Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this true,re Bissouma

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
£30m sounds plausible, negotiation between clubs & players etc. in September sounds a lot less plausible.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
He'll be an overly expensive Man Utd "panic buy" sometime in the next few years or just after OGS's successor is appointed.
Liverpool for £30,000,000? Far too cheap.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He'll be an overly expensive Man Utd "panic buy" sometime in the next few years or just after OGS's successor is appointed.
Liverpool for £30,000,000? Far too cheap.

They can have him for free in about 20 months.

Thats what people dont seem to get. If you are selling something that everyone knows will be available for free in the not too distant future, you are not in a great position as a seller.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Thats what people dont seem to get. If you are selling something that everyone knows will be available for free in the not too distant future, you are not in a great position as a seller.

But the "thing" being sold will only be available to one of the buyers. And they are all competing fiercely against each other for top talent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It doesn't work like that when there are so many clubs interested in him. If it did, then then hardly any transfer fees would ever be paid.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.

I'm hoping negotiations that are financially beneficial to both BHA and Yves are underway behind the scenes already.
Bissouma must know 100% he'll be moving on soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But the "thing" being sold will only be available to one of the buyers. And they are all competing fiercely against each other for top talent.

It doesn't work like that when there are so many clubs interested in him. If it did, then then hardly any transfer fees would ever be paid.

Sure. And thats likely to move it from the "bad money" category to the "decent money" category. But I seriously doubt it will go anywhere near the £60m or so he should be worth.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Another poster pointed out, quite rightly, that once the transfer fee is no longer an issue as the contract has run down, other clubs come into play, Barca, for example.

The Liverpool and Chelsea's will know this and will have to offer very good money in order to get him. Especially if this January.

Though, as i've mentioned before, that the main downward pressure on his fee will be a relative glut of very good young midfielders in the £50m+ category

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm hoping negotiations that are financially beneficial to both BHA and Yves are underway behind the scenes already.
Bissouma must know 100% he'll be moving on soon.

He was very clear on his recent interview on the club site that he wants to play in the Champions league.
He came over really well in that interview, but it was clear that we won't be able to keep him, when he's ready to go.

I doubt there will be another contract.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Teamtalk is saying it’s a done deal for £40m

No they aren't. It's just speculation and a poor estimation of what BHA might accept as a fee. I'd be surprised if we accepted 40m next summer; I'd be astounded if we accepted it mid season with no time to get a replacement bought and bedded in.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He did say in that recent interview with GM that he leaves all his contract negotiations to his agent (Michael N'Cho) and concentrates on playing football.

Can see its true to a degree but not totally.

But how many BS articles were there over the summer on Biss to the Arse? Tons. Many saying its a 'done deal' including several stating that he told his agent he wants to go to Arse.

Media just invents shite to fill pages / screens and get views /clicks. They are after the revenue not the truth of the claims.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He did say in that recent interview with GM that he leaves all his contract negotiations to his agent (Michael N'Cho) and concentrates on playing football.

Can see its true to a degree but not totally.

But how many BS articles were there over the summer on Biss to the Arse? Tons. Many saying its a 'done deal' including several stating that he told his agent he wants to go to Arse.

Media just invents shite to fill pages / screens and get views /clicks. They are after the revenue not the truth of the claims.

'done deal' is a phrase that properly gets on my tits when it's quoted outside of transfer windows. As we all know, no deals are done until the player has arrived at the training ground, completed a medical and is pictured with the shirt. They certainly aren't done less than 4 weeks after the last transfer window has slammed shut.

I remember some Burnley bell end coming on here in 2016 and telling us all that Stephens to Burnley was a so-called done deal in the week leading up to the Middlesbrough game - when there was still a good chance we'd be getting promoted ourselves! I think my irrational anger at the phrase stems from that.

kjgood

So, if he does go in January are you all going to wish him well, wherever he goes? (Not including palace ofc).

Yes Absolutely if he works his exit in the right manner i.e. not sulking, refusing to play or striking, strangely injured that sort of thing why wouldn't you thank him for his efforts and wish him well if he is improving himself either financially or by the standard or scale of the club he joins.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No they aren't. It's just speculation and a poor estimation of what BHA might accept as a fee. I'd be surprised if we accepted 40m next summer; I'd be astounded if we accepted it mid season with no time to get a replacement bought and bedded in.

Moder, Caicedo, Mwepu - how many more replacements do you think we should buy and get bedded in?

And yes, I'm fully aware that none of those are exact like-for-like replacements; there probably isn't one of those anyway.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I do wonder what price uncle Tony would want if he were to consider a sale next summer. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned down £30m for a final year of Yves

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
His value was clear tonight. He gives us way more than even we give him credit for. Unless we get offered silly money i can see us keeping him until contract expires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here