Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this true,re Bissouma

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
YOu'd hope/expect TB to be smart enough to actually talk to Biss . . .its in both parties interests to work together to maximise both parties futures. . .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
YOu'd hope/expect TB to be smart enough to actually talk to Biss . . .its in both parties interests to work together to maximise both parties futures. . .

Absolutely they will be talking to him and I have no doubt they will have made multiple contract offers. Yves well within his rights to play this out and see what transpires.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not a terrible outcome. We would have had 5 years of him at a decent fee and wages.

Having an extra season of one of the PL's best midfielders would be a great outcome for us as fans!

Not so many players of his age do this though, do they? I imagine he's on something modest (in PL terms) like £2m per year, so not only would he be putting off doubling, at least, his salary, but he'd also run the risk of getting a long-term injury and finding himself on £0 when his contract expires.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Having only 18 months left on his contract in Jan, means that £30m isn't such a silly low value.
Where as if he signed a new longer contract his value would be double that amount.

A 'Grealish like' contract would be brilliant. Where by Bissouma gets a bigger and longer contract from Brighton to give him financial security.
But a built in release clause allowing a Champions League side to sign him for a minimum huge fee that Brighton would be happy with (£70m or similar?).

Currently Bissouma and his agent are gambling on getting to the end of the season without suffering a major injury in the knowledge that a massive signing on fee and increased pay day comes next January or July when he becomes a major bargain for someone.

Or if we keep him without him signing a new contract, a year later he would be leaving for free.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That is what i fear, but i don't see him doing that, he seems to love it here and it just not seem in his nature.
Of course if he did that would seriously blemish his legend status here...

That is why i kind of expected news on a contract extension and makes me fearful, that a deal may already be done. :eek:

I don't see it like that. It's not his duty to make money for us.

If he did run down his contract we get to see him in the stripes for another two years. So that would be the positive

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That is what i fear, but i don't see him doing that, he seems to love it here and it just not seem in his nature.

That is why i kind of expected news on a contract extension and makes me fearful, that a deal may already be done. :eek:

My prediction, that I've espoused on here before, is that he will let his contract run down purely because of where he wants to go and play in the future. If he signs a new contract his price becomes so high that the only clubs that can really afford him are the big sides in the Premier league. But if he would rather play in the Spanish, Italian or French leagues it makes sense to run it down, because the big clubs in those leagues will only spend 50m+ on players with proven Champions League or International pedigree.

kjgood

Unfortunately he doesn't have the same love as we do for the club. Yes he may be enjoying his time here, but Brighton are just another employer providing him with a stepping stone for the ultimate aim of playing for whichever club is his final goal, be it RM, Barca, Liverpool, Manure. If he sees Liverpool as the next step up and I couldn't blame him for that, then why wouldn't he sign a pre contract agreement or let his existing one run down? Sorry but that's how it is.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think the situation is simple. He leaves on a free in 2023 unless we get an astronomic offer beforehand, and a likely bidding war will happen next summer which may meet the required offer.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My guess is that neither party can agree a contract extension that suits both parties.

Biss may want contractual certainty that we will not stand in his way
Tony may want a contarct extension that secures the best price for Biss

Biss's stance - is likely to be a release clause set at a lower value than Tony will want. This effectively sets the transfer fee like the Cucurella deal
Tony's stance - Could prevent Bissouma having control on when and how he leaves - like Zaha's situation.

Biss being prepared to accept a low wage and risk of a career ending injury, shows a great deal of confidence.
He may actually be a negotiating match for our Tony.

As a fan I'm not too bothered, I would happily give up a £50m+ pay day for the club, to guarantee Biss at the Albion for 2 seasons.
But it isn't my money.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Bissouma aint the type of player you can railroad into signing a contract through Diplomacy. He can be a wee bit of a law unto himself sometimes - If he wants to go then he will have already decided. If they can't get him to sign a contract in the next 6 months or so then absolutely he will get sold. There is no chance they will allow his contract to expire. The Club will make sure that it gets a fee for him.

Can't see the Liverpool story being 100% true though unless Bissouma himself has already decided that is going to be where he himself wants to go to.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I think the biggest factor in all this is Jude Bellingham

He's seen as the gold standard central midfielder by ESL clubs. Declan Rice silver. Yves is seen as bronze (whether that's fair or not you could debate)

I think that all the big clubs are keeping their powder dry, waiting to see what will happen with these possible megadeals. None of them want to go too early on Bissouma and eat up their transfer budget while their rivals walk away with their top target.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think the situation is simple. He leaves on a free in 2023 unless we get an astronomic offer beforehand, and a likely bidding war will happen next summer which may meet the required offer.

This is, I think, the most likely scenario.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So, if he does go in January are you all going to wish him well, wherever he goes? (Not including palace ofc).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So, if he does go in January are you all going to wish him well, wherever he goes? (Not including palace ofc).

Absolutely. Will always follow his career. He'll get a terrific reception whenever he comes back.

And he's going somewhere better than that s*** I can assure you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here