Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter has confirmed that 28 is too many for the squad and wants to cut it. With Moder and Tau coming in plus our mystery natural finisher super striker (probably just Murray) that’s 33. I think up to 9 could go out in Jan. Here’s how:

Ryan - Sold
Bernardo - Loan to buy
Pröpper - Sold
Sanders- loan
Molumby - loan
Ali Mac Allister - loan
Zeqiri - loan
Connolly - loan
Ali J - loan to buy

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Potter has confirmed that 28 is too many for the squad and wants to cut it. With Moder and Tau coming in plus our mystery natural finisher super striker (probably just Murray) that’s 33. I think up to 9 could go out in Jan. Here’s how:

Ryan - Sold
Bernardo - Loan to buy
Pröpper - Sold
Sanders- loan
Molumby - loan
Ali Mac Allister - loan
Zeqiri - loan
Connolly - loan
Ali J - loan to buy

I reckon Leeds need White far more than we do and will make us an acceptable offer in this window. BHA social will go into meltdown until the money is used to sign Julio Flairio who goes on to score 10 goals in the second half of the season and gets Maupay’s mojo going again.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Ryan - Sold
Bernardo - Loan to buy
Pröpper - Sold
Sanders- loan
Molumby - loan
Ali Mac Allister - loan
Zeqiri - loan
Connolly - loan
Ali J - loan to buy

We haven’t got Tau yet!

I’ll believe that when I see it. Seems like there’s still red tape with that one, and lord knows what extra hoops are required to jump through with the covid situation.

We need him though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's right, squad is way, way, way, way, way, way, way too big. Just get rid of the dead-wood, all of it. And get some quality in. Not necessarily all this window, but make a start, please.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ryan - Sold
Bernardo - Loan to buy
Pröpper - Sold
Sanders- loan
Molumby - loan
Ali Mac Allister - loan
Zeqiri - loan
Connolly - loan
Ali J - loan to buy

And there I was thinking that 28 + 3 = 31.
Here's hoping you're right on all the predicted outgoings, and wrong on the probable incoming striker.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And there I was thinking that 28 + 3 = 31.
Here's hoping you're right on all the predicted outgoings, and wrong on the probable incoming striker.

I don’t know what went wrong with my Maths last night.....oops!

Controversially, I’d like to see Murray back in the squad. He is getting nothing at Watford. What he would give us is half a dozen or so substitute appearances where we are trying to crack a defensive team open. If he’d been brought on against Sheff Utd in the second half, we’d have won that match with his natural finishing, end of.

Of course, I still desire an Edouard, Dia, Yarumchuk or Milik major signing to help us score our way out of troubles.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I reckon Leeds need White far more than we do and will make us an acceptable offer in this window. BHA social will go into meltdown until the money is used to sign Julio Flairio who goes on to score 10 goals in the second half of the season and gets Maupay’s mojo going again.

I would like this to come true please mum.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He's right, squad is way, way, way, way, way, way, way too big. Just get rid of the dead-wood, all of it. And get some quality in. Not necessarily all this window, but make a start, please.

Exactly how I feel about the situation we need quality over quantity put the money into the starting 11.

Including Locadia we have six strikers on our books but only play 1-2 ever on the pitch at the same time. Get rid of the fringe and invest in a quality striker.

Ditto in midfield

A smaller higher quality squad supplemented from our academy has got to be the answer for a club our size

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Josh King or a real CF. King offers serious pace and has done it in the PL. A CF would give us a focal point and maybe more of a threat from crosses. Edouard might be available as Celtic need to shake things up and he seems no nearer to signing a new contract, shame Duffy is having so many problems up there he could've been the makeweight that tempted them. Failing that there should be some bargains available in France and elsewhere with COVID biting.

Sales will be more difficult but ideally Ryan,Bernardo,Propper, AJ sold and loans for Connolly, Saunders, Molumby and Zeqiri I doubt we will achieve all of those sales in particular but to my mind it essential we get the striker in regardless of the short term financial pain in doing so. FWIW I very much doubt we'll have 8 out and 1 in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Including Locadia we have six strikers on our books but only play 1-2 ever on the pitch at the same time. Get rid of the fringe and invest in a quality striker

Sadly, we have more than just six, most not good enough for our first team squad.

Roughly in age order:

Connolly
Zeqiri
Mlakar
Gyökeres
Maupay
Andone
Locadia
Tau
Welbeck
Murray

You’d hope the answer to our goal scoring problems is from the list above but I doubt it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Controversially, I’d like to see Murray back in the squad. He is getting nothing at Watford. What he would give us is half a dozen or so substitute appearances where we are trying to crack a defensive team open. If he’d been brought on against Sheff Utd in the second half, we’d have won that match with his natural finishing, end of.

Of course, I still desire an Edouard, Dia, Yarumchuk or Milik major signing to help us score our way out of troubles.

There's a certain cultural pursuit we indulge in on NYE that might have interfered with your maths.
As to Murray, my first thought is that you're still imbibing :wink: but I think you're right about him being useful against Sheff Utd. That said, I can't see too many other games where he'd be of use, and I don't think he's been up to much since about the end of 2018. That's hardly surprising given his age though. Wonderful servant, excellent goalscorer.
I think we need to get rid of many players as you indicated, and sign a quality striker and early in the window too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There's a certain cultural pursuit we indulge in on NYE that might have interfered with your maths.
As to Murray, my first thought is that you're still imbibing :wink: but I think you're right about him being useful against Sheff Utd. That said, I can't see too many other games where he'd be of use, and I don't think he's been up to much since about the end of 2018. That's hardly surprising given his age though. Wonderful servant, excellent goalscorer.
I think we need to get rid of many players as you indicated, and sign a quality striker and early in the window too.

You’re right about the booze!

I do think having Murray in and around the dressing room would be very beneficial though, his finishing prowess might run off on someone!

I understand that he’d only be effective under quite specific circumstances but I would like him on the bench for:

Fulham (H)
Burnley (A)
Palace (H)
West Brom (A)
Newcastle (H)
Sheff Utd (A)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If the club announced we were signing the 3rd most accurate striker in the Premier League, I think we would all be well happy, that is what Glenn Murray was in the 2018/19 season.

https://www.90min.com/posts/could-shock-glenn-murray-return-fire-brighton-premier-league-safety

If we are going to build the attack as slowly as we did against Arsenal, I can't see a reason Murray could not fit in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You’re right about the booze!

I do think having Murray in and around the dressing room would be very beneficial though, his finishing prowess might run off on someone!

I understand that he’d only be effective under quite specific circumstances but I would like him on the bench for:

Fulham (H)
Burnley (A)
Palace (H)
West Brom (A)
Newcastle (H)
Sheff Utd (A)

All good points. Does this mean the booze is cracking in, or now wearing off?

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Josh King or a real CF. King offers serious pace and has done it in the PL. A CF would give us a focal point and maybe more of a threat from crosses. Edouard might be available as Celtic need to shake things up and he seems no nearer to signing a new contract, shame Duffy is having so many problems up there he could've been the makeweight that tempted them. Failing that there should be some bargains available in France and elsewhere with COVID biting.

Sales will be more difficult but ideally Ryan,Bernardo,Propper, AJ sold and loans for Connolly, Saunders, Molumby and Zeqiri I doubt we will achieve all of those sales in particular but to my mind it essential we get the striker in regardless of the short term financial pain in doing so. FWIW I very much doubt we'll have 8 out and 1 in.

Josh kings record in the PL is no better than Welbeck or Maupay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

All of this, but l almost guarantee that we won't sign that experienced, quality, goalscrorer that we all know that we need. That just seems to be Tony Bloom's way, and if we sign one at all, doubtless he will probably be a youngster, and either from the lower divisions, or from overseas.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
brian owen in Argus saying club do not expect to be busy with incomings.

make of that what you will.

Nail biting on the last day of the season it is then

I guess the best we can hope for is 4 or more going on loan or loan to buy, maybe a few sales and we can afford to get a striker in on loan until the end of the season

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If the club announced we were signing the 3rd most accurate striker in the Premier League, I think we would all be well happy, that is what Glenn Murray was in the 2018/19 season.

https://www.90min.com/posts/could-shock-glenn-murray-return-fire-brighton-premier-league-safety

If we are going to build the attack as slowly as we did against Arsenal, I can't see a reason Murray could not fit in.

Graham Potter does not rate Glenn Murray, end of. Once a manager has formed that opinion he very rarely changes his mind.

Glenn's days at the Albion are over, sad though that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here