Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Gannon made redundant !

Stockport must have been gutted when Gannon chose to stay then, as I would have thought they would have been due a decent wedge of compensation if Gannon had come here, and now they've had to let him go for nothing...

Agree with BG that now is the time to get the offers in for any players that we want from them.

Yep, that's what I have heard. And Gordon, my sources are pretty accurate as well, his package was over 200,000 pa with all his add ons. And his wife was also apparently on the payroll although no-one was quite sure what she did.

I think Sky are reporting this on the back of a Daily Mirror article printed today.
Sky reported last week that he was taking over at Oldham before Penney
accepted the job.

We will wait and see. Not too sure what benefits the administrators would gain
by making Jim redundant. Once made redundant, wouldn't the post of football
manager also be redundant for the following two years? Maybe renegotiate
his contract. But surely they are trying to find a buyer (if possible!).

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He'll be needing that shiny Mike Baldwin-esque suit for interviews then

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I see Stockport have got 50 points on the league one table meaning their points got deducted this season.

Can anyone confirm that they will definately be starting with -10 next season?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That will teach him for turning us down after trying to hold us to randsom.

Loyalty? Don't think so. He wanted to wait to see what division we would be in and try and eek out a few more pounds a week.

How can that be right? If the deduction doesn't affect them then points are deducted the following season. Southampton for example...

Not exactly. If County could have been relegated then the points would be applied this season, if they relegated County they are applied this season. If already down then it is next season.

Additionall Southampton went into voluntary admin, County were forced into it by a hostile creditor.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The points deduction rule is stupid however, Stockport need to come out of administration with an agreed CVA and having settled all football debts in full to avoid any further penalty. If they fail to do so, as with many other clubs since the Leeds debacle, they will face points deductions from the start of next season.

Also, technically, they could make the post of manager (with his job spec) redundant. They could leave all negotiations and player purchases to an administrator and employ just a coach for the team. Probably not the English way but works on the continent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way I see it Gannon showed loyalty and the decision to release him was the administrator's, not Stockports.

Also, he said he didn't want to relocate away from the North-West so it will be interesting to see where he does end up.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The points deduction rule is stupid however, Stockport need to come out of administration with an agreed CVA and having settled all football debts in full to avoid any further penalty. If they fail to do so, as with many other clubs since the Leeds debacle, they will face points deductions from the start of next season.

Also, technically, they could make the post of manager (with his job spec) redundant. They could leave all negotiations and player purchases to an administrator and employ just a coach for the team. Probably not the English way but works on the continent.

The rules about when the points are taken is down to if the club is in the relegation zone at the time or not. If you are (ie Saints) the points will only be taken if it makes a difference that season if not the following season. Bit of a crap rule really which needs sorting.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The rules about when the points are taken is down to if the club is in the relegation zone at the time or not. If you are (ie Saints) the points will only be taken if it makes a difference that season if not the following season. Bit of a crap rule really which needs sorting.

Not really. It's designed that way to stop clubs like Southampton, who were effectively already down, taking the points hit that season, ala Leeds United when they went down from the Championship.

Leeds got punished again because they didn't have everybody's agreement on a CVA, ala Bournemouth and Rotherham this season.

Looks fine to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here