Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
There is a forum that I just found on google that supports people who care for people with dementia

Support for people with dementia and their carers

Also are you receiving help with his care even just to give you a break? if not then why not get an assessment done as you sound like you need help

When does the local authority pay for care? - Alzheimers Society

You may already know of them but google brings up the Brighton and Hove dementia support service

Services in Brighton and Hove - Alzheimer's Society

You sound like you really need some proper support, above all I hope he was found safe and well

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hope you're hanging in there BB. I'm a carer too although not for a dementia sufferer - I know how lonely it gets mate. Keep your pecker up as best you can. Hope you've found your Dad :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I just want to echo what others have said, I hope you have found him. The police would never consider such a situation a waste of time, they'd be on it straight away as would the taxi drivers. And so would the traffic wardens if it was during the day, they swarm all over the city so are well worth a nod, much as though they get a lot of bad press, they have found lost children before, etc.

Stay strong mate, there is always NSC to support you when you don't feel there is anyone else. All the best pal.

Where about are you BB?

Maybe some of us can keep an eye out for him.

As for the other tosser on here, jesus I've come out with some shit on here but that is way, way over the top.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My stepfather has Alzheimer's, my mother cared for him for as long as she could. It seems BB has reached that stage. You need help now BB, and the contacts already provided CAN help.
Good luck.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hope BB did ring the police..my mother has dementia and did same thing....police found her in bus shelter with a carrier bag of clothes ...and london blue seems like you need to heed your own advice

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Hang in there mate, going through the same thing with my mum, 65 and diagnosed with 2 types f Dimentia lasy year, rapid down hill since then and strugging to recognise us, all she wants is to have dinner with her mum and dad who died about 15 years ago, thinks we are stopping her from doing it and resents us for it, very tough on my dad (83) who is sole carer.

Keep positive mate

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Police would be straight out looking for him. I know of a male a few years back who had dementia. He would regularly get up and walk to Arundal in the middle of the night with his terrier. His daughter contacted a mobile phone operator. They then sewed a phone in the lining of his favorite jacket, When he went missing police got his rough location by triangulation of his mobile. He was soon found and then brought home for a warm cup of tea. Bless him he had post it notes all over his house.....Hope you find him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
One comes on here looking for news about a big Dutch central defender, and then read something like this.... puts things in to perspective.

palace supporters being supportive, and Londonblue being an absolute arse.

Just hope everything is under control.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
South East Area
Area covered: Covers Kent (Gillingham), Surrey, East Sussex (Brighton, Eastbourne) and West Sussex (Worthing, Crawley)
Address: Alzheimer's Society
South East Area Office
Telephone: 01403 276649
Email: ese@alzheimers.org.uk

Brighton Office
The Annexe, Ireland Lodge
Lockwood Crescent
Woodingdean
Brighton
BN2 6UH
Tel: 01273 726266
Email: brighton-hove@alzheimers.org.uk

Online forum - Alzheimers Society

Mental health - Brighton Hove City Council

http://www.mind.org.uk/
51 New England Street
Brighton
East Sussex
BN1 4GQ
Phone: 01273 66 69 50
info@mindcharity.co.uk
Mind in Brighton and Hove: Home
Opening hours: 9.30 till 4.30, Monday to Friday. We offer an appointment based service so please call first. We do not offer drop in services.

Mental Health Foundation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here