Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Agree with the development thing. In the game against Wolves last season just before he got injured, there was a 20 minute period at the start of the second half where he was unplayable, it was like we had prime Phil Foden in our ranks. If he can rediscover that balance he is potentially our best player, agree
His chances created were so good that Solly March scored from them!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I just think it's only pointless when it doesn't go in. The one in the first half wasn't far off, he's obviously scored from further out before. Enciso is the only player we've had in the PL era who actually looks convincing from range
It's what makes him different especially under RDZ when we tried to unsuccessfully walk ball into the net. People also forgetting that performance at Wolves away last season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You have no romance in your soul. :ROFLMAO:

That's the sort of attitude that picks Seb Coe over Steve Ovett, Steve Davis over Alex Higgins, Bryan Robson over Glenn Hoddle, Stephen Hendry over Jimmy White, Radiohead over the Fall, vanilla ice cream over a knickerbocker glory, marguerita over the speciality pizza, 'Terry and June' over 'The Young Ones', Paul Whiteman over Ornette Coleman, Tin Tin over Asterix, Swapshop over Tiswas, Peter Hitchens over Chirstopher Hitchens and Jim Carey playing Andy Kaufman over Andy Kaufman.

(I'd add the Beatles over the Kinks, but it might be a red rag to a herd of bulls).
Ovett
Higgins
Meh
White
Radiohead, although The Fall were great -- just not the greatest
Meh
Meh
Neither
Ornette
Asterix
Tiswas
CH, although could live without either
Dunno

Both

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The thing
that makes Enciso different is that its almost impossible to predict what he is going to do, most (all?) of our other players play to the system he doesn't . For some that is heresy for me it marks him out as potentially a great rather than good player.

“In war the first principle is to disobey orders. Any fool can obey an order."
Admiral Sir Jacky Fisher, after the Battle of the Dogger Bank, 1915

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some strange takes on here in my opinion. Enciso is working his way back to top form. He's a bit rash and inconsistent but young. Once he sorts that out, I think he has all the tools to be the most valuable player in our entire squad. There's a touch of genius about the lad at times.
This.
Great player, lucky to have him.
That turn last night was something else, majestic. The intake of breath from the crowd says everything. He’s a player that gets you on the edge of your seat.

Of course he makes errors, but he’s young FFS….. when he’s the finished article, he may well be our next £80m + player, but he has some way to go, and I’m pleased it’s with us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This.
That turn last night was something else, majestic. The intake of breath from the crowd says everything. He’s a player that gets you on the edge of your seat.

Of course he makes errors, but he’s young FFS….. when he’s the finished article, he may well be our next £80m + player, but he has some way to go, and I’m pleased it’s with us.
Excellent post other than the suggestion only young players make mistakes!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This.

that turn last night is what you go to see and people will remember from the game - other than that tackle.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here