Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel ward

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

You used to get 6,000 before the plastics turned up...how does it feel knowing that over half the fans in your stadium prob don't even support you as there first team! Shameful

That link is pure gold and runs to over 15 pages of hand wringing non committed Palace fans talking about crowds just last October - it doesn't even refer to the fact that the actual crowd was less than 10k that night and you went fifth in the table in the Championship !

You refer to our PAST crowds in a stadium we filled to near capacity each week (attendance was pulled down by poor away shows at Withdean such as Palace who failed to sell out their 700 ticket allocation) in lower leagues. Our current attendances are something you can only aspire to with Groupon, 2 for 0ne , poster campaigns etc. Face it , at the moment, you are desperate for any fans - plastic or not :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That link is pure gold and runs to over 15 pages of hand wringing non committed Palace fans talking about crowds just last October - it doesn't even refer to the fact that the actual crowd was less than 10k that night and you went fifth in the table in the Championship !

You refer to our PAST crowds in a stadium we filled to near capacity each week (attendance was pulled down by poor away shows at Withdean such as Palace who failed to sell out their 700 ticket allocation) in lower leagues. Our current attendances are something you can only aspire to with Groupon, 2 for 0ne , poster campaigns etc. Face it , at the moment, you are desperate for any fans - plastic or not :lol:

15 pages of people saying "I didn't go myself, but I think the stay-aways are a disgrace" :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They're awesome! I couldn't make it for whatever reason, but where were the missing 3000 from Saturday night is my fav!!!

"Its not because people don't want to go, its because of the economic climate"

"But Charlton are getting 15,000 in League One"

"Er, that's different, because, um, er...."

Personally I think that link should be a standard response to any of the Palace scum that post on here. It says everything about them as fans when compared to us - just imagine what their attendances would be if they hadn't "enjoyed" 35 years of top two league football :facepalm:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Deluded, so deluded. Plastic club, devoid of history, end of.

Heres some of your crowd history - (not mentioning the 2 administrations of course) -

" Lowest since:

14th March 1995
v Sheff Wednesday (10,964)

We were in the Prem "

Oct 25, 2003
You used to get 6,000 before the plastics turned up...how does it feel knowing that over half the fans in your stadium prob don't even support you as there first team?! Shameful i'd guess...

yep, 11,000 people in the brighton & hove area go to see their second team on a regular basis, that makes sense....

Oct 25, 2003

but hang on, your OWN fans use the fact that selhurst is shit as an excuse for your low crowds (that and "boo hoo the manager isn't playing pretty football, i'm not going then")

we were playing at withdean.........in league 1.........

In respect of a comparison between Palace & Albion fans at the moment I am quite confident that should our team have the good fortune to reach the semi - final of the Carling Cup the Albion would not be forced to appeal to our supporters to buy up remaining unsold tickets for the home leg , and be flogging them on the gate on the evening of the match. Now that would be embarrassing :ffsparr:

Oct 25, 2003
i'm quite confused.......palace fans seem to claim that we're all "plastics" AND YET:

West Ham (big game)- 20,074
Reading (big game)- 21,002

Watford (not so big game)- 13,324

in fact you could look at all of their "not so big games" (i chose one that was fairly local) and ask yourself "why didn't their legions of die hard fans not attend those not so big games?!"

or is it a case that THEIR fans may actually be slightly "plastic" as they like to say

it's like that guy in american beauty....hates gay people because he's actually a bit gay himself...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i'm quite confused.......palace fans seem to claim that we're all "plastics" AND YET:

West Ham (big game)- 20,074
Reading (big game)- 21,002

Watford (not so big game)- 13,324

in fact you could look at all of their "not so big games" (i chose one that was fairly local) and ask yourself "why didn't their legions of die hard fans not attend those not so big games?!"

or is it a case that THEIR fans may actually be slightly "plastic" as they like to say

it's like that guy in american beauty....hates gay people because he's actually a bit gay himself...
The reason the Nigels call us plastic is because we have twice as many fans attending games as they have.

As has been proven many times before, and as you have so expertly proven here, football support actually doesn't come more plastic than with the Nigels. My favourite stat, as I have posted on here about 20 times in recent years is this little gem:

May 1979: Palace v Burnley 51,700
Feb 1985: Palace v Wimbledon 4,005

In that 5.5 year gap, they were promoted once, and then suffered relegation once, and yet somehow seemed to lose 47,700 "supporters". As I say, they really don't come more plastic than the Nigels.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The whole point of this thread was to extol the virtues of Joel Ward but the truth of the matter is that he wouldn't have got a place in out team at the end of last season so provided we sign Mattock on a free why should we worry if he signs for Palace Ipswich or Leeds it is totally irrelevant to us, as he wouldn't get into our team only improve the back up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here