Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I wouldn’t worry too much about Brian Owens tweet.

We all know as a club we like to do business very quietly and discreetly. When Brian comes sniffing around they’re hardly going to say “oh yes, we have a number of targets we’re looking at” or “we’re really trying hard to sign a striker” are they?

Despite what is said every year, historically we do a lot of business in January, so I expect some activity. My only concern would be are recruitment getting the balance right between NOW / future / Moneyball investments.

If the clubs only business is Romero (a GK) and another 3 CB’s there will be some serious question IMO, if they’re really doing what they can to help GP whose job is on the line.

Agreed, also not very busy can also translate into not signing 6-7 players but 1 or 2 high quality ones.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
I'm not an authority by any means but someone quick and instinctive like Luis Muriel or Kevin Volland. They're both out of our league realistically but it's that type of player we should be looking for.

And there lies the problem. Your 2 examples are out of our league. The pool we are shopping in has players like Maupay, Andonne, Ulloa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Watching United v Villa reinforces how annoying it was that Villa fluked their way to safety last season.

If they hadn’t, I honestly think we would have signed Watkins but we stood no chance against Villa with the money they have and blew everyone out of the water with plus his relationship with Smith. Real shame as he is ideally what we need.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We very possibly need to sell before we can buy. Other than the standout players, moving our squad players on is for decent fees is not going to be easy at all. Ryan and maybe Propper are the only two I can see commanding significant fees at all. I do fear we will be faced with a tough decision should a big offer come in for one of the better players

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We very possibly need to sell before we can buy. Other than the standout players, moving our squad players on is for decent fees is not going to be easy at all. Ryan and maybe Propper are the only two I can see commanding significant fees at all. I do fear we will be faced with a tough decision should a big offer come in for one of the better players
Maybe the time has come to take 50 mill on one star player and then recycle funds back into other key areas....not done it before but squad certainly needs to be better balanced.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Maybe the time has come to take 50 mill on one star player and then recycle funds back into other key areas....not done it before but squad certainly needs to be better balanced.

We should make sure we have the signings lined up before doing so of course.

No benefit selling a Bissouma now, with our PL survival on the line, only to see the next array of moneyball Center backs being signed and immediately loaned out to Scandinavia.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Argus today basically saying need to reduce squad. Same old same old re new signings....if right player comes along
At t right price... however key point being QUALITY over QUANTITY. Think if 4-5 go and 1 or two new players come in ( excluding Moder and Tau) that would be a start

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He’s on £100k a week. Not gonna happen. What other rabbits you got in that hat of yours. [emoji2357][emoji2357]

Well we could obviously just waste another £15m plus on a pile of shite unproven foreign import on lower wages again. Gone so well so far...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That works out at £2,200 per STH plus wages of say £100k a week adds another £500 per STH per season.

How many will be willing to pay that?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But nothing is guaranteed is it ? My point still stands, if Bloom isn’t willing to take that risk, how are we as fans in a place to criticise ?

I am not criticising, I am saying he will invest

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Let’s not talk about ifs buts & maybes. Who is better than what we have & realistic.

This always makes me laugh. We are not paid to say who. The failing recruitment army are.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This always makes me laugh. We are not paid to say who. The failing recruitment army are.

And he's off. Choose a striker, any striker

s-l400.jpg

:lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That works out at £2,200 per STH plus wages of say £100k a week adds another £500 per STH per season.

Strange question. The poster was probably correctly saying we should sell to enable us to invest! You then seem to be suggesting that STH’s should fund acquisitions. Why? You mean the STH’s that are paying to see zero games in lockdown!?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And he's off. Choose a striker, any striker

View attachment 131976

:lolol:

So you don’t accept my points that the Recruitment team should do what they have repeatedly failed to do? And that random NSC posters should not be challenged to do their job for them?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Cash in to reinvest I believe the post was about.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
So you don’t accept my points that the Recruitment team should do what they have repeatedly failed to do? And that random NSC posters should not be challenged to do their job for them?

We are about to announce the biggest loss in our history. The recruitment team will be one of the most affected departments.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
After several years of disappointment I’m expecting ...disappointments

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here