Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Gillingham

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just got back in.

Good performance from the lads, though they were a little shot-shy.

Very unlucky with the goal, two-handed shoves usually result in free kicks, sadly not today. Also handball and and shirt pulling in the area are supposed to result in penalties - but again, sadly not today.

Both fullbacks outstanding today.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just got back in.

Very unlucky with the goal, two-handed shoves usually result in free kicks, sadly not today. Also handball and and shirt pulling in the area are supposed to result in penalties - but again, sadly not today.

Whing was good but El-Abd was the worst player on the pitch for me. Should never be playing at left back.

Wouldn't say it was a good performance either!

Created little and didn't pass the ball well at all.

Why didn't he stick with Jake either? Martot was very poor I thought.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just got back in.

Sorry - but are you taking the piss?

We were beyond shit today. We had one chance - and Revell fluffed it.
El-Abd was WOEFUL - why the hell didn't he play Rents? And Whing seems to have been taken kicking lessons from Kuipers.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - we were immense last week, so why the hell did Robinson (the only player capable of adding any sort of movement to the team) not come on till the 70th minute? And why replace a left back with El-Abd?!?!

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
adam is ok defensivly but loses the ball time and time again

should never have lost that today

bas didnt get much change out of sodje seemed to do more when he come out on the right and also dropped deeper

thought the 1st 45 was ok seemed to be in control

lost our way at the start of the 2nd half

but looked comfortable and the most likely winners up until the goal

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think there were several Gillingham player vying for the worst player on the pitch award. It WAS a good solid performance and we controlled the game for long periods, but I agree that we didn't create much (not sure why we didn't have a real go at them in the first half when we were really on top) and am too surprised that Jake didn't start.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
we were poor, but could have and should have won the game. el-abd was ok, but almost gifted them a second. nobody really played well. should have had 2 penaltys, especially the handball. on another day could have won 3-0

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Because he has a broken leg, perhaps ?

:D I meant Rents.

No, did you actually go to the game?

Evidently, or i wouldn't be posting in the 'Just back from Gillingham' thread.

We lost to a VERY crap team - we showed no imagination, pace or creativity - and the scoreline reflects that.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just got back in.

good performance??

I thought we were shocking today. Lost the ball or gave it away time and time again, no efforts on target and very little fight or passion. We had plenty of the ball but did nothing with it at all.

I thought Whing played well but EL-Abd was poor, his backpasses in particular - it was a pity that we didnt have a natural left back in our squad to play really wasnt it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nine points out of 18 is still play off form. With the amount of kids in the team we will still be inconsistent but no need for any panic just yet!

Apart from the fact Leyton Orient are well clear the top. How the f*** did that happen??

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I thought we were generally woeful. Gave possesion away endlessly (O'Callaghan especially), created little (Sodje and Cox dealt easily with the aerial "threat") and why have Forster playing if you're not going to pass the ball to his feet? He spent most of the game moaning at the bench (we were in the main stand behind the dugout).

And Elabd at left back? No, no, no!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nine points out of 18 is still play off form. With the amount of kids in the team we will still be inconsistent but no need for any panic just yet!
What kids in the team? We're not that young any more, Cox and Elphick were the only young players in the starting eleven today. It's baffling how we could go from so good to so poor, Gillingham certainly weren't any good. El-Abd over Rents is a strange one, and Martot over Robinson. Gillingham were good in the air at the back but slow on the ground, we should have played to our strengths, kept the ball on the floor and got quick players like Cox an Robinson running at them, instead the longer it went on the more we hoofed it.

Very disappointing. :(

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have to agree with most posters on this thread. We played very poorly today. Couldn't believe it was mostly the same team that trounced Millwall and played so well.

Cox went from MOM on Fri to no good today. Savage should have been subbed at HT for Revell. Robinson should have started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here