Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's like boredom time down the OK Corral ... post on anything and find a reason for it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
3 red card offences in as many minutes, I am impressed Joey, I had hopes you could do it but never imagined it would really happen. Congrats! You've earned a well deserved break from the first 10 games next season!

Too true but just makes you wonder what if he had decked the ref as well - Full set ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This!
I f**king hate Tevez. He's taken the piss out of city with his behaviour this season, and yet there he was prancing around the pitch with the premier league trophy at the end.
Its a joke, I hope its the last we see of that ugly little t*at in English football.

have to agree with this.........we all know Barton is a thug in the true sense of the word , he has tried to curb his anger issues and has , in this case literally flipped...........Tevez is a shit-bag in so many ways , i don't like him at all.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes, Tevez went down like a sack of shit - but theres no excuse for assaulting other players. He has automatically got a 4 game ban for the sending off and chances are will have it increased to at least a 10 game ban, along with a fine and then there is punishment for his Twitter comments - wouldnt be surprised if QPR punish him too.

And those saying they wouldnt mind us signing him ? I NEVER want that twat associated with out club, too much of a liability and is a massive, massive risk - not to mention the wages he would want..

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
To be fair to Barton, it takes great skill to commit three sending off offences within a couple of minutes. Not many players have managed that.

Didn't the fabulously skilled Pepe do it at Real Madrid. Banned for a huge number of games and forced to have his head shaved.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
There is no place in football for a prick like Barton. Just gives are game a bad name. Hope he never plays in the PL again. Saying that, He could do a job :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
not his best but made me laugh............he certainly has Barton's personality down to a tee :lol:

I see QPR's owner is saying they will investigate but don't rule out Barton staying - I guess the best part of £8m to pay off his contract would be reason enough to keep him :)

What is with pay him off? It was mentioned on MotD last night, surely his actions would be considered gross mis-conduct and so could be sacked forthwith. Never heard of someone being paid off when sacked for this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
What is with pay him off? It was mentioned on MotD last night, surely his actions would be considered gross mis-conduct and so could be sacked forthwith. Never heard of someone being paid off when sacked for this.

There are all sorts of "special rules" starting with the football creditors agreement imposed by the FA to the restrictions that the PFA try to apply to clubs seeking to end a player's fixed term contract........ it's all part of the very precious and protected world of the professional footballer that results in someone thinking that after committing three separate red card offences in the space of as many minutes he can just shrug his shoulders and (direct quote) "move on". QPR could just sack him but the PFA will seek to intervene and it would inevitably go to the court for sports arbitration who in the past seem to be very much on the players' side. Presumably Barton has the full support of his team mates - or at least the ones who told him to take a Man City player with him..... classy club :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess the best part of £8m to pay off his contract would be reason enough to keep him :)

Does the club actually need to pay someone off in these circumstances though? Jimmy Bullard was on a huge salary and got sacked from Hull for disciplinary reasons.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Indeed. A club would have to be insane if they signed a player and they could not get rid of him for gross mis-conduct. I'm pretty sure employment law must allow for gross misconduct as well. I do not believe for one minute football contracts say a player must be employed no matter what.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There are all sorts of "special rules" starting with the football creditors agreement imposed by the FA to the restrictions that the PFA try to apply to clubs seeking to end a player's fixed term contract........ it's all part of the very precious and protected world of the professional footballer that results in someone thinking that after committing three separate red card offences in the space of as many minutes he can just shrug his shoulders and (direct quote) "move on". QPR could just sack him but the PFA will seek to intervene and it would inevitably go to the court for sports arbitration who in the past seem to be very much on the players' side. Presumably Barton has the full support of his team mates - or at least the ones who told him to take a Man City player with him..... classy club :nono:

Players have been sacked before and the obvious evidence would suggest that in this case there's every chance it could happen again.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
So Barton has been charged with two counts of violent conduct - towards Aguerro and Kompany.

It's hard given the somewhat compelling tv evidence to think that he won't be found guilty.

So if he gets an automatic 4 match ban for the elbow on Tevez (second sending off of the season) what are the punishments for the next two offences? Is it 5 for the knee and 6 for the attempted headbutt? That would make 15 games in all which given the extent that he was clearly out of control and subsequent admission that he was trying to get one of their players to react and get sent off with him, seems eminently reasonable to me........................

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Teams target Barton because they know he has a screw loose. City did it yesterday and it worked perfectly. If you have someone in your team that can explode like that, you're constantly carrying a liability. Club Captain? If QPR don't AT LEAST strip him of that, they are a bunch of clueless idiots.

There is no place in the modern game for Vinnie Jones/Dennis Wise (absolute headcase) type players. Ban him for life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here