Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Gillingham

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There's a comment above about El Abd not being as bad as made out. I think we were lucky Gills did not spot this obvious weakness and push a player out wide on that wing. I doubt future opponents will miss that trick.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
What, so it's now El-Abd's fault that Gillingham didn't have a decent right winger?

Was El-Abd at fault for Elphick getting out-muscled for their goal?
Was El-Abd at fault for Martot and then later Robinson (or any of the midfield to be honest) not being able to deliver one decent ball into the box?
Was El-Abd at fault for Savage not being able to win one header?

Again, not saying he was amazing at left-back by any stretch, but don't think El-Abd being made a scapegoat for our defeat is fully justified when hardly any of the side (maybe with the exception of Whing) covered themselves in any glory.

Good to see the whingers have got something to moan about when in truth it was certainly not as bad as some are saying. I know it's a game of opinions but thank god some of you lot don't manage this team.

I think having Rents on would have provided better balance and certainly better dead balls and more varied delivery, especially for corners from the rhs. El-Abd is a solid tackler but made some very poor back passes which could have cost us 2 goals.

The out let play, particularly first half was excellent but not capitalised on. There was lots of good passing, Bas worked his nuts off and MK did well in goal (apart from the hair cut).

Credit to the Gills defence who played very well and all in all whilst not a thrilling game, we can certainly feel hard done by in not getting anything out of the game which was compounded by a very poor ref who on another day could have easily given 2 pens thereby completely changing the game.

Overall it's a fine dividing line between success and failture and there is no way that performance was as poor as some are making out although it obviously wasn't the best in the world.

Onwards and upwards :albion2::albion2::albion2:

PS Anyone comment yet on Fraser and Reid being in the stands. Great to see some player/supporter solidarity :clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here