Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The scary part is that clubs in the championship who are planning for promotion often love the idea of a discount premiership playwr!? :eek:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] , off the top of your head, what would the average rock ape on West St get in terms of sentencing for something as dumb and mindless as that?

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
He's a disgrace to the beautiful game - a thug.
Ban him from the game for life & tear up his contract.

Simples!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
To be honest I wouldn't mind having Joey Barton in our team. He has been proven to be among the best tacklers in the Premier League (when he doesn't f*** up) and has great vision and creativity. If he wasn't so violent he would be one of the best players in the country. I don't think he would get on with Gus though.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Please God NO. We have no place for that self-destructive headcase in our team. It's a shame though because underneath it all, he's a very good footballer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He elbowed Tevez in the throat - no matter what provocation that is not acceptable. He then kneed Aguerro before trying to headbutt Kompany and finally wanting to have a go at Balotelli.

If he gets less than a 10 game ban he will be a very lucky man. If QPR retain him as club captain I will be amazed. That said it will cost them 2 years at £80K a week to buy out his contract or they can sack him and fight the PFA all the way to the Court for Sports Arbitration - I would like to think that QPR would take him on but they are a dirty scummy little club well suited to the likes of Barton so I very much doubt that they will.

You just said everything I did, just a little more eloquently.

DanielT

yes he acted like a cock but how can you not love him...he's hilarious!! a smash to the stomach for the greasy foreigner, an attempted head butt then trying to get at Balloteli:lolol:

barton would destroy mario

Why is Aguero a "greasy foreigner" but Ballotelli is just referred to by name? Is "greasy" an acceptable racial slur while "black" would cross a line for you!?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You just said everything I did, just a little more eloquently.

.........but I'm in trouble for calling QPR a dirty scummy little club :lol: It seems we are supposed to be supportive of opposition clubs and their fans who post on here. Unfortunately, when I started watching the Albion they were genuine rivals - much more so than Palace - and as I lived in London I developed a real dislike for them. The fact that they signed Barton knowing his back story and have a somewhat chequered recent financial history (plus their very shoddy treatment of Warnock - I'm no great fan of Colin's but he did a fair job and I reckon would have kept them up more readily than Hughes) all combines to make me less than complementary and far from magnanimous towards them. The only good news is that they - and their vastly escalated pricing structure - won't be gracing the Championship next season. In a more perfect world Barton wouldn't be (dis)gracing a football pitch either :)

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Why is Aguero a "greasy foreigner" but Ballotelli is just referred to by name? Is "greasy" an acceptable racial slur while "black" would cross a line for you!?

Aguero = a great striker & made history with that classy finish under immense pressure of the moment.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
To be honest I wouldn't mind having Joey Barton in our team. He has been proven to be among the best tacklers in the Premier League (when he doesn't f*** up) and has great vision and creativity. If he wasn't so violent he would be one of the best players in the country. I don't think he would get on with Gus though.

:bowdown::fishing:

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
And he doesnt understand why he gets overlooked every time an england squad is announced. Watch MOTD joe, THAT is why. Dumbass, worse, a dumbass who portrays himself as intelligent, all evidence points to dumbass.

Last edited:

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
The scary part is that clubs in the championship who are planning for promotion often love the idea of a discount premiership playwr!? :eek:

70k a week in wages isn't that discounted :) I do think the bloke is a complete bell end and that's me being nice. Wish he wasn't as good as he is, marked Teves out the game until he layed him out lol

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
no place in football ....on or off the field for this behavior, should be sacked and never play again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here