof. They would be down to the players mum's by now. These crowds after the most successful 25 years in their history goes to show how plastic and small time palace are. Still well done palace, you broke the 10,000 barrier, I assume it was kids for a quid?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I noticed. In fact, such is your indifference that you've gone to all that trouble of logging into your rival's forum to tell us you don't care.

Haha! What a bunch of noddy fans.

Beautifully noticed there Noodles: & an exquisite use of the term noddy. :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How cute coming from a club that averaged "just JUST over" 6000 for the last 10 years. On a Monday night on Sky with hardly any away fans, I couldn't give a toss about our attendance. After all, we're above you, we've beaten you 3-1, we've got a better goal difference and we're in the semi's of the cup :)

In the Championship for Surreys premier club that pretty shocking though isn't it ?

I think you suffer from being outside of London.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a bit pathetic continually having a go at Palace just because for the first season in about 25 we'll have a higher average attendance than them.

I can't stand the club, and I'll be wading in for weeks if we beat them next month. But the facts are that Palace's support got a lot better around the time they almost went under (not surprisingly, same happened to us in many ways among the hard core). They started singing more, came up with the Ultras songs which we've miserably copied, and actually creating an atmosphere. It's up to us to match and beat it, and not just when we're down to nine men.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
I honestly think we played crap tonight,( the same with the derby game, no hang on that was worse), and living in Kernow, its a tad expensive to travel every week, also its Christmas week too, but yes I do like reading what is on here, and even tho I hate everything Brighton but APART FROM ALL THAT, you do have some really good fans who I did enjoy the company of and banter with, I might not be liked by some on here or the Hikers rest/standard, but I still even now do put in for the REMF, I met Roberts mum and what a lovely woman she was too, and that was so sad to hear when she talked about her son that night of the first REMF, see blackcap, some of us might hate or Brighton as a whole, and tesco's, and the slim fat git too, but some of us have a heart..........SGE

Well that gets a :thumbsup: from me. Are you sure you're a Palace fan? Most of them cant string more than "3-1 hurrr hurrr" together.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The fact that you replied to this thread suggests you do...Face it, you weeds are hurting big time. We're above you in the league, outclassed you by 3 goals to 1 at the Amex, nicked your top scorer, won at Old Trafford and are in the semi-finals of a major cup. On top of that we have some of the best young talent outside of the Premiership in the likes of Zaha, Clyne, Scannell and Williams, 3 out of 4 of them signed up on long deals. If the Palace vs Brighton rivalry was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it long ago...

lol and the fact u need to com on a brighton board...looooool

Feb 14, 2010
No its not Tooting Gull. No sure where you have been but Albion were asset striped and palace had the best spell in their history, whilst we the worst. Despite this they get half our crowds. We now compare like with like and frankly they dont cut the mustard. They are so small time that they are an embarrassment to call a rival, especially when you think of their joke protests in the city.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No its not Tooting Gull. No sure where you have been but Albion were asset striped and palace had the best spell in their history, whilst we the worst. Despite this they get half our crowds. We now compare like with like and frankly they dont cut the mustard. They are so small time that they are an embarrassment to call a rival, especially when you think of their joke protests in the city.

No, they are averaging about 3/4 of our crowd for the first half of one season for the first time in decades. I'm delighted what I see as the rightful positions have been restored, but I haven't just forgotten what has happened since the 1980s, as so many younger fans seem to have done.

As for them not cutting the mustard, they cut it all right in September. I would trade a win that night right now for some higher crowd bollocks.

I am getting sick of us quoting Crystal Palace's attendance, game by game. What is the point in it? We are just lowering ourselves to their level. I personally couldn't give a shit whether they get 20 or 20,000 people through the door. Yes it is a nice stat to have that we are currently getting more fans through the gates at the moment but there is no need to bang on about it game by game. It stinks of an arrogance that I hope never materialises as our club grow's. The only thing I care about is what happens when both sets of players cross the white line and evidentally we failed in our last meeting.

However I also dont need to be told by Palace supporters that we have had an average 6,000 attendance for the last 10 years considering our capacity was around this for a number of those years, not to mention you couldnt get a pint, sit under a roof or attend with horrendously "strict" rules enforced on the ground. This, coupled with the misery of making thosehorrendous journeys to kent, means Palace fans should take note that despite all this we have come out the other side with an attendance of 20,000 odd with a large number of these fans under 14.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am getting sick of us quoting Crystal Palace's attendance, game by game. What is the point in it? We are just lowering ourselves to their level. I personally couldn't give a shit whether they get 20 or 20,000 people through the door. Yes it is a nice stat to have that we are currently getting more fans through the gates at the moment but there is no need to bang on about it game by game. It stinks of an arrogance that I hope never materialises as our club grow's. The only thing I care about is what happens when both sets of players cross the white line and evidentally we failed in our last meeting.

However I also dont need to be told by Palace supporters that we have had an average 6,000 attendance for the last 10 years considering our capacity was around this for a number of those years, not to mention you couldnt get a pint, sit under a roof or attend with horrendously "strict" rules enforced on the ground. This, coupled with the misery of making thosehorrendous journeys to kent, means Palace fans should take note that despite all this we have come out the other side with an attendance of 20,000 odd with a large number of these fans under 14.

Couldn't give a toss about the Withdean, fact of the matter is Palace are an established Championship club just outside of London with shocking attendance figures. Let's not mention their away support.

Odd thing about them is they obviously do have many supporters who can't be bothered to turn up to games. One half season back in Championship and we're p***ing all over them in term of ticket sales.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Couldn't give a toss about the Withdean, fact of the matter is Palace are an established Championship club just outside of London with shocking attendance figures. Let's not mention their away support.

Odd thing about them is they obviously do have many supporters who can't be bothered to turn up to games. One half season back in Championship and we're p***ing all over them in term of ticket sales.

But then surely they can just say that we've just moved into a spanking new stadium and have gone up a division as champions while they have been on the same league for a while in a god awful stadium?? If we're both still in same league in 4/5 years then let's hope we still average more than them!!

I just dont really want it pointed out as I see it as us lowering ourselves to their level of wit and banter. Yes, their attendance is pretty shambolic. However I would prefer that instead of quoting attendances we could be quoting how we had beat them 1-0 instead of crumbling at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here