Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isn't it time for action in Lewes ?.

eastlondonseagull said:
Leafleting for the referendum was very successful. Why not 'roadblock' roads in and out of Lewes and do the same thing?
Don't forget that the area covered by Lewes District includes parts of Saltdean, Telscombe Cliffs, Peacehaven, Newhaven, Seaford, Ditchling, Wivelsfield, Plumpton, Newick, Chailey, Barcombe, Ringmer, Firle and a lot of other places

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Why? Shouldnt we be showing that it affects more people than only those in their little world?

I think so, too, BAG. Yes, Lewes residents need to do something, perhaps be the figureheads of this campaign, but the fact is that LDC's selfish actions are going to affect thousands of people in another town and all over the county. It's disgraceful.

Last edited:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The 2nd to last game on Saturday 8th April is home to Southampton. That would be ideal as South Today/Meridian would heavily feature that match and would have cameras in the area. They certainly would cover the event in Lewes.

Maybe we could our protest in the morning before the match. We could have our own early bonfire procession. Effigies of cruella banging a nail into a BHA coffin.

We could invite fans and players from Lewes football club, youngsters from other Sussex football clubs. Just to show that this is not just about Brighton residents, but the whole of Sussex.

Lets get this moving.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Lord Bracknell said:
Don't forget that the area covered by Lewes District includes parts of Saltdean, Telscombe Cliffs, Peacehaven, Newhaven, Seaford, Ditchling, Wivelsfield, Plumpton, Newick, Chailey, Barcombe, Ringmer, Firle and a lot of other places

Yup, let's roadblock them too. Stand people at traffic lights and road junctions - let's get the word spread.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
De Vecchi's scandalous hounding of Roz is just typical. Its all looking rosy in the garden for them at the moment. THEY NEED A QUICK AND FIRM REALITY CHECK.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They have had it all their own way so far and have not had to face the wrath of several thousand angry Albion fans in their back yard.

Lets get it on.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
eastlondonseagull said:
I think so, too, BAG. Yes, Lewes residents need to do something, perhaps be the figureheads of this campaign, but the fact is that LDC's selfish actions are going to affect thousands of people in another town and all over the county. It's disgraceful.

I'm with BAG dont think it matters now whether its Lewes residents

Time for some action:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
DIFFBROOK said:
The 2nd to last game on Saturday 8th April is home to Southampton. That would be ideal as South Today/Meridian would heavily feature that match and would have cameras in the area. They certainly would cover the event in Lewes.

Maybe we could our protest in the morning before the match. We could have our own early bonfire procession. Effigies of cruella banging a nail into a BHA coffin.

We could invite fans and players from Lewes football club, youngsters from other Sussex football clubs. Just to show that this is not just about Brighton residents, but the whole of Sussex.

Lets get this moving.

I thought as our last game is on a sunday we could use the sat b4..the 29th that way we could cause disruption for as long as we see fit...as opposed to them thinking oh well be over by 1pm as they are off to the game !!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do know Knight and Perry were against something similar when the appeal was announced but I strongly feel LDC will do EVERYTHING to make this club fold. Whose to say if/when we win this review, they will not try and take it to the European courts or something ???

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
blockhseagull said:
I thought as our last game is on a sunday we could use the sat b4..the 29th that way we could cause disruption for as long as we see fit...as opposed to them thinking oh well be over by 1pm as they are off to the game !!!

LDC wont be working on a saturday - thus will cause minimal impact

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Do we stand idly by whilst our club is dying?

DIFFBROOK said:
LDC are carrying out their wish. They are strangling the club that we all love. It really is time to fight fire with fire.

I dont have all the answers but it is time that we hit back. Maybe others could add things here that we could collectively do.

a) Firstly It really is time that we embarrased the Lib Dems nationally. Writing to Cruella will only give her satisfaction. To this end we should all write to Ming Campbell expressing our outrage.

b) We should aim to do something that will get this known nationally. Maybe banners and the like at home games and away games. Leaflets being handed out to all football fans that we are due to play against. Something along the lines of "LEWES LIB DEMS ARE KILLING OUR CLUB" or "LIB DEMS ARE ANTI FOOTBALL" Something like that.

c) The Lib Dems are having their conf in Brighton this Sept. I know we hope that it might all be over by then, but we must be prepared to get the same numbers of fans out to protest as we did at the Labour ones.

d). Maybe we should select days of the week when we ring the council offices over and over again. Each person has a time slot in which to ring the Council offices. At least that fux up their workings for the day.

e) Similarly we should all e-mail John Crawford Lewes CE, on a certain day/time. That may bring down his account. Maybe techies could help on this.

f) Anything else to stop the councils workings.

g) some kind of pre-planning for local elections next year.

h). And I'm so worried that we might do a Rotherham, that it is imperative that DK goes into details about our finances, so that we can as fans play our part to ensure that we are solvent.

i) Finally as fans, all of us that includes Ernest, 3 gulls etc must all stand together. Support this club like never before. Not carping on about McGee, DK or relegation etc . We really do have a common enemy.

I'm really serious. We need to act and now

A, B, C - all sensible ideas and can be discussed further

D,E,F - IMO extremely bad ideas. The JR is down to elected members of LDC (Councillors) NOT the ordinary officers who happened to work for LDC. Trying to sabotage the day to day working of the council is morally wrong and will alienate the support that we do have from Lewes DC residents.

i - this is not the same issue and people's right to express an opinion should not be gagged by our need for unity over Falmer.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I've just sent this to MY local MP. We will see if he has any comments:

Dear Mr Huhne,

I am writing to you as a constituent (I live in Hedge End) but also as a lifelong supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

You may be aware that the club, in conjunction with Brighton and Hove City Council, are looking to build a Community Stadium at land in Falmer, East Sussex. After a Public Enquiry and Judicial Review, permission was finally granted last October for the stadium to be built.

Since then, Lewes District Council (which is under Liberal Democrat control) has mounted a campaign to get the decision overturned on the grounds that the correct process was not followed. It is becoming increasingly apparent that the appeal is based on various personal issues that Councillors (and the local LibDem MP) have, rather than an objective assessment of the situation.

Lewes District Council have committed a sum of money to the appeal which will come out of Council Tax payers pockets – the majority of whom incidentally, are IN FAVOUR of the stadium. If the appeal is unsuccessful however, and indications are that the grounds for appeal are somewhat tenuous to say the least, then Lewes District Council will be faced with a potentially huge bill, again to be met by the local Council Tax payers.

I am writing to you as I, along with many other people, am concerned that the personal views of local councillors are clouding the wider issue, that of the demonstrable need for a community stadium within the Brighton and Hove area.

The continued obstruction, as well as delaying the creation of many hundreds of new jobs linked to the Community aspect of the stadium, is slowly strangling a Football Club that has been in existence for over 100 years. The ultimate irony is that a number of players are residents of Lewes and it is possible that their Council Tax will be used to send their employer out of business.

I would welcome any comments you may have.

Kind regards

Ian Hine

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
I do know Knight and Perry were against something similar when the appeal was announced but I strongly feel LDC will do EVERYTHING to make this club fold. Whose to say if/when we win this review, they will not try and take it to the European courts or something ???

We need to be very organised and very ANGRY without being violent.

There needs to be a serious letter/email campaign to Minging Campbell reminding him that the LibDUmbs are about to lose everything they've worked for in Sussex because of the actions of DeVagi and Co.

Those bastards have got me seething with anger at the moment-good job I'm in Guildford or I might be tempted to storm the LDC offices...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hiney said:

Dear Mr Huhne,

I am writing to you as a constituent (I live in Hedge End) but also as a lifelong supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

You may be aware that the club, in conjunction with Brighton and Hove City Council, are looking to build a Community Stadium at land in Falmer, East Sussex. After a Public Enquiry and Judicial Review, permission was finally granted last October for the stadium to be built.

Since then, Lewes District Council (which is under Liberal Democrat control) has mounted a campaign to get the decision overturned on the grounds that the correct process was not followed. It is becoming increasingly apparent that the appeal is based on various personal issues that Councillors (and the local LibDem MP) have, rather than an objective assessment of the situation.

Lewes District Council have committed a sum of money to the appeal which will come out of Council Tax payers pockets – the majority of whom incidentally, are IN FAVOUR of the stadium. If the appeal is unsuccessful however, and indications are that the grounds for appeal are somewhat tenuous to say the least, then Lewes District Council will be faced with a potentially huge bill, again to be met by the local Council Tax payers.

I am writing to you as I, along with many other people, am concerned that the personal views of local councillors are clouding the wider issue, that of the demonstrable need for a community stadium within the Brighton and Hove area.

The continued obstruction, as well as delaying the creation of many hundreds of new jobs linked to the Community aspect of the stadium, is slowly strangling a Football Club that has been in existence for over 100 years. The ultimate irony is that a number of players are residents of Lewes and it is possible that their Council Tax will be used to send their employer out of business.

Kind regards

Ian Hine

:clap:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hiney said:

Dear Mr Huhne,

Kind regards

Ian Hine

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the time for letters and e mails is over, we have done that for 7 years, its time for faces on streets with placards imho.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Uncle Spielberg said:
I think the time for letters and e mails is over, we have done that for 7 years, its time for faces on streets with placards imho.

Quite. We just have to be careful not to seem intimidating, as 12 people in a group acting in an intimidating way can constitute a riot - that's a legal/police definition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here