Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton on twitter

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He really is a nasty piece of work. The fact he still spews out his crap away from the pitch makes him all the more vile.

There should be a separate section to Twitter for people like him....Twatter.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And a slanging match with Adeabyor and Balotti for good measure as well! You can certainly never accuse Joey Barton of being boring! :angel:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And a slanging match with Adeabyor and Balotti for good measure as well! You can certainly never accuse Joey Barton of being boring! :angel:

Barton and his excuses and justifications are tiresome, though.

D

Deleted member 18477

Barton would eat Balotelli alive!

Love the angry Barton. Pro pantomime villain. Ballotelli can only dream of being like Joey!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair he never touched the cheating dirty Argy scum... but his actions after that were, to be polite, a little less than shocking.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I reckon had the ref seen the initial incident both players would have probably been yellow carded. I guess Barton figured if I'm going to get sent off I may as well do it in style.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just read this off the BBC... unbelievable comment from Barton....

He added: "The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take one of theirs with me. It never worked but god loves a trier."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...also saying he was trying to get a city player sent off too

the funny thing is he thinks that this makes his actions alright. to who exactly? just goes to show that for all his reading of philosophy, he isnt actually all that clever.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
deserves a year ban total disgrace yesterday FA need to take a tough view with him but whatever the ban it wont change him hes a bit of crap in life!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Just read this off the BBC... unbelievable comment from Barton....

He added: "The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take one of theirs with me. It never worked but god loves a trier."

I don't understand the thinking behind that. If he injured a player, City wouldn't go down to 10 men, they'd just sub him...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't understand the thinking behind that. If he injured a player, City wouldn't go down to 10 men, they'd just sub him...

He meant he was trying to provoke a reaction from a Citeh player to get him red carded.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am not an apologist for Barton, but I think much of football is to blame here ......

Tevez clearly 'touches' Barton who then clearly 'touches' Tevez, Tevez then falls to the ground play acting as is demanded by modern footballers.

Barton is now aggrieved and knows what's coming.

Aguiera had been prompting the ref to send Barton off as were most City players and when he was given the red, he had not much to lose.

A knee to Agueiras leg wasn't enough to floor and 8 year old but typically enough to floor a fully fit professional sportsman, then Kompany 'Chest Butted' Barton, you see no head or arms raised here, thats a new one, before nearly getting properly butted !!!

Balotelli then comes off the bench to try to 'attack' Barton, but thankfully thinks better of it ....................

And so it went on .................

Out of 30 super fit athletes non were able to do any harm whatsoever to each other not one bloodied nose or bruised lip it was lamentable, not for Bartons 'violence' but for the play acting, posturing and haranguing of the ref by the City players.

Is Barton a pratt, maybe, but the rest are just as culpable in my book.

Dont get me started on Tevez conduct this season, that now of course most of football has forgiven ........... onwards and upwards !!!

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I am not an apologist for Barton, but I think much of football is to blame here ......

Tevez clearly 'touches' Barton who then clearly 'touches' Tevez, Tevez then falls to the ground play acting as is demanded by modern footballers.

Barton is now aggrieved and knows what's coming.

Aguiera had been prompting the ref to send Barton off as were most City players and when he was given the red, he had not much to lose.

A knee to Agueiras leg wasn't enough to floor and 8 year old but typically enough to floor a fully fit professional sportsman, then Kompany 'Chest Butted' Barton, you see no head or arms raised here, thats a new one, before nearly getting properly butted !!!

Balotelli then comes off the bench to try to 'attack' Barton, but thankfully thinks better of it ....................

And so it went on .................

Out of 30 super fit athletes non were able to do any harm whatsoever to each other not one bloodied nose or bruised lip it was lamentable, not for Bartons 'violence' but for the play acting, posturing and haranguing of the ref by the City players.

Is Barton a pratt, maybe, but the rest are just as culpable in my book.

Dont get me started on Tevez conduct this season, that now of course most of football has forgiven ........... onwards and upwards !!!

You missed the headbutt aimed at Kompany, just thought I'd point that bit out :) Looked like a proper one too and luckily Kompany must have a squidgy nose along with good reactions

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Barton isnt a vile human being.

He didnt hurt any of the City players did he? they all carried on after the incident and played the rest of the game.

If it was anyone else apart from Barton then it wouldn't be as much of a fuss as this. Silly thing to do, yes. Vile human being? Not really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here