Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jade Goody RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would rate Jade's death sad, as sad as millions of other mums dying around the world that I have never heard of. In Jade's case, none of us should ever have heard of her either. But we've had her 'personality' and then her tragedy rammed down our throats, and a lot of people have simply had enough of hearing about her.

I've just heard Gordon Brown reacting to the news. Jesus.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Jade was a courageous young woman who obviously loved her young sons dearly but had to face the terrible fact she would never be here for them as they grow up.

Luckily most people wont have to face that horrible realisation but I've had my own cancer battle and can assure you that I would have taken any money I could at that point to try and make things easier for my son in case I wasn't here for him. Of course there are thousands of people facing a battle with cancer, it doesn't make their fight any less courageous because they're not in the public eye but Jade was a well known figure, she's made a few quid for her kids but we all know that money can't buy or replace a mum's love. Jade had to live with that knowledge.

Let's hope that the recent publicity will encourage more women to seek smear tests so that fewer kids have to grow up without their mum's love.

RIP Jade.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
OK, just one comment from me.

BBC website headline "Jade Goody dies. Prime Minister leads tributes."

Has our PM really got nothing better to do with his time? She was a Z list "celebrity" for chrissake!!

Very sad when anyone dies, but why the hell is Brown getting involved? Really really pisses me off.

Jade Goody - Telegraph

Lovely dig at the Sun. A truly pathetic newspaper, even for a red top.

I really think that this article totally nails the whole thing and that certain tabloids are only just worthy of being hung on a nail in the loo. As with most people very sorry for her two lads but to hear some of the garbage being spouted on the radio really makes one want to vomit.

Why didn't Jane Tomlinson get such a high profile?? Anyone on here remember what she did without cheating by Googling??

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Hopefully they'll afford the family some privacy and dignity now. Somehow doubt it given Clifford's response. They'll probably be having an open casket at this rate.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
RIP Jade - very sad when someone dies so young - my heart goes out to Bobby and Freddie and all the family :(

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
While Jade Goody was just another of these reality TV manufactured "celebrities" and I have not been interested in her life in the media at all, having lost a close family member to cancer a month ago, my sympathies do go to her family as I know from my own experience that it is difficult to watch someone you love suffer and pass away in such circumstances.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Hopefully they'll afford the family some privacy and dignity now. Somehow doubt it given Clifford's response. They'll probably be having an open casket at this rate.

I think they will find it quite difficult to get off the band wagon.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wonder if the Daily Express will have her on the front page for decades to come, like they have with Princess Di.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I personally will be looking for a new star in the sky tonite.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I've just heard Gordon Brown reacting to the news. Jesus.
Blair gets Princess Di. All poor old Gordon gets is Jade. From the BBC site:-

"Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he was "deeply saddened" by the news and described Goody as "a courageous woman both in life and death. The whole country has admired her determination to provide a bright future for her children. She will be remembered fondly by all who knew her and... "

At this point an aide produced a large onion for the Prime Minister to hold beneath his good eye...

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
If you have nothing nice to say, please be dignified enough to say nothing at all - there really is no need.

this is an internet message board, for christ's sake. there hasn't been a single post on here ever which has fulfilled a need. it's a place for people to express their views, if they so wish and have nothing better to do.

and my view is...

i couldn't give a flying youknowwhat that some rich chav, whose entire life in the media spotlight has only served to convince poor chavs that ignorant, rude and offensive people can 'make it' in life, has died. just what we needed...one more reason for members of the so-called underclass to avoid making any effort to improve themselves or contribute to society in a positive and meaningful way.

of course, i don't believe that the cancer pig finally croaking has made the world a better place. quite the opposite in fact as this awful element of our society has been, and will continue to be, given way too much attention.

as for it being tragic that anyone has to die...think about all the people you've met. i bet at least 50% of them were complete dicks. and there are billions of the fuckers on the planet. life just isn't that precious.

so, in summary... :shrug: :wave:

p.s. at least now she's dead there will be more food and money left for the rest of us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why do I get the impression that not many will miss your passing ?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
it was planned for todat by max clifford. dignity? who is that.

i personaly feel it was disgusting the way it all went.

however, 2 kids etc its sad for them, but not me. and yes i have lost people close to me!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Wondering how long it will be before the fallout starts, mum,new husband,ex husband, kids and all that money.
Lawyers will probably get most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here