Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jumper at Norwood Junction last night

D

Deleted User X18H

I got the 1745 London Bridge-Eastbourne intending to get to Brighton for the 1854 Brighton London Road evetually got the 1954:angry: .............but what awful state must you be in to jump in front of a train:(

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just to clarify my earlier post, I personally do have a lot of sympathy for the person who jumped - I cannot imagine being in that state of mind to do something like that. However, as has already been said, it affects many people when this happens, not just the individual.

This is the second time I've been on the train that has been involved - last time if felt like we were going to be derailed (although I don't know if that is likely) - not a good situation for anyone involved, it's not just the inconvenience of not getting home in time - we're commuters, we're quite used to that !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rospants said:
jumpers never do it in the morning do they?, it always in the evennig when your trying to get home:angry:

Thruth be told that's because they need time to work up the 'courage' but many would say that suicide is the act of a coward. I don't subscribe to that view personally but it is an opinion quite commonly held.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seagullible said:
Once again, though it is sad that someone has been pushed so far that they think suicide is the only way out, I don't actually feel sorry for them but more for the people affected by their death. These people are innocent and will be given a potential life sentence of trauma.

Spot on.

However they could choose another method of suicide which does not inconvenience so many people.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Brighton Bloke said:
Sorry Hampshire, I actually thought it was worthy of a view as it certainly passed though my mind whilst I sat for over an hour on train last night. Without anyway way wishing to dismiss the tragedy and resultant inconvience to travellers, had this happened the week after it would have caused mayhem.

Please don't make unnecessary personal comments to boost your image on this board. I found the last comment extremely foolish.

I rarely get worked up on this board but find you have succeeded where many others have failed.

I hope I have made my point. If you choose to respond with clever
words I will ignore as these things get painful for all and sundry.
However please feel free to PM me to continue this discussion.

Desperation my arse.

Best Regards

BB

Hm - the mayhem of a delayed train after a football match, or the mayhem of someone being desperate enough to kill themselves by jumping in front of a train? Your post seemed only to invite "comedic" comments rather than serious debate (bhaexpress was the only respondent, and it was, naturally "comedic"). Yes it would be chaos, but arguably less than someone crashing a car on a motorway leading out of Portsmouth, Southampton, etc.

Your bumping up of your post looked like a "look at me" bump, and if I read that wrong then I apologise.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
My mate was on his way to the Millwall QPR game a few weeks ago with a few mates of his...someone jumped off a bridge straight into the train.....splattered everywhere.....his mate is now recieving counselling :(

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:
My mate was on his way to the Millwall QPR game a few weeks ago with a few mates of his...someone jumped off a bridge straight into the train.....splattered everywhere.....his mate is now recieving counselling :(

There you go, exactly what so any people ae saying, I hope your mate is recovering although I bet he's still on tranquilisers.

Last edited:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I have communted to Manchester and London and also was a samaritan for 3 years. I have talked to people while they are commiting suicide, I have also spoken before they do and after they have decided not to. The trouble with suicidal tendancies is that you become very introspective and nothing else gets into your head because you are just wrapped up in your depression, often blaming the world around you. It is a quick way for someone to kill themselves with very little planning.

However as much sympathy as I have for this person and their relatives and friends, it is a selfish act and people do have a right to complain about it, whether somebody has chosen to throw themselves infront of a train, or stop it in another way. The trouble is much as you are all pissed off, you won't stop it and it will keep happening, usually in spieghts.

Nobody can be pius about it, it's not like they are saying 'stupid fecker crashing their car into a lorry at 70 miles an hour' it was not an accident.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
afters said:
seems to me that the macho posturing is coming from you if anyone.

i guess you're in the forces or something similar?

I don't need the macho posturing, and yes I am. Are you a sandwich-toting commuter by any chance? (*see later, as you obviously are)

I suggest you read the thread again - people are more concerned about missing their tea than the bloke who can't take any more, which suggests that their priorities are slightly skewed. In fact, we get more response when people are cruel to animals!

Starting with the opening post about "football being on the telly" and the "selfish bastards" who jump, we dragged this thread through other people's opinions of how the act is completely selfish because it disrupts so many people's commuting! Trying to compare death to commuting is pathetic, and is the sort of comment I expect from someone who has too much time spent strap-hanging.

Ah yes - then there was your comment - "that bastard meant that i got home over an hour late. such a selfish thing to do! must have f***ed up 10,000 people? and i really didn't want to see him being carried off down the platform as the 6.03 from the bridge crawled past..."

Did it ever-so-slightly upset your delicate stomach? Did you have to crane your neck to get a good look?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
HampshireSeagulls said:
Hm - the mayhem of a delayed train after a football match, or the mayhem of someone being desperate enough to kill themselves by jumping in front of a train? Your post seemed only to invite "comedic" comments rather than serious debate (bhaexpress was the only respondent, and it was, naturally "comedic"). Yes it would be chaos, but arguably less than someone crashing a car on a motorway leading out of Portsmouth, Southampton, etc.

Your bumping up of your post looked like a "look at me" bump, and if I read that wrong then I apologise.

You read it wrong. Apology accepted.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
HampshireSeagulls said:
I don't need the macho posturing, and yes I am. Are you a sandwich-toting commuter by any chance? (*see later, as you obviously are)

I suggest you read the thread again - people are more concerned about missing their tea than the bloke who can't take any more, which suggests that their priorities are slightly skewed. In fact, we get more response when people are cruel to animals!

Starting with the opening post about "football being on the telly" and the "selfish bastards" who jump, we dragged this thread through other people's opinions of how the act is completely selfish because it disrupts so many people's commuting! Trying to compare death to commuting is pathetic, and is the sort of comment I expect from someone who has too much time spent strap-hanging.

Ah yes - then there was your comment - "that bastard meant that i got home over an hour late. such a selfish thing to do! must have f***ed up 10,000 people? and i really didn't want to see him being carried off down the platform as the 6.03 from the bridge crawled past..."

Did it ever-so-slightly upset your delicate stomach? Did you have to crane your neck to get a good look?

so the macho posturing was there all along....big brave you can face death in the eye cos you're a big brave soldier but god forbid if a commuter should have the gall to complain about a jumper!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
dave the gaffer said:
Isn't there some nappy washing you need to be doing?

:p

Its done already, and I've been to Mother and Baby group, and just plumbing in the new dishwasher - so ner :p :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tedebear said:
Its done already, and I've been to Mother and Baby group, and just plumbing in the new dishwasher - so ner :p :lol:

You mean you don't use disposables ? Why don't you be a good neighbour like my old ones and block the communal drains and then expect the whole neighbourhood to pitch in to pay to get the blockage cleared ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tedebear said:
well now that would be selfish and would incite a thread on NSC outing me and my despicably selfish behaviour ;) :lol:

It did actually happen to me during my first marriage. First wife was nothing like the second and was fairly quiet. I was going to pay up for a quiet life but she point blank refused, rightly so in truth. Most parents are more considerate though :)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
afters said:
so the macho posturing was there all along....big brave you can face death in the eye cos you're a big brave soldier but god forbid if a commuter should have the gall to complain about a jumper!

Death versus slightly late dinner? I hope your sandwiches are nice today.

Life.

Get one.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
bhaexpress said:
There you go, exactly what so any people ae saying, I hope your mate is recovering although I bet he's still on tranquilisers.
It's not my mate thats getting the counselling, it's his mate. But still it just shows how selfish these waankers are. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here