Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have spent far too long trying to defend this nasty little thug. This has 10 games written all over it!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His tweets: 'Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off.]Tried to take 1 of their players with me...'
'Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.' :wanker:

Think he might find that a surprisingly large number of people give a f***................. even some QPR fans.

What matters (for the good of football) is that he gets a lengthy ban.................. an elbow, a knee and a headbutt "still don't think it's a sending off" - Jeez! :nono:

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
All his tweets: 'Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....'
'Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.'
'The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me...'
'...Never worked but god loves a trier. #reallynotbother #wearesafe'
'Well done to Man City...'
'To all those nuggets who've been tweeting about relegation all season.......u were wrong. #chinup'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All his tweets: 'Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....'
[...]
'The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me...'

oh dear, grounds for gross misconduct?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be honest, this is all about opinions...I don't really know if QPR are dirty or scummy, but I've always regarded them as a crappy, tinpot organisation, and I can't stand Loftus Road. Is that any better?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I'm fond of this one:

"[MENTION=13465]joey[/MENTION]7Barton: To those same nuggets, the ones that constantly wrote us of all season. See u in the Premiership next season... #comeonur'sss"

I wouldn't be so sure there, Mr Barton...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well he'll get three games automatically for the red card. I'm not sure if he's already been sent off this season, but if he has, that'll be another match on top of that, which covers the original offence.

Then there's the kick out after he was sent off- which I'd suggest constitutes a separate charge of violent conduct and will no doubt be mentioned in the referee's report, and would merit another three matches under normal circumstances. Again, it's aggravated by the fact he'd already been sent off, so with a bit of luck, we might be looking at at least eight games without that nasty piece of work gracing the turf.

QPR may well look to shift him anyway: he's paid vast amounts of money and he only went there because nobody else came in last season.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
From his tweets you kind of get the feeling that he doesn't give a flying fudge for his actions. What a pillock.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
To be honest, this is all about opinions...I don't really know if QPR are dirty or scummy, but I've always regarded them as a crappy, tinpot organisation, and I can't stand Loftus Road. Is that any better?

This is the polite version, completely agree with both tbh. :)

also, it shows restraint and cool headedness from others on the pitch, when he does these stupid acts of wankishness, not to retaliate and take a swing at him.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully the FA will come down on Barton like a ton of bricks and I really hope the PFA will climb off the fence and distance themselves from his actions too. My fear is that Barton will just get a standard red card sanction when he really deserves to be helping the old bill with their inquiries. It was quite good that he chose to take on a couple of Argies - at least they weren't going to let him get away with it.

Whilst on the subject of distasteful players even though I'm not a Man C fan I feel really pissed off that Tevez gets to indulge himself in the glory of City's triumph - yet couldn't bring himself to play for them for 2 or 3 months. It's as if it never happened. If he was on the Albions books I wouldn't let him darken our doorstep. I just wonder how many City fans will overlook his treachery now they have a Prem title?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hopefully the FA will come down on Barton like a ton of bricks and I really hope the PFA will climb off the fence and distance themselves from his actions too. My fear is that Barton will just get a standard red card sanction when he really deserves to be helping the old bill with their inquiries. It was quite good that he chose to take on a couple of Argies - at least they weren't going to let him get away with it.

Whilst on the subject of distasteful players even though I'm not a Man C fan I feel really pissed off that Tevez gets to indulge himself in the glory of City's triumph - yet couldn't bring himself to play for them for 2 or 3 months. It's as if it never happened. If he was on the Albions books I wouldn't let him darken our doorstep. I just wonder how many City fans will overlook his treachery now they have a Prem title?

In a nutshell.

Tevez and Barton, part of the multitude of multimillionaire footballers that rule the modern game. They don't give a flying f*** about anything except how much they can screw out of the Premier League money machine. They laugh at bans and fines as it's just a pin prick in their gilt edged lives.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I didn't see it as I don't have sky, plus I was too busy on another thread :wink:

It's up on youtube already though.

[yt]O1tpjYurl8o[/yt]

He got good value for the red though, two assults and one attempted assult. Great stuff.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
yes he acted like a cock but how can you not love him...he's hilarious!! a smash to the stomach for the greasy foreigner, an attempted head butt then trying to get at Balloteli:lolol:

barton would destroy mario

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
yes he acted like a cock but how can you not love him...he's hilarious!! a smash to the stomach for the greasy foreigner, an attempted head butt then trying to get at Balloteli:lolol:

barton would destroy mario

I think you will find Mario is quite handy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here