Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jumper at Norwood Junction last night

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
that bastard meant that i got home over an hour late.

such a selfish thing to do! must have f***ed up 10,000 people?

and i really didn't want to see him being carried off down the platform as the 6.03 from the bridge crawled past...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree DTG. I got home at half past f***ing 7 last nite and had to travel on a shitty thameslink train as well :angry: :angry: :angry:

Always round f***ing norwood area. Bloody palace fans.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How unusual for posters on NSC to be selfish and judgemental, something that one rareley expects to find. None of us know what the state of mind of the person who jumped was, or what was going on in their life that made them want to end it in such a way. In a perfect World nobody would want to end their life by suicide, however we don't live in a utopia where everyone lives a happy life, there are many who don't.

tedebear is right, lets just feel a bit of sympathy for the person who died, and the train driver too as he/she has to live with the knowledge that they have killed someone. So some of you got home a little late, whoopie doo.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Gully said:
How unusual for posters on NSC to be selfish and judgemental, something that one rareley expects to find. None of us know what the state of mind of the person who jumped was, or what was going on in their life that made them want to end it in such a way. In a perfect World nobody would want to end their life by suicide, however we don't live in a utopia where everyone lives a happy life, there are many who don't.

tedebear is right, lets just feel a bit of sympathy for the person who died, and the train driver too as he/she has to live with the knowledge that they have killed someone. So some of you got home a little late, whoopie doo.

i take it you don't commute then!

i have little sympathy for the selfish act that this person committed, why should I?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No I don't commute, I do however have some experience of Suicide and the effects it has on people.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
sorry but Iagree with the majority of feelings on here. Yes it is sad that someone wants to kill themselves but I believe it's very selfish, think about the people who know you and I'd be surpreised if no-one cared, and then think about the poor sod who goes to work happy as Larry and goes home needing councelling (sp) goes some TWAT jumped in front of them!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not to mention the poor buggers who have to scrape up the remains.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
suicide is a selfish act. if i wanted to top myself i could think of better ways to do it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gully said:
No I don't commute, I do however have some experience of Suicide and the effects it has on people.

Well perhaps you being so bloody pious, you will appreciate what the effect the persons actions will have had on others, especially the driver of the train.

That is who I feel sorry for. If someone feels so low that they feel they have to end it all, then that is of course a tragedy and a waste of life, however to do it in such a way that you directly chose to affect other people's lives, then that is pure selfishness - and i am not referring to us poor commuting sods who have to do it to earn a wage.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
afters said:
i take it you don't commute then!

i have little sympathy for the selfish act that this person committed, why should I?

A while ago I would have been on the train that he jumped under with Tricky Dicky!! But yet I still manage to have sympathy for this person. I can't imagine life ever being that bad....selfish or not he was alive yesterday and now he is not....think about that!

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
This jumping in front of trains has been quite a problem the last few weeks.

In the last month or so we've had, Hassocks, Berwick, Purley, Shoreham-by-Sea and Norwood Junction

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tedebear said:
A while ago I would have been on the train that he jumped under with Tricky Dicky!! But yet I still manage to have sympathy for this person. I can't imagine life ever being that bad....selfish or not he was alive yesterday and now he is not....think about that!

Isn't there some nappy washing you need to be doing?

:p

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Virgo's Haircut said:
This jumping in front of trains has been quite a problem the last few weeks.

In the last month or so we've had, Hassocks, Berwick, Purley, Shoreham-by-Sea and Norwood Junction

You are a Train Driver ...what do you feel about it? as you are the only one actually qualified to talk about this

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
tedebear said:

i actually did think about that as i saw his body being carried away by a team of paramedics, another 6 people affected by his selfish act.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...people keep rattling on about this being a selfish act, don't any of you think that it was the last act of a desperate person?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gully said:
...people keep rattling on about this being a selfish act, don't any of you think that it was the last act of a desperate person?

probably...we dont know?

What do you think of the train driver that had to witness this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here