Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jon-Paul McGovern

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't dispute the wealth of your board of directors. In fact, when he took over our club, Bill Archer was the 6th richest businessman in the United Kingdom. He offered to build a stadium at King George V Avenue and look where that ended up but that wasn't what you said...You said that you were the most financially secure club in the division, which IMHO - you're not.

if that would have gone through, you and I could have walked over the hill together to the ground!!!
:clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We really are not as big an attraction as some of you seem to think. Falmer is a year away and we have yet to show any real intent to put together a team that is in with a chance of promotion.

We need to make a couple of excellent signings, which means spending proper money, to signal our intent and make other decent players want to come here. We seem to be better at losing players than gaining them at the moment.

heracy

BURN HIM:catfight::catfight::hammer:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
We really are not as big an attraction as some of you seem to think. Falmer is a year away and we have yet to show any real intent to put together a team that is in with a chance of promotion.

We need to make a couple of excellent signings, which means spending proper money, to signal our intent and make other decent players want to come here. We seem to be better at losing players than gaining them at the moment.

Absolutely. We are still a mediocre third division team.

And all this shit about "you wont find a team outside the premiership with more ambition that us" is just bollocks, and laughable!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Can you honestly imagine a players thought process being along these lines? "Hello they're in the most affulent part of the country (BS by the way, but that's another story), and they've got a nice stadium in a year or so time, I'm deffo going to sign for them"?

Yes...Next question?

Oct 25, 2003
i'd imagine for lower league footballers, playing in an "affluent" (expensive) area is more of a negetive.........they're not THAT rich so the cost of living probably is a factor

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I wish everyone would drop the Brighton are bigger than Swindon bullshit. Its this kind of attitude that has made the past 2 seasons so embarrassing. Shoreham moonraker has every right to be defensive over a lesser team (judging on last season) trying to nick their players. Stadium or not, they are the better squad at this moment in time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I wish everyone would drop the Brighton are bigger than Swindon bullshit. Its this kind of attitude that has made the past 2 seasons so embarrassing. Shoreham moonraker has every right to be defensive over a lesser team (judging on last season) trying to nick their players. Stadium or not, they are the better squad at this moment in time.
Nobody is claiming we are bigger than them, right now, we are on a level play field I feel. My anger is because of the levels of arrogance from the Swine fans.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
There's no loyalty in football, MONEY TALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

money_smiley_face.gif

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Nobody is claiming we are bigger than them, right now, we are on a level play field I feel. My anger is because of the levels of arrogance from the Swine fans.

hold on a minute, i said it was a sideways step so why bother? where is the arrogance in saying we are on a level playing field?

oh and congratulations on calderon, has slightly unnerved me as after speaking to your scout the other week he said there was no way you could match saints wages, makes me think that maybe you are offering more than them?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Im not being arrogant! They are both tied to contracts our club is financially sound and they both play regularly and enjoy playing, why take a sideways risk in times like these?

The interesting this from the Brighton perspective is that Swindon haven't come out and said No chance as the have with Charlie Austin! on the other hand the Argus broke the story and they had no idea Caldron was on his way back

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What is the beef with Swindon. They are a great Club. As it stands it is a sideways move (give or take). We certainly have more potential - and could be seen as a better bet for a player from another club looking at joining one of us. But these players are already at Swindon. If the wheels were falling off the Swindon bus you could see them jump ship - but it looks like they are a Club on the up - like us.

But if they do move - the football jungle drums will really be beating about the rise of the Albion.

If they don't - good luck and we move on.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
embarrassing thread, get real those of you with the Billy big bollox attitudes, for the next season Brighton are still a shit team in a shit stadium in the 3rd division for everyone but us fans!

If Greer and/or Mcgovern come here it will be for money and as Gus has said previously, we cant compete with what Swindon are paying players at the moment, we couldnt compete with Painters wages and he had done f*** all before last season so i cant imagine they were that much.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Word. And the geographic ignorance that Swindon is not set in a beautiful part of the country is surprising. Whilst being a dump itself (obviously).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
hold on a minute, i said it was a sideways step so why bother? where is the arrogance in saying we are on a level playing field?

oh and congratulations on calderon, has slightly unnerved me as after speaking to your scout the other week he said there was no way you could match saints wages, makes me think that maybe you are offering more than them?

Calderon has since spoken to Southampton and was expected to sign for them but he has rejected a more lucrative deal with Saints in favour of accepting Albion's original offer.

From The Argus.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
McGovern is a good player, I don't think he's better than Bennett though.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can we really not start playing this game. Remember when everyone was having a go at Southampton for being arrogant pricks when they thought they'd signed Calderon? It's beginning to sound a bit like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here