Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
My wife and I cared for my mum for 6 years as she slowly disappeared with Alzheimers.....solidarity and respect to you and your dad.
There is a carer support service in Worthing who do great work and, specifically, a guy there called Ian Stuart who may be able to help you a lot.
Details about the Project
And if reading someone else's experiences may help...
The Long Goodbye * a poem for my mother
If you'd like a chat, send me a personal message. All the best.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
LondonBlue needs a good kicking, incinsiderate ****! All the best BB hope you find your dad and you get help in the future! Even palace fans showing support, thank you!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my wife has early onset dementia. Her mother and sister and my own father all suffered. If I can offer any help support or advice just shout :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The police do help with missing elderly people, by tweeting their description and last known location. I have a mother with early onset dementia so have every sympathy with Bigbelly. I hope all is well, as it can get unbearable.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Can't cope anymore. It's 5 to one in the morning and had enough. my dad walked out an hour ago and has dementia, god knows where he's gone and what he'll do. I'm at the end of the line. I don't know what to do anymore.

how awful. have you called police? put pic and info on facebook, twitter etc, someone may seem him.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
It really sounds as BB is at the end of his tether. Is there a way the mods can glean information (from his entry to NSC) to communicate to see if he is OK

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I hope [MENTION=21748]Bigbelly[/MENTION] is ok and takes some of the good advice on this thread.

Also, [MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION]... I hope you're f***ing ashamed of yourself this morning when you read this.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Hang in there Bigbelly. As stated by the decent peoples' posts on here, we are here to help if you need us and there is a LOT of help you can get with care for your Dad. It looks like an awful lot of people on here sadly have/are experiencing the same thing with loved ones. My mother suffers from dementia and it is heartbreaking that she doesn't even know who I am now.

As for LondonBlue - You've more than touched a nerve here, you've made yourself look a complete and utter cock with your posts. I do truly hope you never have to go through this with one of your parents. Not that it seems they'd get a lot of help from you. You were probably one of the ill-informed wankers on here a few weeks ago bitching about STH's not going to the Newcastle game. I didn't go. Why? Because I had to take my turn caring for my mother. Sitting in silence for most of 6 hours, watching her stare into space, consoling her as she cried asking when her Mum and Dad were coming to see her (they've been dead over 50 years). As stated, I hope you never have to go through this, because its' horrendous and has a huge effect on the people involved as well as the victim. I cry every time I leave my Mum, and I'm 49 years of age, so I can fully sympathise with Bigbelly, who has obviously reached the end of his tether. Don't ever come on here asking for help if you are in difficulty, because you sure as hell won't f***ing get it you unfeeling tosser.

It really sounds as BB is at the end of his tether. Is there a way the mods can glean information (from his entry to NSC) to communicate to see if he is OK

Just so you know, I've reported this post to get a mods attention, good idea.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

This.

And all the best BB, as others have said, contact the police. A missing person who as you point out has their life arguably at risk is in no way a waste of police time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If anyone else knows BB can they PM me please.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have spoken to BB this morning and he is touched by everyone's concern. He knows there are lots of people on here ready to help if he needs it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here