Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jumper at Norwood Junction last night

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
eagles #1 said:
It's not my mate thats getting the counselling, it's his mate. But still it just shows how selfish these waankers are. :angry:

Quite agree there are ways to commit suicide without inconveniencing so many people.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
HampshireSeagulls said:
Death versus slightly late dinner? I hope your sandwiches are nice today.

Life.

Get one.

what are you fecking talking about. Your life may be going out in a uniform "protecting us" but some of us do other jobs.

To you and Portlock, if you see by this thread I stated quite a few times that it was not the fact that this bloke had chosen to hurl himself under an express and that it took me an extra 2 hours to get home, it was the fact that there is some poor sod now sat at home seeing the vision of someone dissapearing in front of his train.

Whilst I agree that whatever drives these people to do such a terrible act, ie mental illness, desparation etc etc is something that is unquantyfiable to the majority of us, I still think that jumping in front of a train is selfish.

If Portlock you think I am nieve then perhaps I am...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
dave the gaffer said:
what are you fecking talking about. Your life may be going out in a uniform "protecting us" but some of us do other jobs.

To you and Portlock, if you see by this thread I stated quite a few times that it was not the fact that this bloke had chosen to hurl himself under an express and that it took me an extra 2 hours to get home, it was the fact that there is some poor sod now sat at home seeing the vision of someone dissapearing in front of his train.

Whilst I agree that whatever drives these people to do such a terrible act, ie mental illness, desparation etc etc is something that is unquantyfiable to the majority of us, I still think that jumping in front of a train is selfish.

If Portlock you think I am nieve then perhaps I am...

?

Jumper at Norwood Junction last night

Now I know it may be very sad for this particular individual, however, WHY do you have to jump at 5 o/clock? On a work day? Do they think of the poor driver who witnesses someone diving in front of the train, the people who have to scrape you up from the track...NO Like f*** do you!!

Memo to selfish bastards going to jump today....DONT.

There is football on the telly and some of us would like to get home before 9

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
To add my t'uppence worth....

....I am a commuter, yesterday I had a nightmare day and didn't end up leaving the office until 8:30pm. I was aiming to get the 21:07 from London Bridge to Uckfield but this got cancelled due to the fatality. This meant I ended up getting a different line and having to get someone to come out and pick me up. I eventually got back to my flat at 11:15pm. Now when you leave home at 6:20am it makes for a bloody long day especially when you have to get up and do it all again the next day.

A few months ago I would have been firmly in the camp of the selfish wanker for jumping lot. In fact a couple of months ago I was in exactly that position. My train from London Bridge got stopped outside East Croydon because of an incident at Hurst Green. This added over an hour to my journey and after a hard days work is not what you need. I got home and was cursing the inconsiderate bastard for choosing that exact moment to commit Harry Karry.

The following day around mid morning I received an email from someone who posts on this board and I expect is known by allot of people on here. This email was to inform me that one of our mates and a fellow Albion fan (again someone I expect known by allot of people on here, certainly the regular away travellers) had died from serious head injuries after he'd jumped in front of a train near his home the previous evening.

At first I felt guilty, but then I realised that it was the natural thing to think in that situation. However it did make me realise that I shouldn't judge people that do these things. You need to remember that they have family and friends that they are leaving behind. However for that very reason if you ask me if I still think they are selfish? Yes I do! But I also appreciate that they must have been in one hell of a f***ed up state to do what they did.

Since that event I've had another encounter with suicide this time much closer to home. My opinion hasn't changed. It is the most selfish way to go but there are people out there that are prepared to help if these people would just ask! But that is the problem, whether it's a pride thing I do not know. I can't and hopefully will never have to get my head round the thinking that there is no one that can help and no other alternative. I don't think until you've been in situation you are really able to comment on it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why cant they just throw themselves off beachy head or something where they wont be seen/inconvenience people.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bring back capital punishment for people that jump in front of trains.:angry: :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
What about if they drowned themselves in Davy Jones locker?

It's a thought but wouldn't it be a bit difficult to get to the edge if you were trapped inside a locker ?

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Right. here is my view as someone who was on the 17:32 out of LB last night (and I heard the klonk as he went underneath) and as a commuter.

These guys must be in a terrible mental state to jump and without knowing the personal circumstances I don't think it would be right of me to judge. It maybe that they had a problem at home, just lost a close relative, or just found that they couldn't cope with life anymore. However, I don't feel sorry for these people, as they have made their choice to end their life this way, but I do feel sorry for the family they leave behind and the train driver who sees them take thir last breath as he runs over them. Using the word selfish to describe them maybe a bit strong, 'focused on what they are about to do with no regard for others' may be a better set of words

As far as the inconenience goes, yes it was a pain in the arse and I missed not seeing my little boy before he went to bed, but I chose to commute (I wish I could say to chase the fast buck but working for the PO this isn't the case) and so this is part of it.

HampshireSeagulls said:
Hm. Lots of macho posturing on here about death, which is easy when you are kept away from it and your main concern is keeping hold of a briefcase with your sandwiches in. Hands up all those that have seen dead bodies close up, or been around someone that has died traumatically?

<<tumbleweed blows through>>

Thought so.

I hope your fraught-with-danger commuting is not interrupted by something as simple as a mental health patient jumping under your carriage - or that you remember this thread if one of your relatives or friends does the same.

I'm not sure I get your point with your posts on this topic. Are you really arguing that people who choose to earn their livings working 9-5 in an office environment should take unexpected death and tragedy in their stride without comment? If they choose to deal with death in a flippant, comedic or even heartless manner then who are you to judge. We all have different ways of dealing with our own mortality. This is an internet message board, not the poor chaps funeral service and it hurts no one. Your first hand experience of death and trauma may equip you with a more rounded perspective, but ultimately it was your choice to enter that world with all that it entails. As has been mentioned, the train driver did not expect the same experiences when he/she signed on the dotted line.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bhaexpress said:
It's a thought but wouldn't it be a bit difficult to get to the edge if you were trapped inside a locker ?

At least it would sink....Job done if its a metal one. And at no inconvenience to others!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
At least it would sink....Job done if its a metal one. And at no inconvenience to others!

If it was made of metal it would corrode hence even more pollution.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bhaexpress said:
If it was made of metal it would corrode hence even more pollution.

Whatabout a bio degradeable one or find a shipwreck to bury themselves in.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
dave the gaffer said:
Now I know it may be very sad for this particular individual, however, WHY do you have to jump at 5 o/clock? On a work day? Do they think of the poor driver who witnesses someone diving in front of the train, the people who have to scrape you up from the track...NO Like f*** do you!!

Memo to selfish bastards going to jump today....DONT.

There is football on the telly and some of us would like to get home before 9

It's just their parting gesture. They're pissed off with the world, and it's like they give everyone else the bird before killing themselves. I'd probably do that.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whatabout a bio degradeable one or find a shipwreck to bury themselves in.

Since when does a potential suicide give a toss about environmental isses ?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I can't be bothered to read through the rest of this thread past the first page, but I couldn't read anymore of the absolute rot I was presented with (with a coupel of exceptions).

If someone is so mentally disturbed that they want to kill themselves, what could POSSIBLY make anyone think they would be in any rational state of mind?!

All of you who say 'suicide is selfish' or 'jumping in front of a train' is selfish, please don't. It is really really offensive.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
the full harris said:
I can't be bothered to read through the rest of this thread past the first page, but I couldn't read anymore of the absolute rot I was presented with (with a coupel of exceptions).

If someone is so mentally disturbed that they want to kill themselves, what could POSSIBLY make anyone think they would be in any rational state of mind?!

All of you who say 'suicide is selfish' or 'jumping in front of a train' is selfish, please don't. It is really really offensive.

Absolutely! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here