Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this another Albion management shambles?

Is this another Albion management appointment shambles?

• Yes

Votes: 106 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 95 47.3%

• Total voters

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Brighton fans demanded that Slade was Sacked, Slade was sacked

Brighton fans demanded that Coppell was the manager, Bloom asked him.

Maybe this is a shambles of our own making?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

to a degree - I agree. I do think we as fans get the club (any club) we deserve

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You obviously, have a better memory than me. However, I distinctly remember the words "ring fenced" being used, as I was asked to explain to someone what they meant. Can you remember when and where they were used?

'Ring-fenced' was used to describe what would happen to the Forty Notes donations - as in 'ring-fenced' to be spent on players.

Are you thinking of that?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
16 clubs have changed their manager this season, Slade being the last of the 16. It seems ridiculous that many teams have changed leadership already.

I think we are now one of 5 teams without a permanent manager going into this weekends set of fixtures. The longer we are managerless the more of a shambles our situation becomes

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost

I'd imagine a large number of Brighton fans would like all games to be free, with a replica pink NOBO shirt and Christmas card from Ken Brown thrown in for good measure. It doesn't mean it would be a good idea for the club to give them what they want.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
It would have been wrong to have asked Coppell whilst Slade was in charge (and I doubt Coppell would have responded) so it was a gamble that has not paid off but we will be fine.

There are alot of good managers being mentioned and I have complete faith in TB!, at the end of the day with Slade in charge we would not have beaten Wycombe so there is no crisis really.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It would have been wrong to have asked Coppell whilst Slade was in charge (and I doubt Coppell would have responded) so it was a gamble that has not paid off but we will be fine.

There are alot of good managers being mentioned and I have complete faith in TB!, at the end of the day with Slade in charge we would not have beaten Wycombe so there is no crisis really.

although with our away form being better than home and having already beaten Wycombe once, you never know.

Oh and if anyone (Phil) is keeping score, on this thread I have implied criticism of Bloom once and Knight twice. I await the next post saying that I'm only slagging Knight off because I no longer have my tongue placed in his derriere

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Well there was certainly an increasing minority who wanted to see Russ get the boot, but I think the majority were still behind him up to; & after last Saturday. That said, sacking him without sorting out a proven replacement was evidently a bloody stupid move by Bloom. As others have already said, he needs to pull something out the bag: & soon. Not. Impressed. At. All. :mad:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why people are so obsessed with having a high profile manager is beyond me, we need a manager experienced at this level with a good track record, and more importantly, he needs to be able to make the team perform.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Why people are so obsessed with having a high profile manager is beyond me, we need a manager experienced at this level with a good track record, and more importantly, he needs to be able to make the team perform.

I totally disagree, and hopefully, so will Tony Bloom.

This Club needs some stability (as others said, but not with someone like Slade). What is the point of appointing a journeyman, lower league type manager, that is not up to the job as we move up into the Championship and hopefully even the Premiership?

If Tony Bloom has his was "this level" is not what is required, unless it is yet another short-term appointment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I totally disagree, and hopefully, so will Tony Bloom.

This Club needs some stability (as others said, but not with someone like Slade). What is the point of appointing a journeyman, lower league type manager, that is not up to the job as we move up into the Championship and hopefully even the Premiership?

If Tony Bloom has his was "this level" is not what is required, unless it is yet another short-term appointment.

In which case Bloom will need to pay over the odds for a League 1 manager and invest even more heavily in the squad, as no quality manager will touch us with a barge pole without a guarantee of good money for him and the team re-building. If as has been suggested on another thread the investment in the team has finished for the moment then we are going to get a lower league journeyman

Mar 10, 2006
How much respect will the players have for a manager that is 4th or 5th choice

Trouble is we don't know who is 1st 2nd 3rd choice or whatever - it's all just speculation fuelled by lazy journalists who pull out the usual names when a job comes up. Obviously in this case they've looked at it and thought 'Brighton need a manager and Coppell is out of work oh that means he is going to be the new manager'

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
In which case Bloom will need to pay over the odds for a League 1 manager and invest even more heavily in the squad, as no quality manager will touch us with a barge pole without a guarantee of good money for him and the team re-building. If as has been suggested on another thread the investment in the team has finished for the moment then we are going to get a lower league journeyman

I cannot but agree with you. However, people posting on here that investment in the team has finished for the moment, is not really a good indication of the true situation. Lt us just wait and see what happens shall we?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, i'm sure it was before then, at the time of the troubles?

I remember the quote about 2 million for squad rebuilding as well, it was just pre- Hereford I believe and would allegedly have happened even if we'd been relegated from the football league as well. I have been told since, on here I think, that the reason it never happened was that the Archer "black hole" was bigger than 1st thought so the funds were diverted away from the team and spent elsewhere.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Spot-on there (for me), Icy. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here