Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton on twitter

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You missed the headbutt aimed at Kompany, just thought I'd point that bit out :) Looked like a proper one too and luckily Kompany must have a squidgy nose along with good reactions

But you missed the Kompany 'Chest Butt' just before Bartons attempted head butt ..............

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am not an apologist for Barton, but I think much of football is to blame here ......

Tevez clearly 'touches' Barton who then clearly 'touches' Tevez, Tevez then falls to the ground play acting as is demanded by modern footballers.

Barton is now aggrieved and knows what's coming.

Aguiera had been prompting the ref to send Barton off as were most City players and when he was given the red, he had not much to lose.

A knee to Agueiras leg wasn't enough to floor and 8 year old but typically enough to floor a fully fit professional sportsman, then Kompany 'Chest Butted' Barton, you see no head or arms raised here, thats a new one, before nearly getting properly butted !!!

Balotelli then comes off the bench to try to 'attack' Barton, but thankfully thinks better of it ....................

And so it went on .................

Out of 30 super fit athletes non were able to do any harm whatsoever to each other not one bloodied nose or bruised lip it was lamentable, not for Bartons 'violence' but for the play acting, posturing and haranguing of the ref by the City players.

Is Barton a pratt, maybe, but the rest are just as culpable in my book.

Dont get me started on Tevez conduct this season, that now of course most of football has forgiven ........... onwards and upwards !!!
spot on !

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I am not an apologist for Barton, but I think much of football is to blame here ......

Tevez clearly 'touches' Barton who then clearly 'touches' Tevez, Tevez then falls to the ground play acting as is demanded by modern footballers.

Barton is now aggrieved and knows what's coming.

Aguiera had been prompting the ref to send Barton off as were most City players and when he was given the red, he had not much to lose.

A knee to Agueiras leg wasn't enough to floor and 8 year old but typically enough to floor a fully fit professional sportsman, then Kompany 'Chest Butted' Barton, you see no head or arms raised here, thats a new one, before nearly getting properly butted !!!

Balotelli then comes off the bench to try to 'attack' Barton, but thankfully thinks better of it ....................

And so it went on .................

Out of 30 super fit athletes non were able to do any harm whatsoever to each other not one bloodied nose or bruised lip it was lamentable, not for Bartons 'violence' but for the play acting, posturing and haranguing of the ref by the City players.

Is Barton a pratt, maybe, but the rest are just as culpable in my book.

Dont get me started on Tevez conduct this season, that now of course most of football has forgiven ........... onwards and upwards !!!

This is, in my view, completely accurate. Also it is a pleasant antidote to the usual trite outpourings of 'scum' and 'disgrace' - which are as boring as they are reactionary and sanctimoniously moronic. Largely based on prior prejudice for the player and a sensation that the common or garden armchair twat enjoys playing moral arbiter in front of facebook, twitter, their friends or an internet forum as if his specious opinion matters.

It just rankles, is all. SCUM! DISGRACE! ANIMAL! Football needs more a thesaurus and less sensationalism from pundits. It has taught idiots to react the same.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's not a one of though, is it.

He is a thug at heart. Putting cigars in people's eyes, elbowing, head butting, and then the knee in the back of Aguero with the ANGER FACE was the final straw. What a tool.

And THEN he goes on to his beloved twitter, apologises once, and then SPURTS out nonsense all night. There is no class about that guy. Idiot.

How can anyone defend an elbow, knee in thigh and attempted headbutt!? 50k a week? Maybe more? Wow

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's not a one of though, is it.

He is a thug at heart. Putting cigars in people's eyes, elbowing, head butting, and then the knee in the back of Aguero with the ANGER FACE was the final straw. What a tool.

And THEN he goes on to his beloved twitter, apologises once, and then SPURTS out nonsense all night. There is no class about that guy. Idiot.

How can anyone defend an elbow, knee in thigh and attempted headbutt!? 50k a week? Maybe more? Wow

I dont know what Barton is like personally, he seems to up for a fight in a kebab shop, but at times is an articulate and interesting person.

I am not sure whether his kneeing of Aguero is really any worse than the odious play acting, haranguing of referees and relentless prompting of the ref to punish players usually in response to their own player faking it anyway.

I cannot help accepting a silly kick above a player rolling around on the pitch clutching his face when he hasnt been touched.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
the funny thing is he thinks that this makes his actions alright. to who exactly? just goes to show that for all his reading of philosophy, he isnt actually all that clever.

Its not about intelligence though, his problem is clearly controlling an extremely volatile and nasty temper, which of course hes never always going to be able to do in a contact sport with people trying to wind him up all the time.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This is, in my view, completely accurate. Also it is a pleasant antidote to the usual trite outpourings of 'scum' and 'disgrace' - which are as boring as they are reactionary and sanctimoniously moronic. Largely based on prior prejudice for the player and a sensation that the common or garden armchair twat enjoys playing moral arbiter in front of facebook, twitter, their friends or an internet forum as if his specious opinion matters.

It just rankles, is all. SCUM! DISGRACE! ANIMAL! Football needs more a thesaurus and less sensationalism from pundits. It has taught idiots to react the same.

All too true

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
why do people always find excuses for Barton

Its not really finding an excuse for him though.

What did he really do that was so bad yesterday? Tevez had a little swipe at him which he retaliated to, then he kneed Ageuro who went down like he just got hit by a car and then people just jumped in for no reason and of cause he is going to react like that.

It was stupid what he did, and was deserving of a red card (along with Tevez) but what is being said about it from some people on here (and in the media) is well over the top.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Its not really finding an excuse for him though.

What did he really do that was so bad yesterday? Tevez had a little swipe at him which he retaliated to, then he kneed Ageuro who went down like he just got hit by a car and then people just jumped in for no reason and of cause he is going to react like that.

It was stupid what he did, and was deserving of a red card (along with Tevez) but what is being said about it from some people on here (and in the media) is well over the top.

What are people saying that's over the top?

That he's a violent prick? I don't see how any sensible person could deny that?

That he should get a long ban? Again, how's that wrong he committed two/three violent conduct offences and had to be dragged off the pitch?

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Barton isnt a vile human being.

He didnt hurt any of the City players did he? they all carried on after the incident and played the rest of the game.

If it was anyone else apart from Barton then it wouldn't be as much of a fuss as this. Silly thing to do, yes. Vile human being? Not really.

But this is hardly his first offence...yes, yesterday he was being a stupid dirty wanker, but stubbing out a cigar in a youth player's eye? That's another level...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
What are people saying that's over the top?

That he's a violent prick? I don't see how any sensible person could deny that?

That he should get a long ban? Again, how's that wrong he committed two/three violent conduct offences and had to be dragged off the pitch?

Calling him a "Vile Human being" is over the top. Especially as no-one has even met the guy!!

His ban will be however long the rules say it whould be.

He wasn't really dragged off the pitch was he? He wasnt helped by the fact that nearly all the Man City players got in his face at some stage which meant that obviously people were going to go and help him out.

I'm not saying he has done nothing wrong, he shouldn't have reacted like that to the sending off but lets not forget that it was a highly emotion charged game for both teams. If the City players hadnt been demanding that he was sent off and the incident was seen properly then it would have been the same punishment for both him and Tevez. Maybe Barton should have thrown himself to the floor and Tevez would have been sent off, but he stayed on his feet.

He was very silly yesterday and should have known better than to do that and I think he did realise that he had messed up and tried to even it up by getting a reaction from a City player, again, silly but no worse than what tevez did to him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well let's see how seriously football treats its image, as he is damaging it on a regular basis, and continues to with his tweeting today. 3 games for the red card just wouldn't be enough.

Surely, a player, trying to provoke a reaction after a red card, to even things back up again has to be stamped out or it could become carnage after every red card as other try more and more provocation until this "works." That simply must carry an additional 3 games on topof the 3 he's getting for teh red card, or players sent off would do it in teh knowledge they have nothing to lose.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has woken up again, now starting on Gary Linekar

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Calling him a "Vile Human being" is over the top. Especially as no-one has even met the guy!!

His ban will be however long the rules say it whould be.

He wasn't really dragged off the pitch was he? He wasnt helped by the fact that nearly all the Man City players got in his face at some stage which meant that obviously people were going to go and help him out.

I'm not saying he has done nothing wrong, he shouldn't have reacted like that to the sending off but lets not forget that it was a highly emotion charged game for both teams. If the City players hadnt been demanding that he was sent off and the incident was seen properly then it would have been the same punishment for both him and Tevez. Maybe Barton should have thrown himself to the floor and Tevez would have been sent off, but he stayed on his feet.

He was very silly yesterday and should have known better than to do that and I think he did realise that he had messed up and tried to even it up by getting a reaction from a City player, again, silly but no worse than what tevez did to him.

Stabbing cigs out in peoples faces, kicking the crap out of people in the street. Vile human being just about sums the **** up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Dec 2004 - he stubbed out a lit fag, in the EYE of a youth team player.
Summer 2005 - sent home from a pre-season tour of Thailand after assaulting a 15 year old Everton fan.

Not bad for starters, do I need to go on? That pretty much set his reputation as a "vile human being" and he regularly does stupid petulant acts of violence of ignorance that just seems to ensure the early inncoents are dismissed as the folly of youth. Nope, vile human being does seem to cover it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Dec 2004 - he stubbed out a lit fag, in the EYE of a youth team player.
Summer 2005 - sent home from a pre-season tour of Thailand after assaulting a 15 year old Everton fan.

Not bad for starters, do I need to go on? That pretty much set his reputation as a "vile human being" and he regularly does stupid petulant acts of violence of ignorance that just seems to ensure the early inncoents are dismissed as the folly of youth. Nope, vile human being does seem to cover it.

Jailed for Assault also

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
thug .........but good enough to make a living out of the game at prem level for the last 5 / 6 seasons.......despite spending 6 months at hmp.........you lot really are up yourselves.

have you ever played the game above pub level , have you ever been sent off , have you ever been targeted by half a dozen of the other team ,do you have any idea how highly strung that whole situation would be .......he will get 6 games tops and he will be at qpr next season........calm down.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jailed for Assault also

Oh there's plenty more. The guy is just an horrible little piece of work. Just take this latest one. He gets sent off, ok that happens, stupid, but plenty of players are stupid. When it's Joey though, we get attempts at picking fights all the way off the pitch, then twitter rants slagging off those pundits who dared to criticise him for letting his team mates down, and for basically being stupid - which he was. Oh, and throw in a brazen admission that he WAS actively trying to provoke a reaction to get someone sent off, making it 10 vs 10.

Jees, that's just the last 24 hours, and it's a fair body of work to support "vile human being" even with using youth players eyes as ashtrays, and beating people up in teh street / cab / nightclub.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Surely, a player, trying to provoke a reaction after a red card, to even things back up again has to be stamped out or it could become carnage after every red card as other try more and more provocation until this "works." That simply must carry an additional 3 games on topof the 3 he's getting for teh red card, or players sent off would do it in teh knowledge they have nothing to lose.

So by your reckoning Tevez should also have a 3 match ban for winding him up in the first place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here