• Yes

Votes: 224 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.8%

• Total voters

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
No, I don't think he is to be honest. He just doesn't sound, look, or feel like an albion manager to me. He certainly won't have the skills on the training ground or the ability to sign players required for a promotion push from this division so long term he's not the man. I guess he'll be deemed a success if he keeps us up this season, but I'm far from convinced he will. The best case scenario for him, in my opinion, is keeping us up this year, and going along in mid-table next season before he's sacked in Jan/Feb time. Worst case is we go down and he's out in a couple of months. Overall, I can't see him being here beyond November.

Another point is we've basically swapped Micky Adams for Russell Slade. That's a joke decision for me.

What do you people want? We had a so called high profile manager in Adams, look that where he got us. We haven't kicked a ball yet for f*** sake:angry: Give the bloke a chance & try supporting our managers instead of jumping on the Slade out band wagon. The bloke has only been appointed for 4 hours & people want him out already, get real people:rant:

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
Slade is a good appointment. His contract length is a wise move. Booker and White must stay until the end of the season so there is continuity. Slade needs their feedback about the squad to start getting results quickly.
Well done Dick.
Also well done Dean for your loan signings.
COME ON THE ALBION

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What sort of football does he like to play?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought all along we should get a caretaker in until the end of the season and then reasses things then, so in that respect, yes I am pleased.

Slade is a bit underwelming though.

Considering the mess the Board have got us into, it is probably a sensible move.

I know next to nothing about him but he is experienced at this level, has a pretty reasonable track record and spoke more intelligently in the 2 minute clip I heard than his predecessor did all season.

Perhaps more importantly, the 5 signings the club have been done are excellent, on paper at least, and all in all, from the debacle of last weekend and the completely destroyed squad, we have rebuilt very quickly and it is great to see such support expected for tomorrow and I can't wait :albion2::albion2::albion2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is good news for the rest of this season as we need a manager,but long term its the wrong choice if it happens and having dumb and dumber staying on is bloody pathetic as they deserve the push:censored:Its obvious dick personally loves these two idiots:censored:this is whats holding us back.

Good luck to slade though as he deserves a chance:clap:i hear he's a bit of a long ball manager though:(

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The appointment is not an exciting one and we know that Slade was Knight's not first choice. If Ince had wanted it I'm sure DK would have offered it to him so that makes Slade 3rd choice at best. But the decision's been made now so get's give the man some support. Actually I was quite impressed by his interview on Seagulls World. Interestingly, he says he rates Joel Lynch, so there might, just might, be a change in that situation in the summer, if he stays. We'll see what happens. Tomorrow is a big game and for the first time for ages, I'm looking forward to seeing the Albion. Come on!

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Excellent choice. I saw the Yeovil - Blackpool play off final and Yeovil were clearly still knackered from their semi-final against Forest two days earlier. He built them a decent team out of nothing. I don't suppose our board can afford to sack White and Booker - the number of new players at the club must mean costs are way over budget so there's nothing left for redundancy payments. Shame Adams didn't work out; if he'd had a full season of Forster and Kuipers playing at their best, as Wilkins had, it might have been different.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Its the best possible appointment for the situtation we were in, hes been in relegation battles before so his experience is vital. Plus as its a deal only until the end of the season, we could well go for Gannon or another young manager like Andy Scott to progress up the league

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I thought all along we should get a caretaker in until the end of the season and then reasses things then, so in that respect, yes I am pleased.

Slade is a bit underwelming though.

is that not what a caretaker is? there to stand in and do good job.

and actually i think you're wrong. I think he'll be a decent manager for us.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Desperate appointment!,but probably the safest choice of second rate applicants who are willing to come here.Therefore you have to back him and give him a chance,if he has one?

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
No, I don't think he is to be honest. He just doesn't sound, look, or feel like an albion manager to me. He certainly won't have the skills on the training ground or the ability to sign players required for a promotion push from this division so long term he's not the man. I guess he'll be deemed a success if he keeps us up this season, but I'm far from convinced he will. The best case scenario for him, in my opinion, is keeping us up this year, and going along in mid-table next season before he's sacked in Jan/Feb time. Worst case is we go down and he's out in a couple of months. Overall, I can't see him being here beyond November.

Another point is we've basically swapped Micky Adams for Russell Slade. That's a joke decision for me.

spot on!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He certainly won't have the skills on the training ground or the ability to sign players required for a promotion push

How do you know any of that is a certainty? Have you attended one of his coaching sessions. Did you rate the coaching skills of Mickey Adams? He seems to have coached all ability OUT of the squad. Give the new fella a chance FFS.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Fair appointment for now. Not sure he is the man to take us forward next season but certainly good enough for the challenge in the next few months.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sensible move, unlike the one to get above themselves and announce a manager that would have taken us to Falmer and beyond...

.. like in the summer.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
RS will keep us up and get the job end of season i reckon ,has lots of experience with clubs in our situation,he also looks like like a scary bastard mean mutha, so you really dont want to f*** up in the first half and have to take a friendly chat at half time.Here's to you Russell .:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here