Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel ward

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Why on earth would be bitter about that eh? Are you implying that he did actually dive?

He's quick but has no balance, he'll sprint as fast as he can until he either falls over or feels the need to stick his leg around a player and fall over.

Buckley clearly stuck a leg out and got punished, typical forwards challenge but I don't doubt Zaha took the opportunity to make that look like a penalty.

I'm not overly sure why Brighton fans seem to take the higher ground on this one though. Buckley threw himself over later on in the game and your 'Messiah' Vicente wins the gold for the best dive against Liverpool.

Zaha got the full back booked something like 13 times last season, is he conning the ref or is he simply far too tricky?

Anyway, Ward - top signing for 400k.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ward's an average player who looked okay in a poor Portsmouth team. We can do better.

Jan 12, 2012
Buckley clearly stuck a leg out and got punished, typical forwards challenge but I don't doubt Zaha took the opportunity to make that look like a penalty.

I'm not overly sure why Brighton fans seem to take the higher ground on this one though. Buckley threw himself over later on in the game and your 'Messiah' Vicente wins the gold for the best dive against Liverpool.

Zaha got the full back booked something like 13 times last season, is he conning the ref or is he simply far too tricky?

Anyway, Ward - top signing for 400k.

It's funny how they saw Wilf dive from the other end of the pitch, but didn't see Buckley's swan dive right in fr.ont of them !!
Back on topic, Ward will be a great addition to the team, well respected by Pompey fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
your 'Messiah' Vicente wins the gold for the best dive against Liverpool.

If you are seriously talking about the penalty at teh Amex, when Carragher took his legs away in the six yard box, then we might as well give up on you now.

Neither. He's just quick. Quick players get tugged back = bookings.

Jan 12, 2012
Of course you will, because they are saying what you want to hear. If they were saying he was shit, then you'd discount them.

When a player leaves a club, the normal response is to slag them off, we've all done it. Because only good things are being said about him, that tells me enough about his ability ,and more importantly, the person.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When a player leaves a club, the normal response is to slag them off, we've all done it. Because only good things are being said about him, that tells me enough about his ability ,and more importantly, the person.

He came through their youth team, stayed when the club turned to shit, and is only leaving because they need him off the wage bill. Even the morons that support Portsmouth would be hard pushed to hold that against him.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If you are seriously talking about the penalty at teh Amex, when Carragher took his legs away in the six yard box, then we might as well give up on you now.

Neither. He's just quick. Quick players get tugged back = bookings.

Carragher committed himself and Vicente took advantage of that and threw himself over, much like Zaha did.

Clearly, you're not going to change your mind on Zaha despite seeing him for no more than a handful of games. There's a reason he's so highly rated by the FL and it's not his pace, his trickery is unreal at this level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Carragher committed himself and Vicente took advantage of that and threw himself over, much like Zaha did.

Clearly, you're not going to change your mind on Zaha despite seeing him for no more than a handful of games. There's a reason he's so highly rated by the FL and it's not his pace, his trickery is unreal at this level.

On the Carragher / vicente thing you are clearly on a wind-up, so we'll leave that aside.

As for Zaha, why does he choose never to use any of these tricks every time I see him play?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
On the Carragher / vicente thing you are clearly on a wind-up, so we'll leave that aside.

As for Zaha, why does he choose never to use any of these tricks every time I see him play?

Did you not watch him against Man Utd? I lost count of the times he breezed past their players. I seem to remember him and Clyne taking the piss after we scored against you at Selhurst too.

It's a bit like me saying CMS is a headless chicken, I imagine I've seen him play more times than you've seen Zaha but you'd be quick to quash that conclusion for similar reasons.

Jan 12, 2012
I'm surprised you didn't come in for him. Played in the premier, established in the championship, young and on a low fee, and just along the coast. After seeing your right back last season, that's the priority rather then replacing CMS

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised you didn't come in for him. Played in the premier, established in the championship, young and on a low fee, and just along the coast. After seeing your right back last season, that's the priority rather then replacing CMS

I'd imagine that we did consider him, and decided against.

Not sure who you mean by 'our right back'. We used a few. Calderon is more than adequate. he missed the game against you at the Amex, and almost scored a late winner at your dump.

Oct 25, 2003

we'll probably be signing a right back yes.........and we're not trying to replace CMS, what gave you that idea?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I'd imagine that we did consider him, and decided against.

Not sure who you mean by 'our right back'. We used a few. Calderon is more than adequate. he missed the game against you at the Amex, and almost scored a late winner at your dump.

That was probably a blessing, Zaha's world class trickery would have bamboozled him for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here