[Albion] Is this true,re Bissouma

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Is he injured for tonight?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if they sell him for 30 million i will shove a traffic cone up my arse ,put a potty on my head and walk from Ferring to Brighton and back over a bank holiday weekend whilst a team of attendants keep a constant supply of sparklers for me to wear/down/up/in my japs eye.

in fact that is just mischievous reporting from some norbert in a bunker somewhere......1500 clicks and he gets a jaffa cake and a seven up.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Re, the potential fee.

The upward pressure of the sparkling form, at the moment, is much more powerful that the downward pressure of the dwindling contract.

If left to the summer a bidding war is our best chance of receiving the money he's worth, but i've not ruled out he signs another contract for us, presumably with some understanding written in about particular clubs coming in for him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not ITK in any way, but I think it's fairly safe to say that this story is all speculation and conjecture to get a few clicks off of some of the millions of worldwide Liverpool fans. We made Arsenal pay 50m for our 3rd best defender, so we're not going to let our star player go for 30m, are we?

There's an argument that his value would be less next summer as he'll only have one year left. However this only applies when there is limited interest from buying clubs and not in the case of a player who'd be coveted by every team in the Premier League. If he doesn't sign a new deal in the summer then it's basically a bidding war by the clubs with the deepest pockets, and who knows where that could end up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thanks for your answers, surely if Ben White was worth 50 Mil then Bissouma is worth just as much

No. Surely he isn't. You could equally say that Messi went to PSG on a free, and many think Messi is the GOAT, therefore Bissouma should go on a free. It's not just about the quality of the player, it's also about the length of and the clauses in their contract.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Clicks won't bait themselves

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
unfortunately i think this may have legs, I would have expected him to sign an extension to his contract around now, with the proviso that if a big club does come in for him and he wants to go, we won't stand in his way. With the lack of any news on his contract, he and we could well have already agreed a deal, where by we won't see him leave for nothing, if we get to keep him until the end of the season, then I guess 30 million is better than nothing. Not to say I don't think he is worth a heck of a lot more, it is maybe our hands are tied somewhat....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
unfortunately i think this may have legs, I would have expected him to sign an extension to his contract around now, with the proviso that if a big club does come in for him and he wants to go, we won't stand in his way. With the lack of any news on his contract, he and we could well have already agreed a deal, where by we won't see him leave for nothing, if we get to keep him until the end of the season, then I guess 30 million is better than nothing. Not to say I don't think he is worth a heck of a lot more, it is maybe our hands are tied somewhat....

30m is the sort of price we might accept at the very end of next summer's transfer window if no better bids have come in for him by that time. And I can't see that scenario happening.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
……He could just run his contract down !

That is what i fear, but i don't see him doing that, he seems to love it here and it just not seem in his nature.
Of course if he did that would seriously blemish his legend status here...

That is why i kind of expected news on a contract extension and makes me fearful, that a deal may already be done. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here