Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade is so hot

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lammy said:
So why are they not picking on him?
Jermaine just keeps himself to himself in there, he doesn't get involved in any of the bickering about anything. That, and I think the rest of the housemates are a little more "in awe" of him and wouldn't dare get shitty with a genuine legend. He's JERMAINE JACKSON after all !
Fair play to the fella.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lammy said:

Because he's not made himself and easy target and has a bit more sense than to talk to the likes of those three dumb slags.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Easy 10 said:
Jermaine just keeps himself to himself in there, he doesn't get involved in any of the bickering about anything. That, and I think the rest of the housemates are a little more "in awe" of him and wouldn't dare get shitty with a genuine legend. He's JERMAINE JACKSON after all !
Fair play to the fella.

I actually think the first person to make an issue of race was Jermaine. Right at the start he said to Shilpa that he was glad when she walked in as there was another person in there with Colour.

That to me really is making an issue of race before he even knew anyone. He was already thinking in terms of black and white from the off.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
I actually think the first person to make an issue of race was Jermaine. Right at the start he said to Shilpa that he was glad when she walked in as there was another person in there with Colour.

That to me really is making an issue of race before he even knew anyone. He was already thinking in terms of black and white from the off.
So this kerfuffle is all the fault of the people of colour, not the people that make fun of how an Indian woman speaks, or speculate openly whether they use cutlery in India?

Ah, ok. Righty ho.

Lammy said:
Because we agreed earlier that racism was not their primary motivation, remember? It is resentment based on her manner, her "airs" and almost certainly her looks. They have used racist ignorance to make jibes at here, but it's apparant that it's not the colour of their skin that is primarily upsetting them.

In Jackson's case, he is a fairly quiet, inoffensive character who just sits in the corner and doesn't say a lot, so he has not aggravated this malignant little gang in any way. If he did, I would not put it past them to use some low means to have a go at him, including racism. But it's probably far less likely they would do that, as Asian-hatred somehow seems more malignant among ignorant British thickos than hatred of black Americans, who are often idolised by that demographic for their achievements in sport and music.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Lammy said:

im sure that was just an observation and we don't know what racial abuse he has had to deal with in his lifetime. It may have effected him!?!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
London Irish said:
Because we agreed earlier that racism was not their primary motivation, remember? It is resentment based on her manner, her "airs" and almost certainly her looks. They have used racist ignorance to make jibes at here, but it's apparant that it's not the colour of their skin that is primarily upsetting them.

In Jackson's case, he is a fairly quiet, inoffensive character who just sits in the corner and doesn't say a lot, so he has not aggravated this malignant little gang in any way. If he did, I would not put it past them to use some low means to have a go at him, including racism. But it's probably far less likely they would do that, as Asian-hatred somehow seems more malignant among ignorant British thickos than hatred of black Americans, who are often idolised by that demographic for their achievements in sport and music.
top post :clap:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
So this kerfuffle is all the fault of the people of colour, not the people that make fun of how an Indian woman speaks, or speculate openly whether they use cutlery in India?

Ah, ok. Righty ho.

Not at all. I don't think ANYONE is at fault and this whole thing is a storm in a teacup.

I don't agree with all the bitching that has gone on but hey, it's not exactely exclusive to this series is it?

What I don't agree with is labelling someone a racist when clearly they are not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lammy said:

Yup, fair point.
Unlike Jades little crew he's not been openly hostile to anyone in there at all, but he seems to hold colour as a fundemental factor in how he views people. He's far more introverted though, and more of an observer in there. Even when Shilpa is under attack for something or other, JJ hasn't once stepped in and told the white honkey trailor trash to SHA-MONE MUTHAFUCKER, HEE HEEEEEEE - OWWWW

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
What I don't agree with is labelling someone a racist when clearly they are not.
So taking the piss out of woman's Indian accent and then wondering if their hands are dirty, or if they can use a knife and fork has NOTHING to do with her race? They'd have done just that if she'd been another caucasian, would they?

Let me know if you find any worms down there, with your head so firmly wedged in the sand. Are you Arthur in disguise? Reality check needed, right here.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Irish said:

I agree. However, if race isn't the reason for them not liking her then they are not racist. They are simple and therefore probably struggle to come up with more reasoned insults but they are commenting on fact.

Shilpa uses her hands in the cooking a lot. So What I say, so do I. Danielle obviously doesn't like this and has commented on it. Jo has immitated her accent but this was to mock her tone of voice which irritates her.

This, in my view does not make them a racist. Calling someone a racist is as bad as accusing someone of rape in my book. It is brandished about all too freely these days. Just because someone has bitched about someone making reference to her race in context with what they are bitching about does not make them a racist.

Albion Rob

Unless I'm mistaken, this is not the first tiime racism has reared its ugly head in the BB house.

1. Tim cracked the 'joke': What is white and lays in the gutter? A paki with the shit kicked out of him. Media coverage: Anger at the time, certainly hastened his exit from the house but all forgotton about within 48 hours.

2. Emma called Victor a "f***ing ******" during that massive scrap on the night Emma and Michelle reappeared at in the house after their fake eviction. Media coverage: Glossed over at the time in as the papers salivated over the fight that ensued that night.

I certainly won't be condoning any of the three incidents (what is going on with Shilpa at the moment being the third) but it is interesting how this can gain pace when you have a solid PR machine behind you.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
I agree. However, if race isn't the reason for them not liking her then they are not racist. They are simple and therefore probably struggle to come up with more reasoned insults but they are commenting on fact.

Shilpa uses her hands in the cooking a lot. So What I say, so do I. Danielle obviously doesn't like this and has commented on it. Jo has immitated her accent but this was to mock her tone of voice which irritates her.

This, in my view does not make them a racist. Calling someone a racist is as bad as accusing someone of rape in my book. It is brandished about all too freely these days. Just because someone has bitched about someone making reference to her race in context with what they are bitching about does not make them a racist.
Of course. There's no such thing as racism. Taking the piss out of the way Indian people speak isn't racist at all, it's just factually-incorrect banter because they, er, find their way of speaking irritating. Of COURSE. And, btw, I'm Randy Lal, the Khazi of Kalibar. :shootself

Just as a piece of advice, take it or leave it: I really would stop digging. I'm sure you won't.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
So taking the piss out of woman's Indian accent and then wondering if their hands are dirty, or if they can use a knife and fork has NOTHING to do with her race? They'd have done just that if she'd been another caucasian, would they?

Let me know if you find any worms down there, with your head so firmly wedged in the sand. Are you Arthur in disguise? Reality check needed, right here.

To assume someones hands might be dirty has nothing to do with the colour of their skin! If someone says something you don't like then walks away it is very common to turn to the person next to you and immitate what they just said in a mocking tone. Again no matter what the colour of that person's skin is.

I think as DKM said, this is not a clear cut case. If it was BB would have acted and that would be that. the problem is it not. Hence the debate.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
black Americans, who are often idolised by that demographic for their achievements in sport and music.

So you are saying that back people are better at sport and music than white people, I find that racist. Black people are prevalent in other areas of the entertainment industry, actors, such as C. Thomas Howell, and all round entertainers such as the black and white minstrels. Black people provide all the entertainment needs for white folk and I think it's about time you respected that.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Lammy said:

can hardly class rape and racism as similar. Rape is rape, racism can have different levels. Although there racism may not be that extreme, all the same it IS racism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here