Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this justice?

I think your missing the point though. The murderer has commited his crimes in Spain. Both are expected to be punished by the US. The murderer gets 20 years. The internet pirate can get 50 years!

If (I don't know the details) Carano is to serve his sentence in the US, it's irrelevant - what's significant is where he is prosecuted, as this is where he committed the offence. If he'd been prosecuted in the US it's highly likely he would have got a much more severe sentence (indeed he could have received the death penalty if he'd been in the 'wrong' state).

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
But you 'CAN' get upto 14 years for a parking fine or some shit you rarely do. And even if he does we all know on good behaviour etc he will be out long long long before the murder guy.

Read about the ndbaa bill. I don't think your corerct.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
If (I don't know the details) Carano is to serve his sentence in the US, it's irrelevant - what's significant is where he is prosecuted, as this is where he committed the offence. If he'd been prosecuted in the US it's highly likely he would have got a much more severe sentence (indeed he could have received the death penalty if he'd been in the 'wrong' state).

The new NDBAA bill means te US can go where ever they want and arrest anyone they want without trial. This applies to you too.

The new NDBAA bill means te US can go where ever they want and arrest anyone they want without trial. This applies to you too.

This doesn't really answer my point. If Carano and Dotcom had both been sentenced in the same US state, and received the sentences that you suggest, then I would be equally annoyed about it. But you are comparing one person prosecuted in Spain with a potential maximum sentence a man (who has not yet even been extradited, let alone prosecuted) could receive in the US.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you mean the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) of course. its powers do not extend beyond the USA. and it has nothing to do with either of the points in the first post. and to your original point about "justice", Kim Schmitz has not been sentanced to anything, he awaits extradition.

you make failing look so easy, how do you do it with such aplomb every time?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Stop ganging up on him guys and girls. :lol:

So you find mocking a case on worldwide news related to murder, rape and injustice to be funny?

Not at all. Your "schlock horror fake outrage" on the other hand is very amusing. I've got 2 items ticked on my Falmer thread bingo - your terrible grasp of English and telling people to go away, I just need a couple more things from you and I've got a full house. Do carry on.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
This doesn't really answer my point. If Carano and Dotcom had both been sentenced in the same US state, and received the sentences that you suggest, then I would be equally annoyed about it. But you are comparing one person prosecuted in Spain with a potential maximum sentence a man (who has not yet even been extradited, let alone prosecuted) could receive in the US.

Okay I see your point. Just to let you know. The sentences are not my predictions, this hs gone all over the net. I'm passing on info. And anyway, regardless of the country or state. How does a murdering rapist fear for a sentence only half the size of an illegal downloading website owner? Surely this is injustice which needs to be highlighted when it's the US claiming they can save the world?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
This is Just Ice

ice.jpg

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Not at all. Your "schlock horror fake outrage" on the other hand is very amusing. I've got 2 items ticked on my Falmer thread bingo - your terrible grasp of English and telling people to go away, I just need a couple more things from you and I've got a full house. Do carry on.

Do you have no self control?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here