Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

joey barton - gay footballers

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Just to say there's a gay football team in Brighton called Brighton Bandits (yes , cringe at the name) however maybe Albion could get involved in supporting them?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It appears there must be a lot of 'gay curious' people then, because it seems a subject that has so nothing-to-do-with-anything, that it appears having it be an issue is ....more of an issue.

I am about as curious as someone else`s sexuality as I am about whether they prefer mint chocolate choc ice cream or rum and raisin. That is not the point though. It is that THEY feel that they cannot come out and talk about an aspect of there life generally because they see the discrimination that would lie ahead. So if you think that makes people bi-curious and a subject not worthy of debate because it is no ones business then I`ll keep an eye out for your opinions on other subjects on here.

PS Chocolate chip cookie.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Here is my two peneth worth.

Peoples lives are not an episode of Glee. Why is it important that a person must walk around wearing their sexuality on their sleeve? If a player wants to "come out" then of course he should be able to do so without being pilloried. If not then fine, that is his business.

I must say some people start sounding all sanctimonious when they get on to this subject.

This

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
So because you havent got your quota of players admitting their own sexuality, in this case homosexuality, you feel compelled to feel that the world needs your help.

Jeeeez, what a high opinion you have of your sense of injustices.

Its no more than tittle tattle, so give us all a break and help save the world and confess your own sexual preferences ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Do you have some issues you need to talk to someone about? You do seem frankly obsessed ??? :albion2:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
A film I could recommend, which is sort of relevant. Amusing, with some dagger sharp irony in there - a film to relax with
i-now-pronounce-you-chuck-and-larry-poster-0.jpg

:facepalm:

I am pointing out exactly what is wrong with that... whether it is true or not is irrelevent, the fact that it even existed shows that there is still inherent homophobia within the sport.

Whether you like it or intend to do it, or not - you really are perpetuating a rumour.
I had not considered that the lad, who I respected for his football and professional attitude for a long time before he committed suicide, may have been struggling with any such issues as this rumour suggests. Why might I, now? If his promise to his wife, and responsibility to his family had been compromised - then that is sad, and it should not be diluted by "the poor man was struggling with coming out" should it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you're forcing people to 'come out' you really are getting nowhere with homophobia. Everyone is entitled to their privacy and shouldn't feel the need to be forced into a corner.

I am about as curious as someone else`s sexuality as I am about whether they prefer mint chocolate choc ice cream or rum and raisin. That is not the point though. It is that THEY feel that they cannot come out and talk about an aspect of there life generally because they see the discrimination that would lie ahead. So if you think that makes people bi-curious and a subject not worthy of debate because it is no ones business then I`ll keep an eye out for your opinions on other subjects on here.

PS Chocolate chip cookie.

Dark double-chocolate muffins.

Whew, I have been struggling with this admission, and now it's out there I can indulge freely.
I have seen your point but simply have to question WHO is making the big deal about it.
Personally, I think it's so irrelevent to competitive sport that making it an issue at all is....well, a bit queer.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If anyone can understand how that is making any point whatsoever, then I believe their name might be 'philmyglass'.

I think he meant to call himself feelmyarse, but spelling evidently isn't one of his strengths. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lead on, Macpuff....
I was as drunk as you Danny, and we swore never to talk of our love again.
As I've said, people inother countries who now supply a considerable number of players in the Premier Legue have a different viewpoint on male homosexuality.

A few months ago an extremely agonising article appeared in the "Observer Magazine" about male rape in African war-zones, specifically in the Congo region. Men were captured and gang-raped yet UN observers were told not to report this event but to concentrate on what happened to women. Men who had suffered this came unwillingly to doctors, some barely able to even sit down, and not in control of their bowel functions. They were rejected by their wives as "less than men" even though they had no option if they wanted to live.

Anyone who talks about the "Glory of homosexual love" should read that article. I doubt though if it's been put ion the net.
Rape is rape. What the f*** has that got to do with love? When someone talks fondly about love between a man and a woman, we don't need to remind them of incidents of rape throughout history. You must unlearn what you have learnt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here