Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Best position is left wing I think. Not got enough experience yet to play as a 10. Always had him as back up to Mitoma (although his form at the beginning of last season made me think he would be no.1), but now behind Adingra who's output continues to go under the radar.
No, he's already utterly amazing as a number 10/support striker. My preference is for Mitoma on the left and Julio in the middle.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
No, he's already utterly amazing as a number 10/support striker. My preference is for Mitoma on the left and Julio in the middle.
Yeah he's a great player, potentially world class. I just don't think its his best position yet :shrug:. As the season develops I reckon we'll see Rutter, Pedro and Gruda play that role more than Enciso.

He doesn't need to see the whole game from the left where I think his game understanding is a bit lacking at the moment. I'm not saying that he isn't a good player in that position, just we have other, potentially better options.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Last night reminded me of sometimes watching the kids teams I coach when you get one kid who is on another level to all the other kids on the pitch which happens quite a lot in kids football, even academy teams, but it's very rare and strange to watch in a professional match. He was playing a different game to everyone else, completely taking the piss at times and I swear he was only playing at about 60%.

I know we're all rightly excited about all of the many new signings but in Enciso and Baleba we do already have two very special young talents.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Junior must seem like quite a silly name now.

Like David 'Kid' Jenson.
I know a bloke, who is a bit of a FACE in non league football round these parts, called Junior.

He's a total COCK - and yes, the name seems a bit odd on a bloke in his late forties.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last night reminded me of sometimes watching the kids teams I coach when you get one kid who is on another level to all the other kids on the pitch which happens quite a lot in kids football, even academy teams, but it's very rare and strange to watch in a professional match. He was playing a different game to everyone else, completely taking the piss at times and I swear he was only playing at about 60%.

I know we're all rightly excited about all of the many new signings but in Enciso and Baleba we do already have two very special young talents.

:goal:

My thoughts exactly. Almost cheating last night to have those two on the field 😀 .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah he's a great player, potentially world class. I just don't think its his best position yet :shrug:. As the season develops I reckon we'll see Rutter, Pedro and Gruda play that role more than Enciso.

He doesn't need to see the whole game from the left where I think his game understanding is a bit lacking at the moment. I'm not saying that he isn't a good player in that position, just we have other, potentially better options.
Fair play, and agree with most of that. The thing I'm not sure about is precisely what formation FH is going to play and who is going to play in the more central positions (beyond CB).
At SP, he was widely regarded as playing a 343 (or 523 if you prefer) with the middle CB playing a hybrid role also as a DCM when in possession. I can see inklings of that especially with Wieffer in the hybrid role.
For our two games, you could say that he was playing a conventional 442 or even 4231, but I think 2323 might capture it better, looking a bit like:
2x CBs
RB Wieffer/Gilmour LB
Milner Joao Pedro
RW Welbeck LW

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic talent, but I think still a little immature at times. It seemed obvious to me towards the end of his time on pitch that he was determined to get a goal irregardless of the best option on at the time, at least in a couple of moments.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He needs to be coached when to shoot or pass the ball. He was always looking to unleash a worldie. Great player and always looking busy. Thought he took corners OK.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
He needs to be coached when to shoot or pass the ball. He was always looking to unleash a worldie. Great player and always looking busy. Thought he took corners OK.
I thought the same for the majority of the match, he's greedy and tries to break the net with every shot (amazing when they come off e.g Chelsea, City but that's not very often).

But then he really surprised me by very unselfishly passing to Sarmiento, after that outrageous turn on the halfway line which put him through on goal.

Wouldn't have blamed him at all for trying to finish that one himself!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In fairness to him , passed at the right time to Sarmiento for our second goal. Was almost surprised he did pass rather than shoot.
He does put a shift in. Certainly did yesterday. Great player to have to bring on for the last 20/25 minutes of a game at either number 10 or on left wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here