Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Gannon made redundant !

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Perhaps his loyalty was what did for him; payback for lifting his skirts to us in such a flagrant manner?

Remember, the news that we'd come in for him came from the official Stockport website - not us

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The points deduction rule is stupid however, Stockport need to come out of administration with an agreed CVA and having settled all football debts in full to avoid any further penalty. If they fail to do so, as with many other clubs since the Leeds debacle, they will face points deductions from the start of next season.

Also, technically, they could make the post of manager (with his job spec) redundant. They could leave all negotiations and player purchases to an administrator and employ just a coach for the team. Probably not the English way but works on the continent.

Its all bollocks isn't it?
When I was a kid growing up and watching football in the 70's, it was 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw. League division 1, League division 2. League division 3 and League division 4. Managers wore sheepskin coats and drove Jags. Players wore small shorts, ate bloody steaks and drank lager. The top three went up, the bottom three went down, and whoever won Division 1 (er, that'd be Liverpool) played in the European Cup. Simple as.

All this shite about Administration and points deductions and whatnot is just bollocks. Soon, there will be no relegation, as the bottom three places in each division will be occupied by teams starting off on minus 10 and minus 15 points every season. Insane...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As Drew spoke about, the fact that he's been made redundant surely means that if they appoint someone else as "Manager", then they're breaking the law and Gannon will be able to sue them? Like David Brent on the Office, he was made redundant and then they gave his job to Gareth, so he sued and won! There is a precedent here! I wonder what the Stockport fans must be feeling now. :(

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
As Drew spoke about, the fact that he's been made redundant surely means that if they appoint someone else as "Manager", then they're breaking the law and Gannon will be able to sue them? Like David Brent on the Office, he was made redundant and then they gave his job to Gareth, so he sued and won! There is a precedent here! I wonder what the Stockport fans must be feeling now. :(

Though given his love of the club he may not enforce it. He has not exactly lost out the deal. He can now go to another club who will not have to pay any compensation for him, meaning that they can offer him more money.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Though given his love of the club he may not enforce it. He has not exactly lost out the deal. He can now go to another club who will not have to pay any compensation for him, meaning that they can offer him more money.

That's a good point to be fair, he will have been paid off and he's free to step up into the championship now aswell, or the Norwich job which is/will become available. It's very sad though, I thought when we approached them that their chairman seemed very blase about mr Gannon, it baffled me then and it baffles me now. If it weren't for him, they wouldn't be in league 1. There must be more to their crisis than meets the eye.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I see Stockport have got 50 points on the league one table meaning their points got deducted this season.

Can anyone confirm that they will definately be starting with -10 next season?

No penalty next season. The authorities still haven`t got this right have they ? Get 10 points clear of relegation and then go into administration. Thats not right.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jim Gannon and other non playing staff have probably declared as surplus to requirements by the administrators. Basically they have been sacked but let go on redundancy terms instead of getting no compensation , which means they can still advertise the post for a manager and recruit someone. I took voluntary redundancy from BT as two thirds of the call centres were being closed in the UK , only for BT to announce 500 jobs were being created in India to replace a shortfall.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
As much I'm happy with Slade signing the two year deal. Why am I still feeling we missed a beat with Gannon, ok I wasn't expected him to be made redundant but if Slade didn't keep us up does anyone think Gannon would of come here if we were in League Two?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As much I'm happy with Slade signing the two year deal. Why am I still feeling we missed a beat with Gannon, ok I wasn't expected him to be made redundant but if Slade didn't keep us up does anyone think Gannon would of come here if we were in League Two?
The Board made a popular decision on a wave of positivity. Perhaps if the decision to offer Slade a permanent job after he came back from a weeks holiday was still in the air then Gannon may have thrown a spanner in the works.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The Board made a popular decision on a wave of positivity. Perhaps if the decision to offer Slade a permanent job after he came back from a weeks holiday was still in the air then Gannon may have thrown a spanner in the works.

Yeah I absolutely agree. Why haven't the other adminstators from clubs such as Darlington, Southampton why haven't they made any of them redundant?!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Waste of a good manager. Anyway movin on......... Russel, Russel, give us a wave..:)

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Perhaps his loyalty was what did for him; payback for lifting his skirts to us in such a flagrant manner?

Remember, the news that we'd come in for him came from the official Stockport website - not us

But that was the Chairman of Stockport not Jim Gannon.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
All this shite about Administration and points deductions and whatnot is just bollocks. Soon, there will be no relegation, as the bottom three places in each division will be occupied by teams starting off on minus 10 and minus 15 points every season. Insane...

no kidding. and the latest pearl of wisdom from mawhinneys puppet... well you all voted in support of it and my ego is too big now to back down and admit we screwed up with the points thing. freaking c unt. the man has no business running anything, let alone a professional football league, wouldn't trust him with a tap.

and the backing down needn't be back slapping and cock sucking and oh never mind here, forget you ran your club to the ground carry on regardless, no point loss etc. he should have had the balls at the first to stand up and do the right thing instead of taking one up the arse from those who could screw him over and letting those that couldn't feel like they had a victory when in reality they were turkeys lined up before the oven at christmas.

right from leicester, then us, through to whoever will be next - a slew of yorkshire clubs, the five who hung in there with us are all in a spot of bother with the tax man to varying degrees. won't be long before all 3/4/5 are in the same league, lob in the likes of southampton, stockport, add hmrc into the mix and top it all off with a nice dose of mawhinney and his ridiculous drivel and aside from the bottom four we'll all be safe before october is out. but right from the start -the rules should have been there. it is only testament to mawhinney the c unt ego that it never crossed his mind that someone - and had it not been bates first, it would have been someone else, don't kid yourself on that you senile old twat, - would get relegated/stay up and then go into admin, wipe the slate clean, take the 10 point hit with no material effect and hey ho, lets go. scratched his back the wrong way and now the whole fl has to fester in his scabs because mawhinney the c unt is too blind to open his eyes and look outside the box. the ruling should have been there, it wasn't. it should have been implemented there and then. not some half arsed, everyone is a winner thing. won't be long and we'll be picking points deduction from a lottery lucky balls machine 1-49, no rhyme, rhythm or reason.

mawhinney is a c unt. :whisky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here