Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Gannon made redundant !

Stochport's new owners, if they get one, might employ Gannon. Just because he turned Brighton down does not make him a bad person or bad manager. He had the decency to come down to talk to Dick Knight and gave him a quick reply. He could have jumped ship but chose to stay at the club he played for and stayed loyal to them. Loyalty is a quality that some on NSC seem to lack and those people should be ashamed of themselves. Good luck to the man. I doubt that he will stay unemployed for long.

Ditto that.

Some on here seem to delight in every simple adversity when it happens to someone else - AND EVEN to us!
Moaning and whingeing at our own players, telling them they should eff off out of The Albion when they live and breathe BHAFC (and are improving before our very eyes - and I mean the likes of Fraser and def. not the likes of Lynch), and celebrating the redundancy of a decent manager we were courting!
Yes he was unwilling to even come and be interviewed for us, he was wise to decline the job at the time - Slade was just in a better position professionally to have a stab at it.

If Gannon had accepted the opening at BHA he might have been the fellow to keep us up, or take us down and still keep the job - and have the South Stand hailing his name on high. "Jim Gannon's blue and white army" etc...... but no, he's a "wanker" and a "c***" because he stuck by his team and felt a personal attachment to a club who were in trouble.
IF he had left Stockport they probably would have finished with less points - so with the deduction would have gone to Division 2.

Salute Jim Gannon - one of the proper club managers in the league, not out for himself and him alone :bowdown:

Gannon was on a roling 12 month contract.

He also fell out BIG time with the person who caused all this, the ex managing director, and yesterday Gannon publicly stated that he expected this ex-md to come back in and that he, Jim, would not be returning to the club in those circumstances.

Jim is gone, and as he already has all his EUFA qualifications then a move up to a much higher level is a distinct possibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ditto that.

Some on here seem to delight in every simple adversity when it happens to someone else - AND EVEN to us!
Moaning and whingeing at our own players, telling them they should eff off out of The Albion when they live and breathe BHAFC (and are improving before our very eyes - and I mean the likes of Fraser and def. not the likes of Lynch), and celebrating the redundancy of a decent manager we were courting!
Yes he was unwilling to even come and be interviewed for us, he was wise to decline the job at the time - Slade was just in a better position professionally to have a stab at it.

If Gannon had accepted the opening at BHA he might have been the fellow to keep us up, or take us down and still keep the job - and have the South Stand hailing his name on high. "Jim Gannon's blue and white army" etc...... but no, he's a "wanker" and a "c***" because he stuck by his team and felt a personal attachment to a club who were in trouble.
IF he had left Stockport they probably would have finished with less points - so with the deduction would have gone to Division 2.

Salute Jim Gannon - one of the proper club managers in the league, not out for himself and him alone :bowdown:

What he said.

No penalty next season. The authorities still haven`t got this right have they ? Get 10 points clear of relegation and then go into administration. Thats not right.

How do you know that was Stockport's plan? I got the impression that Stockport had a plan to save the club but that the administration was forced upon them by another party.

How do you know that was Stockport's plan? I got the impression that Stockport had a plan to save the club but that the administration was forced upon them by another party.

Correct. It was forced on county by a venture capital outfit called david farms who also have ties to a group called construct Stadia Stadia International | Welcome
who are hoping that they and the former managing diorector will be the ones to bring county out of admin and get to build the new stadium.

We are trying to stop them somehow, anyhow quite frankly. So far i know of 2 complaints to the police about their actions and currently people are contacting companies house and the DTi for fraudulent trading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here