Aug 2, 2011
rolls_silver_cloud_caravan.jpg
Has he parked his caravan next to your flat

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Theres no need in my opinion to have a go at him, he must be regretting not taking the contract offered and in my opinion...you reap what you sow!! :lolol:

Why regret taking the contract.

The Albion offered £6,500 a week for two years = £676,000
Palace offered £8,000 a week for three years = £1,248,000

Difference = £572,000.

Would you HONESTLY turn down over half a million quid just to appease a bunch of spackers on the internet, having just been taken to the cleaners by your ex-wife?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Difference = £572,000.

Would you HONESTLY turn down over half a million quid just to appease a bunch of spackers on the internet, having just been taken to the cleaners by your ex-wife?

Think he would be more than capable of getting another years contract after the first two years, so best to deduct that from your figures. Difference then would only be £156,000, Deduct from that 40% tax plus N. Ins etc....?....£70,000. Basically leaves him £86,000 better off going to Palace.

Not entirely dis-agreeing with your post....just trying to put a bit more of a realistic slant on it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Think he would be more than capable of getting another years contract after the first two years, so best to deduct that from your figures. Difference then would only be £156,000, Deduct from that 40% tax plus N. Ins etc....?....£70,000. Basically leaves him £86,000 better off going to Palace.

Not entirely dis-agreeing with your post....just trying to put a bit more of a realistic slant on it.

No guarantees though is there? Injury, completely fall out of form etc etc He may well be looking at getting a League 2 contract in 2 years time for whatever reasons. If you are offered a 2 year deal or 3 year deal for better money, it's a no-brainer to go for the 3 year deal. Unless you are a die-hard supporter and it's for your rival time, unfortunately Glenn Murray wasn't a Brighton fan

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I have just put a picture of Vicente in a Albion shirt through glenns letter box

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
take a shit in your hand and put that in his letter box...... don't forget to wash your hands after!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Difference = £572,000.

Why are you on his defense so much? Serious question? ?

Is he related or something.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dunno really Caveman. Thought he was IMMENSE for us last season and deserved a decent contract.

Gus didn't see him as part of his plans so Murray was free to take the best offer. I would rather he went to any other club than Palace because I think they have got a good player.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Just returned home from work to find some sketchy looking bloke in the garden next door. As i walked towards my front door the security light turned on revealing him. Glenn Judas Murray is my neighbour.
You need to hang some Brighton flags out the front of your house and in the garden just to remind him of our great club :p

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
take a shit in your hand and put that in his letter box...... don't forget to wash your hands after!

Exactly, but is that to get the shit or the germs from the letterbox off?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Did a good job for us - decent player, can't blame him for wanting to double his wages. Fair play. I wish him all the best

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Each to their own. Most people don't understand that being a footballer/actor/singer is just a job; at Glenn's level he is not a celebrity, he is just a professional sportsman doing a job and earning a salary. He does not earn the money to justify 'buying' harrassment in his private life. Leave it to giving him a bit of stick on the pitch for joining our little rivals and let it be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here