Is Russell Slade a good appointment ?

• Yes

Votes: 224 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.8%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Totally uninspiring appointment. I can't see the likes of Forster being motivated by a management team of Slade, Booker and White.
It certainly won't persuade anyone to renew season tickets either.

Can't believe it's taken us two weeks to settle for a bloke who this season has taken Yeovil to only a few places above us.

Hope i'm wrong - but I think this will prove to be the decision that takes us down.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Make your mind up-is it Dick Knight at the helm making dreadful decisions or is it the board making dreadful decisions? We all know you have an anti-Knight agenda but why start with the snidey comments minutes before the new manager is welcomed to the club?

Apologies if my post offended you.

Personally, I believe (until recently) that DK has been the one driving the boards decisions. However, as most DK supporters immediately jumping to his defence point out, that it's the "Board" making the decisions, I just compromise and call him "the board".

I really don't have an "anti Knight agenda".

I am however, alarmed at some of "his/the boards" decisions over the last few years. Having spent most of my working career, dealing with the elderly, my experience is that "wise and wordly" happens in your 40's and 50's. Those approaching their 70's have a significantly less grasp of current situations.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Totally uninspiring appointment. I can't see the likes of Forster being motivated by a management team of Slade, Booker and White.
It certainly won't persuade anyone to renew season tickets either.

Can't believe it's taken us two weeks to settle for a bloke who this season has taken Yeovil to only a few places above us.

Hope i'm wrong - but I think this will prove to be the decision that takes us down.

Dont forget Charlie Oatway

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see a dozen threads a day which are more Childish Ramblings than Ernests first poll, and i dont see them moved from the main board

At least its Football and Albion related. People are intelligent enough to give there opinion to the first thread in my view.

In the "other" thread I said that Ernest was a miserable fecker.....but funny. Unfortunately you seem to lack that redeeming trait at the moment. Try to lighten up. We are all worried about our league position but come Saturday we will probably have the manager and 5 new players making their debuts and only 2 players (Whingy and El Abd) in the starting line-up who were here at the beginning of January. It's a fresh start so here's to going through the rest of the season unbeaten (okay so it won't happen but you can hope).

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:lolol: oh dear!

That's Charlie 'funniest man in football' Oatway, don't forget!

With season ticket renewals round the corner, i thought the board would go for a more high profile name.

Slade, White, Booker and Oatway doesnt really inspire people to part with £400+, especially with the team in the relegation zone.

He has taken Yeovil to the play offs, then took them to the relegation end. who knows what he can do for us, but after losing 4-0 at home to a team below us, he can do no worse

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The totally reliable and fantastically neutral BBC Predictor has us 16th whoever is managing.

Wouldn't have been my first chice (either,Dick),but good luck to the bloke.

A good appointment in the main ( he did very well with Scarboro and his track record with yeovil ) but i am concerened that if it all goes wrong for the first 5 games or so that the crowd will be on his back its defintely not the greatest time to change managers .. I wish him well

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My doubt with him is that I don't see him ever taking us up from league one. And I know that's far from all our thoughts at the moment, but surely you appoint a manager (however short his contract is) for the long-term, and our long-term aim is to be in the championship. Can Russell ever deliver that? Is he really someone we want to lead this club for two or three years? I don't know, and I don't know enough about the guy to start writing him off for definite, and at the very least I'm going to back him for the rest of the season, but it's probably the least excited I've ever felt at the appointment of a new manager.

Took Yeovil to the play-off final in this league so there is hope.

The great thing reading on here today is that pretty well everyone is backing him and the club to the end of the season which after the binfest of the last two weeks is fantastic :albion2:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
ok right now we're in the shit. Slade is proven at getting teams out of this. HOW we stay up for me is the crucial factor in him getting a new deal. IF we stay up well it shows he knows how to get the best out of a struggling but talented squad. IF we just stay up then, for me its thanks Russel next please. If we go down then sod it keep him anyway because we wont get any better in league 2.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
will turn the squad into a bunch of donkeys.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
But he walked out on them.

People need to get the facts right before they start spouting crap. He was forced out because he had 2 years left of a 4 year contract, by pushing him out they have saved £100,000. Yeovil are in debt & this was a money saving scheme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here