Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Oh FFS. I suppose if he's now fully recovered then it's not that much different to a pre-season. At least it's in virtually the same time zone. Paris is nearer to Brighton than it is to Manchester!!

It almost certainly rules him out of Everton though, he needs to get to know the new management set up and vice versa.

Pro football should NOT be an Olympic sport.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So he's back before the season starts, that isn't the issue

It's more, he's playing competitive football, while the rest of our squad are playing warm up football. All the other players will be having their workload carefully managed with a view to Brighton first team football. Enciso will be played as and when his country needs him, likely in all the games.

I should say, I think it's a selling point for prospective talent that we don't stand in players way when they want to play for their countries and we should continue to do it. But Olympic football is proper Mickey Mouse

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think that the Olympics for Paraguay and for Julio is maybe a bigger thing than for an Argentinian say, where they have just won the Copa Americas.
Plus I doubt he would start for us for the first game or two of the season. Still a bit surprised but assume that Julio is pretty vital to Paraguay’s chances.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Playing for your national team is nothing like a pre season, yes he may be fit but we have a new manager with a totally different playing style, pre season will be about the squad learning what the manager requires, Ensisco will be way off it.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Playing for your national team is nothing like a pre season, yes he may be fit but we have a new manager with a totally different playing style, pre season will be about the squad learning what the manager requires, Ensisco will be way off it.
It is what it is. He will have to wait his time for a first team place.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Can’t see him breaking into first 11 now. Should have chosen club considering he’s just had the copa especially now a new manager.

Fortunately we have plenty in his position !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Understand it from his point of view, but he struggled last season and still has a lot to prove in the Premier League.

Luckily (less so for him), we have several alternatives next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here