Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim D - NSC

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Err........just for the record, NSC did have a hand in getting McGhee the sack. How big a hand is another matter.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Driving back from the P & R with a fellow OAP must admit we both said a rude word or two word when Jim D said that NSC users do not go to games.

Then he and Harty dismissed NSC as not being representative of Brighton Supporters. Not sure how they know that but if that's the case why does Harty come on here and seek our opinion as with Charlie's suggested Testimonial or urge us to phone in?

NSC has a very broad range of opinion which can be entertaining, funny, informative, educational, boring, crude, rude, and awful. My guess is that it is more representative of supporters than Harty's phone in.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Driving back from the P & R with a fellow OAP must admit we both said a rude word or two word when Jim D said that NSC users do not go to games.

Then he and Harty dismissed NSC as not being representative of Brighton Supporters. Not sure how they know that but if that's the case why does Harty come on here and seek our opinion as with Charlie's suggested Testimonial or urge us to phone in?

NSC has a very broad range of opinion which can be entertaining, funny, informative, educational, boring, crude, rude, and awful. My guess is that it is more representative of supporters than Harty's phone in.
:bowdown: exactly what I was thinking

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
At least some of us take the trouble to make our posts readable. The occasional use of punctuation, and the odd correctly spelt word, helps no end in getting your message across.

Sorry sir is that 6 of the best or another detention:ohmy:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If you're talking about the bit where "a guy with a beard" was mentioned, I think it's only fair to point out that there was no criticism from JIM about the guy with the beard.

It was HARTY who claimed that the guy with the beard was advocating a change of manager last week, but "if Dean Wilkins invited him in for a drink this week, he'd be in there, wouldn't he? ... having a drink".

I don't know who this guy with a beard is, but it sounds to me like Harty thinks he's a right old hypocrite, if that's how his opinions chop and change.

If a BBC radio presenter accused ME of hypocrisy, I might be a tad miffed, particularly if there was no basis at all for such an accusation. But hey! That's Harty for you.

of course anybody who has campaigned long and hard for an individual to lose their job should at no time either now or in the future share a drink or indeed any hospitality with them.

btw and totally unconnected, when is the next time that Barry Lloyd is due to co commentate on an albion game?

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Err........just for the record, NSC did have a hand in getting McGhee the sack. How big a hand is another matter.

Surely that is incredibly naive, as bhaexpress says, nsc represents a very small % of Albion fans, and who in their right mind would take any notice of what is said on here, and if they did then surely we wouldn't be half way down league 1, would we?

of course anybody who has campaigned long and hard for an individual to lose their job should at no time either now or in the future share a drink or indeed any hospitality with them.

btw and totally unconnected, when is the next time that Barry Lloyd is due to co commentate on an albion game?
Barry Lloyd is a nice bloke. I once had a drink with him.

I've never even spoken with the current manager.

:(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

what you getting at? that is a bit criptic even for you mate!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Hang on!!! So it was the fans that got MM sacked then, not pressure put on DK by other sources?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
what you getting at? that is a bit criptic even for you mate!

Probably completely wrong, but there was a lot of people thought Barry lloyd should have gone, long before he was fired. Harty frequently has Barry lloyd on his show.....and travels with him to away matches with him in these events.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Mr.McGhee got Mr. McGhee sacked.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Probably completely wrong, but there was a lot of people thought Barry lloyd should have gone, long before he was fired. Harty frequently has Barry lloyd on his show.....and travels with him to away matches with him in these events.

indeed there were - Gulls eye (who were the 'voice of the fans' then in the same way NSC is now) were very vocal in their view he should be fired.

Now there is nothing wrong in burying the hatchet and acting on a personal level with people - but there is something very wrong in casting aspersions on others that are unfounded.

there are people I work with, who work for me, or who my company and companies I am a customer for, who I believe should be fired. But if they ask me to a meeting and we have a drink I do so on that level. Doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis

Well said!

Although driving back from the P & R myself, I was absolutely STUNNED to hear someone employed by the BBC question my partner's integrity. A questioning that came quite out of the blue and out of any context! Having saved yesterday's phone-in to listen to this part of the programme again, John Byrne had actually posed an interesting point about young players using NSC. Which is why it was all the more surprising to hear Ian Hart's next remarks.

Clearly I must have missed some vital amendment to the BBC charter and codes of conduct since I hadn't realised that their presenters had been given carte blanche to make libellous comments.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
i'd like it to be noted that I once did have a drink with Dean Wilkins but it was over 17 years ago.

I have sometimes been confused by his tactics.

Am I a hypocrite?

Well said!

Although driving back from the P & R myself, I was absolutely STUNNED to hear someone employed by the BBC question my partner's integrity. A questioning that came quite out of the blue and out of any context! Having saved yesterday's phone-in to listen to this part of the programme again, John Byrne had actually posed an interesting point about young players using NSC. Which is why it was all the more surprising to hear Ian Hart's next remarks.

Clearly I must have missed some vital amendment to the BBC charter and codes of conduct since I hadn't realised that their presenters had been given carte blanche to make libellous comments.

Huh? What was said there, roz?

Was it something about him playing Gandalf in the sequel to LOTR?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here