Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goody RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't agree with all the publicity surrounding it, but RIP.

Have to feel for her kids.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Why do I get the impression that not many will miss your passing ?

everybody will miss my passing...

...because it won't be played out on TV and in the tabloids.

but, to answer what you meant rather than what you said, because it's true and i'm not arrogant enough to think otherwise.

at least the people who will miss me weren't purchased from a catalogue and sent via FedEx from some far away land...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
everybody will miss my passing...

...because it won't be played out on TV and in the tabloids.

but, to answer what you meant rather than what you said, because it's true and i'm not arrogant enough to think otherwise.

at least the people who will miss me weren't purchased from a catalogue and sent via FedEx from some far away land...

Meaning ?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Was just out for a pleasant walk, and felt the tear of an angel brush my cheek.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The perfectly observed minutes silence at Anfield before the Liverpool v Aston Vila game was a very moving tribute.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
this is an internet message board, for christ's sake. there hasn't been a single post on here ever which has fulfilled a need. it's a place for people to express their views, if they so wish and have nothing better to do.

and my view is...

i couldn't give a flying youknowwhat that some rich chav, whose entire life in the media spotlight has only served to convince poor chavs that ignorant, rude and offensive people can 'make it' in life, has died. just what we needed...one more reason for members of the so-called underclass to avoid making any effort to improve themselves or contribute to society in a positive and meaningful way.

of course, i don't believe that the cancer pig finally croaking has made the world a better place. quite the opposite in fact as this awful element of our society has been, and will continue to be, given way too much attention.

as for it being tragic that anyone has to die...think about all the people you've met. i bet at least 50% of them were complete dicks. and there are billions of the fuckers on the planet. life just isn't that precious.

so, in summary... :shrug: :wave:

p.s. at least now she's dead there will be more food and money left for the rest of us.

'Cancer pig'? You really are a charmer, aren't you?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
There are some utter c u n t s on here, aren't there? People who believe they are the reincarnation of Ben Elton, who think that saying the same thing, but louder each time, will make them a comic genius. Here's a newsflash - it doesn't. It makes you sad wankers who hopefully will contract cancer one day (rectal would appear to be fitting), and will die a sad, slow and painful death. Whether you liked her or not is immaterial - she is the mother of two young children, who had a circle of friends, who has died early because of a particularly shitty disease. It doesn't rank highly on the list of world-shattering events, and without the likes of Max Clifford and the media circus that he conducts, would not have ranked an inch in the local paper. However, I can honestly and sincerely hope that some of the CJTC on here have a close encounter with cancer and then come on here so that we can also pass judgement on their lives, looks and behaviour.

f*** 'em all

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The perfectly observed minutes silence at Anfield before the Liverpool v Aston Vila game was a very moving tribute.

I came in when the minute silence was being observed and did think, surely this can't be for Jade, it weren't That would have really wound me up.

Keep seeing posters on here telling someone to "go do one" as a insult, what does it mean, ? anyone know.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The last year for which there are records (2006), there were 154,162 people who died from cancer in the UK. Their deaths no doubt affected many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of close family members and friends.

Are they any more, or less, deserving of an RIP thread on NSC?

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
A young woman of a mere 27 years of age has tragically passed away, leaving 2 young children to grow up without their Mum.

Hopefully, some of us get to benefit through the 'Jade effect', in that the increased awareness of this savage disease may see some of our loved ones survive.

If you have nothing nice to say, please be dignified enough to say nothing at all - there really is no need.

Nice words Bozza. RIP JADE.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sad news, as it is when anyone dies of this disease.

In terms of raising awareness of need for regular screenings etc perhaps the completely over the top coverage has been a necessary evil.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
A young woman of a mere 27 years of age has tragically passed away, leaving 2 young children to grow up without their Mum.

Hopefully, some of us get to benefit through the 'Jade effect', in that the increased awareness of this savage disease may see some of our loved ones survive.

If you have nothing nice to say, please be dignified enough to say nothing at all - there really is no need.

nice words indeed, for those of us who have lost someone close to this disease will know that increased awareness will aid early detection rates and increase the chances of survival

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There are some utter c u n t s on here, aren't there? People who believe they are the reincarnation of Ben Elton, who think that saying the same thing, but louder each time, will make them a comic genius. Here's a newsflash - it doesn't. It makes you sad wankers who hopefully will contract cancer one day (rectal would appear to be fitting), and will die a sad, slow and painful death. Whether you liked her or not is immaterial - she is the mother of two young children, who had a circle of friends, who has died early because of a particularly shitty disease. It doesn't rank highly on the list of world-shattering events, and without the likes of Max Clifford and the media circus that he conducts, would not have ranked an inch in the local paper. However, I can honestly and sincerely hope that some of the CJTC on here have a close encounter with cancer and then come on here so that we can also pass judgement on their lives, looks and behaviour.

f*** 'em all
It's not really the point though is it? I was in WH Smiths on Saturday and there was a Jade Goody memorial issue of OK! - and she wasn't even dead! The entire media circus absolutely sickens me, the whole country seems to have turned into a sad, self-pitying version of Liverpool with people wallowing in lachrymose, maudlin, faux-sincere bollocks. I wonder how many of the Princess Di fans who've posted 'RIP' on this thread (and on others both on here and other message boards) have actually gone out and done something positive today like donated money to cancer research? I have, and if others have than fair enough. If not - then your messages of sympathy for a woman you don't know are empty and meaningless.

Sorry Hants, I'm not having a go at you personally (even though I've quoted your post) I've lost friends and relatives to cancer and this whole 'RIP' thing, especially for a no-mark like Goody, is really pissing me off.

And PS Mods - I don't know why John Bumlick and Happy Seagull have been banned, I hope it wasn't for what they've posted on this thread which for the most part seems quite reasonable.

PPS - This has been my only post on the entire Goody circus, I shan't make any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here