Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Genuinely - why do we care ? Financially we don’t really lose out - in fact we get more games for our money.

It’s Tony Bloom that takes the hit financially, so if we do go down because he doesn’t want to spend £30M & £75k a week gamble ... then so be if ?

It costs our club a minimum £100 million. Playing in an inferior league. Losing your best players. And so on. FFS are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m sorry but that’s simply not true. “Almost every other club” doesn’t have a grade A striker.

Sheff Utd - No

W Brom - No

Fulham - No. Don’t suggest Mitro is grade A. He won’t get more than Maupay this season.

Burnley - No

Palace - No. They do have Zaha who keeps them up most years.

Newcastle - No. Wilson has only got over 10 PL goals in a season once.

Leeds - No

West Ham - No

That’s getting on for half the teams in the league. My main point being is it’s not as simple as saying go buy a forward.

We should have gone for Wilson. He will keep a sh1t Newcastle team up. I won’t say I told you so, but I did, and I did! But, of course, the NSC mafia couldn’t see it as usual.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well said. We can see goals & win games. I’m sure even that won’t satisfy some on here.

Moronic

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It costs our club a minimum £100 million. Playing in an inferior league. Losing your best players. And so on. FFS are you serious?

But nothing is guaranteed is it ? My point still stands, if Bloom isn’t willing to take that risk, how are we as fans in a place to criticise ?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
But nothing is guaranteed is it ? My point still stands, if Bloom isn’t willing to take that risk, how are we as fans in a place to criticise ?

obviously it's his choice given he owns the club but I think fans would be entitled to voice their unhappiness with relegation as opposed to just going 'oh well', wouldn't they?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
obviously it's his choice given he owns the club but I think fans would be entitled to voice their unhappiness with relegation as opposed to just going 'oh well', wouldn't they?

Of course ... but my point is, it’s easy to just say to the owner throw another £40M at it Tony when it’s not your money [emoji2375]

If he loses that gamble by not investing, it’s him they is worst hit

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m sorry but that’s simply not true. “Almost every other club” doesn’t have a grade A striker.

Sheff Utd - No

W Brom - No

Fulham - No. Don’t suggest Mitro is grade A. He won’t get more than Maupay this season.

Burnley - No

Leeds - No

West Ham - No

That’s getting on for half the teams in the league. My main point being is it’s not as simple as saying go buy a forward.

Leeds have Bamford who is smashing them in.

Wilson has scored goals to keep Bmuff up till last year and if Newcastle stay up his goals will play a massive part

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Wilson has scored goals to keep Bmuff up till last year and if Newcastle stay up his goals will play a massive part

Apart from one season, Maupay out scores Wilson at Bournemouth easily

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Put Brewster in that side and he would score goals as well.

Maupay isn’t a great finisher given the chances he has missed.

I disagree , his championship goals and last season tells me a good striker is in there. Stats tell us better than Wilson anyhow. Whatever happened leading up to the Spurs game has certainly knocked his confidence

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The fact there is a significant debate about whether we should bring back a 37 year old striker who can’t get a game for Watford and hasn’t scored for us in over a year says it all really.

And the fact that it’s a valid discussion makes it even worse.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sad but true!!

Just need to fire up the DeLorean

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I disagree , his championship goals and last season tells me a good striker is in there. Stats tell us better than Wilson anyhow. Whatever happened leading up to the Spurs game has certainly knocked his confidence

Wilson got 14 goals in the PL 2 seasons ago and 8 in an injury hit season last.

Maupay got 10 last year - I think he has other very good attributes, but he does seem to miss a lot of chances when I watch - and creating isn’t the issue for Brighton - I take your view over mine as you watch him more!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Of course ... but my point is, it’s easy to just say to the owner throw another £40M at it Tony when it’s not your money [emoji2375]

If he loses that gamble by not investing, it’s him they is worst hit

Yeah but that's just what fans do, isn't it? I'm sure TB doesn't pay heed to any of it, but quite a lot of people are rather invested in the club staying in the premier league, and are therefore going to suggest things that they think would keep us there, even though it's not their money.

If you don't mind the championship then it's probably less of an issue, but none of us know where TB falls in that dichotomy. As much as he's the owner, chairman and bankroller-in-chief, who may have calculated that not signing anyone is a gamble worth taking (which we don't know that he has) he's still at the end of the day also a fan, like you or me.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldn’t worry too much about Brian Owens tweet.

We all know as a club we like to do business very quietly and discreetly. When Brian comes sniffing around they’re hardly going to say “oh yes, we have a number of targets we’re looking at” or “we’re really trying hard to sign a striker” are they?

Despite what is said every year, historically we do a lot of business in January, so I expect some activity. My only concern would be are recruitment getting the balance right between NOW / future / Moneyball investments.

If the clubs only business is Romero (a GK) and another 3 CB’s there will be some serious question IMO, if they’re really doing what they can to help GP whose job is on the line.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019

Sheff Utd - No

W Brom - No

Burnley - No

Leeds - No

West Ham - No

Some of your conclusions there are wrong and you missed my main point. Our forward line is insufficient for the style of attacking football we are playing
Bamford has double figures already this season, unfortunately Zaha is a top goal scorer by anyone's standards, West Ham have Haller who will start scoring, Callum Wilson has 8 goals this season in a mediocre Newcastle team. That leaves Burnley, Sheff United, West Brom and Fulham. Guess what? 3 of them play a style of football based on rigorous defending.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some of your conclusions there are wrong and you missed my main point. Our forward line is insufficient for the style of attacking football we are playing
Bamford has double figures already this season, unfortunately Zaha is a top goal scorer by anyone's standards, West Ham have Haller who will start scoring, Callum Wilson has 8 goals this season in a mediocre Newcastle team. That leaves Burnley, Sheff United, West Brom and Fulham. Guess what? 3 of them play a style of football based on rigorous defending.

I don't disagree but what attacker in your mind would fit our system?
What do they have to have that ours are missing?

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
We should have gone for Wilson. He will keep a sh1t Newcastle team up. I won’t say I told you so, but I did, and I did! But, of course, the NSC mafia couldn’t see it as usual.

He’s on £100k a week. Not gonna happen. What other rabbits you got in that hat of yours. [emoji2357][emoji2357]

super ads

Jul 14, 2009

If we had signed Bamford there would of been uproar on here.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Put Brewster in that side and he would score goals as well.

Maupay isn’t a great finisher given the chances he has missed.

Let’s not talk about ifs buts & maybes. Who is better than what we have & realistic.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I don't disagree but what attacker in your mind would fit our system?
What do they have to have that ours are missing?

I'm not an authority by any means but someone quick and instinctive like Luis Muriel or Kevin Volland. They're both out of our league realistically but it's that type of player we should be looking for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here