Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade is so hot

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brighton_b0y said:
can hardly class rape and racism as similar. Rape is rape, racism can have different levels. Although there racism may not be that extreme, all the same it IS racism.
What about if the rapist only rapes whites ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Taken from BBC "Have your say"

"As someone from an asian background, i feel this has been completely blown out of proportion. I do agree that the house mates involved should not have made these comments but this is not racism but blatant ignorance and lack of education. Shilpa shetty is a strong, pretty and educated woman and can be seen as a threat to some women such as Jade who is really a nobody. This situation is just a clash of personalities where women are looking for attention at the expense of hurting feelings."

Lots of other comments along the same lines. Clearly I'm the ONLY one who holds this view.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
To assume someones hands might be dirty has nothing to do with the colour of their skin! If someone says something you don't like then walks away it is very common to turn to the person next to you and immitate what they just said in a mocking tone. Again no matter what the colour of that person's skin is.

I think as DKM said, this is not a clear cut case. If it was BB would have acted and that would be that. the problem is it not. Hence the debate.
Utter, utter rubbish. And you're defending the completely indefensible, for some very strange reason. And I don't think you have a clue about what BB would do or not - by the sounds of things, they could lynch the girl wearing white hoods and some people say there was nothing to prove it was racially-motivated. And over 10,000 people and rising disagree with you sufficiently strongly to complain about it - can't remember that happening before.

But no, of course. It's a total coincidence that she's Indian and she alone gets picked upon, her accent mocked, her hygiene and manners questioned. Get real, old chap.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
brighton_b0y said:
can hardly class rape and racism as similar. Rape is rape, racism can have different levels. Although there racism may not be that extreme, all the same it IS racism.

Why not? The effects of the accusation on a celebrity* are the same.

*Obviously using this term fairly loosely here.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
Utter, utter rubbish. And you're defending the completely indefensible, for some very strange reason. And I don't think you have a clue about what BB would do or not - by the sounds of things, they could lynch the girl wearing white hoods and some people say there was nothing to prove it was racially-motivated. And over 10,000 people and rising disagree with you sufficiently strongly to complain about it - can't remember that happening before.

But no, of course. It's a total coincidence that she's Indian and she alone gets picked upon, her accent mocked, her hygiene and manners questioned. Get real, old chap.

*gets out shovel*

I'm not defending their actions. I think they are being very unfair to Shilpa. But not on the grounds of race.

As for the 10,000 complaints. Before it was publicised in the media they had 200 complaints. The rest are all jumping on the band wagon, probably in an effort to get BB shut down or something profound like that.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
*gets out shovel*

I'm not defending their actions. I think they are being very unfair to Shilpa. But not on the grounds of race.

As for the 10,000 complaints. Before it was publicised in the media they had 200 complaints. The rest are all jumping on the band wagon, probably in an effort to get BB shut down or something profound like that.
Of course they are. There's no such thing as racism, of course. Silly of me. I can't feel arrogant enough to dismiss 10,000 complaints out of hand - no other programme has ever received as many. Some "bandwagon" if people don't know what they're protesting about, as you're unfoundedly implying.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
As a Londoner of Asian descent I do not view the views of Jade,Dannielle,Jo or Jade's hang-on boyfriend racist as such.I just hold it as the views of people mentally challenged amongst other things who have othing better to do than cause trouble - I couldn't bear the company of Jade five minutes.
I do consider these four "trash" and indeed white trash as opposed to yellow,brown,black trash which also exists in this world these are people with no respect for others or morales.

Kajen, London

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
Of course they are. There's no such thing as racism, of course. Silly of me. I can't feel arrogant enough to dismiss 10,000 complaints out of hand - no other programme has ever received as many. Some "bandwagon" if people don't know what they're protesting about, as you're unfoundedly implying.

You are not going to agree with me.

I'm not going to agree with you.

Life goes on.

Lammy said:
I agree. However, if race isn't the reason for them not liking her then they are not racist. They are simple and therefore probably struggle to come up with more reasoned insults but they are commenting on fact.

Shilpa uses her hands in the cooking a lot. So What I say, so do I. Danielle obviously doesn't like this and has commented on it. Jo has immitated her accent but this was to mock her tone of voice which irritates her.

This, in my view does not make them a racist. Calling someone a racist is as bad as accusing someone of rape in my book. It is brandished about all too freely these days. Just because someone has bitched about someone making reference to her race in context with what they are bitching about does not make them a racist.

Whether they fit this or that definition of "racist" I find to be a boring semantic argument to be honest. I agree with you that they are a world away from BNP-haters, "send 'em home" merchants - and I have no doubt that all 3 of them have black and Asian friends, which no doubt you will see paraded in front of cameras very soon as their PR advisers fight a fairly hopeless battle to save their careers.

But they are still people who have been given a platform in the media and whose behaviour is being closely watched by a lot of young people.

Therefore I fnd your excuse-laden reaction to the things they have said, where they have clearly used racist ideas and comments as a short-hand to describe their dislike of an individual, not appropriate.

It has caused genuine widespread offence and for Asian viewers who have either themselves or know close family who have had very bad experiences being one of a few Asians in their school or community, I would imagine it would have brought up a lot of very bad memories.

The kind of "soft" racist attitudes these gang of 3 show are unacceptable. It's ignorance, it's stupidity, it's nasty and it's pathetic - it's just plain wrong.

For someone on here to offer a defence of them by lapsing into the usual "it's PC gone mad" routine, just misses the point completely.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lammy said:
That is TOTALLY different as well you know!
Course, I was just playing devils advocate.
If I raped anyone in that house, it would definately be Shilpa. But that doesn't mean I'm anti-white. I'd probably bash Daniella's back doors in later as well, given half a chance.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Lammy said:
As a Londoner of Asian descent I do not view the views of Jade,Dannielle,Jo or Jade's hang-on boyfriend racist as such.I just hold it as the views of people mentally challenged amongst other things who have othing better to do than cause trouble - I couldn't bear the company of Jade five minutes.
I do consider these four "trash" and indeed white trash as opposed to yellow,brown,black trash which also exists in this world these are people with no respect for others or morales.

Kajen, London
but jack DID call her a 'paki', that is racist. Come on i could see these thick idiots ganging up on Shilpa before it even started.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lammy said:
Taken from BBC "Have your say"

"As someone from an asian background, i feel this has been completely blown out of proportion. I do agree that the house mates involved should not have made these comments but this is not racism but blatant ignorance and lack of education. Shilpa shetty is a strong, pretty and educated woman and can be seen as a threat to some women such as Jade who is really a nobody. This situation is just a clash of personalities where women are looking for attention at the expense of hurting feelings."

Lots of other comments along the same lines. Clearly I'm the ONLY one who holds this view.

I think it is all about personal perception on this topic. I don't think being of an Asian background would make you better placed to judge on whether the terrible trio have been offensive or not.

They are treating Shilpa badly and as a 2nd class citizen. Why? Because, seemingly, they are jealous of her and they do not know how to coomunicate with someone that is far more intelligent and unknowing of them.

How is she treated? Her name is purposefully mispronounced because it does't sound like Gary or Jack or Jade or Bob or Danielle and she is referred to as 'the indian'.

"Does she eat with her fingers?" Implying that she is from some backward world that still lives in caves and hunts for their food. Ignorance of the highest order.

"I don't know where her hands have been." Implying that she is dirty as she comes from a less developed country.

They are not necessarily racist, afterall that S-Club bird used to sing in a band with a black chap. :jester: But there are definitely racist undercurrents and using her ethnicity to undermime her is definitely wrong.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Proof that Jo isn't racist (against blacks anyway).

sclub71.jpg

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Irish said:
Whether they fit this or that definition of "racist" I find to be a boring semantic argument to be honest. I agree with you that they are a world away from BNP-haters, "send 'em home" merchants - and I have no doubt that all 3 of them have black and Asian friends, which no doubt you will see paraded in front of cameras very soon as their PR advisers fight a fairly hopeless battle to save their careers.

But they are still people who have been given a platform in the media and whose behaviour is being closely watched by a lot of young people.

Therefore I fnd your excuse-laden reaction to the things they have said, where they have clearly used racist ideas and comments as a short-hand to describe their dislike of an individual, not appropriate.

It has caused genuine widespread offence and for Asian viewers who have either themselves or know close family who have had very bad experiences being one of a few Asians in their school or community, I would imagine it would have brought up a lot of very bad memories.

The kind of "soft" racist attitudes these gang of 3 show are unacceptable. It's ignorance, it's stupidity, it's nasty and it's pathetic - it's just plain wrong.

For someone on here to offer a defence of them by lapsing into the usual "it's PC gone mad" routine, just misses the point completely.

I thought this was a very good response right up until you accused me of brandishing the "it's PC gone mad" card.

Are they making an issue of her race?
yes.

Are they singling her out because of her race?
no.

Does this make them racist?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
brighton_b0y said:
but jack DID call her a 'paki', that is racist. Come on i could see these thick idiots ganging up on Shilpa before it even started.

If that is the case then fair enough. It's cut and dried. However, I have not seen a reasonable source indicate this actually happened.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Barrel of Fun said:
I think it is all about personal perception on this topic. I don't think being of an Asian background would make you better placed to judge on whether the terrible trio have been offensive or not.

They are treating Shilpa badly and as a 2nd class citizen. Why? Because, seemingly, they are jealous of her and they do not know how to coomunicate with someone that is far more intelligent and unknowing of them.

How is she treated? Her name is purposefully mispronounced because it does't sound like Gary or Jack or Jade or Bob or Danielle and she is referred to as 'the indian'.

"Does she eat with her fingers?" Implying that she is from some backward world that still lives in caves and hunts for their food. Ignorance of the highest order.

"I don't know where her hands have been." Implying that she is dirty as she comes from a less developed country.

They are not necessarily racist, afterall that S-Club bird used to sing in a band with a black chap. :jester: But there are definitely racist undercurrents and using her ethnicity to undermime her is definitely wrong.

That last paragraph hits the nail on the head.

-edit-

I'd also like to add that I think Jade's Mum is definitely a racist. But she is in a different class altogether.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here