Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel ward

Oct 25, 2003
The whole point of this thread was to extol the virtues of Joel Ward but the truth of the matter is that he wouldn't have got a place in out team at the end of last season so provided we sign Mattock on a free why should we worry if he signs for Palace Ipswich or Leeds it is totally irrelevant to us, as he wouldn't get into our team only improve the back up.

he apparently played against us at the amex and i can't for the life of me can't remember him........all i remember is that the whole portsmouth team tried hard but were severely lacking in any form of talent

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
That link is pure gold and runs to over 15 pages of hand wringing non committed Palace fans talking about crowds just last October - it doesn't even refer to the fact that the actual crowd was less than 10k that night and you went fifth in the table in the Championship !

You refer to our PAST crowds in a stadium we filled to near capacity each week (attendance was pulled down by poor away shows at Withdean such as Palace who failed to sell out their 700 ticket allocation) in lower leagues. Our current attendances are something you can only aspire to with Groupon, 2 for 0ne , poster campaigns etc. Face it , at the moment, you are desperate for any fans - plastic or not :lol:

Plenty of empty seats in the home end that day, like most of your latter games at The Withdean. I'll lend you the DVD if you want proof. :lolol:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
he apparently played against us at the amex and i can't for the life of me can't remember him........all i remember is that the whole portsmouth team tried hard but were severely lacking in any form of talent

Apparently Vicente played for Brighton against Palace but I can't for the life of me remember him doing anything, so he must be crap.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Plenty of empty seats in the home end that day, like most of your latter games at The Withdean. I'll lend you the DVD if you want proof. :lolol:
Bless. Did your club really make a DVD to celebrate winning that one at Withdean? How cute.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You can't judge Ward just based on just his game at the Amex. He clearly has talent, but as most have said he's solid and reliable rather than spectacular. £400k is a fair price for him, maybe worth £100k-£200k more but that's about it.

Oct 25, 2003
You can't judge Ward just based on just his game at the Amex. He clearly has talent, but as most have said he's solid and reliable rather than spectacular. £400k is a fair price for him, maybe worth £100k-£200k more but that's about it.

i'm not going to judge him just on that....just that I really can't remember him....certainly didn't stand out in what was a woefully poor portsmouth side

perhaps he's more of a "quietly goes about his business" type player........he certainly attracted a decent amount of interest from other clubs in the league that would suggest he has something

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
don't be thick and compare vicente with a portsmouth youngster ever again please...thanks

Obviously, it was tongue and cheek. My point is, you're (not you, NSC in general) rating a young player on seeing him once in a side that was decimated by the effects of administration.

How can you genuinely draw a valid conclusion from that? You can't, because you're talking about a Palace related matter.

Oct 25, 2003
i'm not going to judge him just on that....just that I really can't remember him....certainly didn't stand out in what was a woefully poor portsmouth side

perhaps he's more of a "quietly goes about his business" type player........he certainly attracted a decent amount of interest from other clubs in the league that would suggest he has something

Obviously, it was tongue and cheek. My point is, you're (not you, NSC in general) rating a young player on seeing him once in a side that was decimated by the effects of administration.

How can you genuinely draw a valid conclusion from that? You can't, because you're talking about a Palace related matter.

i haven't tried to draw a "valid conclusion" about him....i said that i didn't remember him

(edit and that i remember the portsmouth team lacking in talent....which is true....in that game)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Nah I recorded it off Sky and burnt it to dvds.

Our club don't put any old game on dvd, unlike yours who put Southampton away on sale!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338484393.133620.jpg

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

TBF when we played Portsmouth Ward didn't stand out. He is s**t on Fm as well.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So Clyne will be off soon and now their best Centre Back in Gardner is off to Sheff Wed. Palace's defence getting weakened rather rapidly. Still, they've got their captain - donkey McCarthy, left I suppose.

Oh, and their esteemed leader Steve Parish is desperately trying to get a rugby team to play their home games at Selhurst

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Oh, and their esteemed leader Steve Parish is desperately trying to get a rugby team to play their home games at Selhurst

What, REALLY!? Imagine if Bloom suggested that to Gus? As long as the ball doesn't roll along the floor too much I guess they wont have a problem. The divets might help Zaha fall over a bit more I suppose.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
What, REALLY!? Imagine if Bloom suggested that to Gus? As long as the ball doesn't roll along the floor too much I guess they wont have a problem. The divets might help Zaha fall over a bit more I suppose.

Really:

Palace make late bid to bring Premiership rugby to Selhurst | Inside Croydon

Crystal Palace co-owner Steve Parish has made an 11th hour offer to bring Premiership rugby to Selhurst Park.

The Eagles chairman has contacted senior figures at London Welsh to offer help and support to the 2011-2012 RFU Championship winners, as they seek to overturn a governing body’s decision that could deny them the promotion to the top-flight that they have earned.

Inside Croydon understands that Parish has been in contact with senior London Welsh officials to discuss a possible link-up and any help that Palace might be able to offer.

With Harlequins the only London rugby club to play its home matches in the capital, London Welsh has the potential to attract a big audience to their home games if the Dragons shared a nest with the Eagles at Selhurst Park, which has a strong rugby catchment area that includes many large junior clubs and rugby-playing schools.

Regular top-flight rugby matches could also bring extra business to Croydon, though the games would be unlikely to require similar levels of policing to football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here