Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this justice?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I haven't teamed up with anyone, I sail this Pot Noodle alone but talking of pirates and ships I went into a pub the other day in fancy dress and the barman asked me who I was dressed as. I told him I was a pirate captain. He asked me "where's your buccaneers then?" I replied "on the side of my bucking head you bucking idiot".

You had to be there, Arrrr. You did.

your jokes are barking mad! lol

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

…a brave Hungarian peasant girl, she forced King John to sign the pledge at Runnymede and close the boozers at half past ten.

hancock4.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
After the disappointment of the sun-dried tomatoes overpowering the cod in the recipe i tried yesterday, i'm thinking of giving this one a go today

Paupiettes of plaice with cauliflower purée and soused turnip

Ingredients
For the plaice
12 fillets plaice, skin removed

125g/4½oz fresh white crabmeat

½ bunch fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped

110ml/4fl oz olive oil

2 tbsp coriander cress

For the cauliflower purée
1 cauliflower, cut into florets

50g/2oz butter

110ml/4fl oz double cream

For the soused turnip
150ml/5fl oz white wine vinegar

50g/2oz caster sugar

pinch salt

1 large turnip, peeled, finely sliced on a mandolin

Preparation method
1.For the plaice, score the skin side of the plaice lightly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Carefully roll up each fillet, skin-side up, into paupiettes (pinwheels).

2.Place into a steamer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until just cooked through.

3.Blend the coriander leaves and olive oil in a food processor to a fine purée. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl.

4.For the cauliflower purée, cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until just tender, and drain.

5.Blend with the butter and cream in a food processerto a purée. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

6.For the soused turnip, heat the vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan until simmering. Pour the mixture over the sliced turnip and mix until well combined. Set aside to marinate for five minutes (or up to 24 hours). Drain the turnip slices and discard the sousing liquid.

7.To serve, spoon the cauliflower purée into the centre of the serving plates and place three paupiettes of plaice on top. Pile a spoonful of crabmeat on top then finish with a few pieces of turnip. Scatter the coriander cress around and drizzle over some coriander oil.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
This is a much better (and more informed) question than your OP. The answer is no, I think 50 years is well OTT for internet piracy (especially as, as far as I can see, he was merely facilitating it rather than perpetrating it).

As far as I'm aware the NDAA bill refers only to US citizens; while I agree that the idea of indefinitely detaining people without trial is pretty bad, I don't understand the reference to a British citizen, whose primary reason for wanting to avoid extradition is in fact that he would receive a more draconian punishment (rather than be detained without trial). I firmly believe that if he's committed an offence that he can be tried for in the UK he should be tried here, and if he hasn't then the British justice system should decide whether what he's done merits being a criminal offence and act accordingly, rather than simply handing him over to the Americans.

Fair point well made.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
After the disappointment of the sun-dried tomatoes overpowering the cod in the recipe i tried yesterday, i'm thinking of giving this one a go today

Paupiettes of plaice with cauliflower purée and soused turnip

Ingredients
For the plaice
12 fillets plaice, skin removed

125g/4½oz fresh white crabmeat

½ bunch fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped

110ml/4fl oz olive oil

2 tbsp coriander cress

For the cauliflower purée
1 cauliflower, cut into florets

50g/2oz butter

110ml/4fl oz double cream

For the soused turnip
150ml/5fl oz white wine vinegar

50g/2oz caster sugar

pinch salt

1 large turnip, peeled, finely sliced on a mandolin

Preparation method
1.For the plaice, score the skin side of the plaice lightly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Carefully roll up each fillet, skin-side up, into paupiettes (pinwheels).

2.Place into a steamer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until just cooked through.

3.Blend the coriander leaves and olive oil in a food processor to a fine purée. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl.

4.For the cauliflower purée, cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until just tender, and drain.

5.Blend with the butter and cream in a food processerto a purée. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

6.For the soused turnip, heat the vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan until simmering. Pour the mixture over the sliced turnip and mix until well combined. Set aside to marinate for five minutes (or up to 24 hours). Drain the turnip slices and discard the sousing liquid.

7.To serve, spoon the cauliflower purée into the centre of the serving plates and place three paupiettes of plaice on top. Pile a spoonful of crabmeat on top then finish with a few pieces of turnip. Scatter the coriander cress around and drizzle over some coriander oil.

If you eat that I can guarantee you'll have very smelly farts. Cauliflower puree?!?!

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No, I'm concerned about the 50 years possible jail sentence a man can get for not raping, murdering and disposing a body. The justice system therefore wil teach that illegal downloading is as bad or worse thanmurder. What will be peoples views towards murder be if this carrys on?
50 years is fair, the rapist should be hung though, can you start a thread about that and i will support you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here