Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are about to announce the biggest loss in our history. The recruitment team will be one of the most affected departments.

Heads should roll in that team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Heads should roll in that team

I don't think its a coincidence that for the first time in many years last summer we only spent what we bought in. I don't think we will buy anyone new in January. So it is about getting the best out of what we have.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't think its a coincidence that for the first time in many years last summer we only spent what we bought in. I don't think we will buy anyone new in January. So it is about getting the best out of what we have.

I really hope you are wrong. We shall see.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I hope I am wrong about Graham Potter. He needs to start turning draws into wins.

Agreed. But he needs at least one striker who has the required ability at this level...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would adding Moder, Tau, & a fit Andone & Izquierdo to the squad represent the improvement we need? For me in addition to those guys we should be going after a left back who can play in a back 4, & loan in a target man striker. Balance out that expenditure with selling/loaning Bernardo, Ryan, Zeqiri, Connolly, Molumby, AJ.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I can see Ajax making a double swoop for propper and jahanbksh Bernardo back to Germany sanders Connolly maybe molumby out on loan Ryan’s definitely off too that’ll drop the squad by 7 tau moder in will be 23 man squad new lb and target man in quality over quantity

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Strange question. The poster was probably correctly saying we should sell to enable us to invest! You then seem to be suggesting that STH’s should fund acquisitions. Why? You mean the STH’s that are paying to see zero games in lockdown!?

But we all seem very keen to see someone else spending the money! Maybe Tony has already pumped in all he wants to (in fact, the whole strategy is to become self-sustaining, which is a nightmare at the moment with all the covid-related losses....TB will already have invested a lot more than he was planning to over the past 12 months). Constantly demanding that we go out and buy £25m strikers is not very helpful!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
But we all seem very keen to see someone else spending the money! Maybe Tony has already pumped in all he wants to (in fact, the whole strategy is to become self-sustaining, which is a nightmare at the moment with all the covid-related losses....TB will already have invested a lot more than he was planning to over the past 12 months). Constantly demanding that we go out and buy £25m strikers is not very helpful!

the begging bowl has got a lot bigger than that; that £40M joelinton is shitehouse, have you seen him?

Controversially, I’d like to see Murray back in the squad. He is getting nothing at Watford. What he would give us is half a dozen or so substitute appearances where we are trying to crack a defensive team open. If he’d been brought on against Sheff Utd in the second half, we’d have won that match with his natural finishing, end of.

Not contraversial. In fact with nine subs now he would be a no risk sub

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Agreed. But he needs at least one striker who has the required ability at this level...

I think Maupay and Welbeck has the ability at this level. Maupay is on target to equal last seasons tally and Welbeck needs a string af games. I think I read that after the restart last season he was Watfords best player.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think Maupay and Welbeck has the ability at this level. Maupay is on target to equal last seasons tally and Welbeck needs a string af games. I think I read that after the restart last season he was Watfords best player.

Fair points. Maupay needs to get 10 at least again. Will he? Will Welbeck stay fit? I am not sure [emoji848]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We also need goals from the rest of the team. Te debate about the quality of our strikers will go on and on and on and on but we could do with a few more from the others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be shocked if we sign anyone but an under 23 as a striker. I now accept it and don’t have any expectations at all. So much less stressful.

“Happy with what we’ve got” should replace “Together” imo

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fair points. Maupay needs to get 10 at least again. Will he? Will Welbeck stay fit? I am not sure [emoji848]

I think Maupay will get 10+. Not sure if Welbeck will stay fit enough for a run in the team. Lets hope they got the Zequri signing right. I don't think anyone knows what sort of impact he can make.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Maupay will get 10+. Not sure if Welbeck will stay fit enough for a run in the team. Lets hope they got the Zequri signing right. I don't think anyone knows what sort of impact he can make.

Need to play him before we can make any observations.

Happy with Welbeck, Lallana seems to have been a gamble that has not worked and Lamptey is heading towards sicknote status.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Need to play him before we can make any observations.

Happy with Welbeck, Lallana seems to have been a gamble that has not worked and Lamptey is heading towards sicknote status.

Exactly. Perhaps a run out today ( if fatigue really is an issue), and a game against Newport might be a good start.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. Perhaps a run out today ( if fatigue really is an issue), and a game against Newport might be a good start.

Trying to second guess a Potter team selection is as hard as picking winning lottery numbers :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here