Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet THICK?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They have experience of JUST surviving in each of the last two seasons. They're hardly a great club with quality players all over the park. They're mediocre dross, but they're totally showing us up.

They have Championship standard players, they've been able to develop their squad over time. We can't compete with that yet, we are the newcomers into this league. We've signed some quality individuals but spouting on about the money invested and expecting that to be enough isn't realistic. We have too many league 1 players in our team, let alone squad. For all your wild hyperbole, you generally are making a valid point, but not on this one. We've had one transfer window to develop the squad, give Poyet and the club some time to get it where it needs to be.

We'll still finish above Palace.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
They have Championship standard players, they've been able to develop their squad over time. We can't compete with that yet, we are the newcomers into this league. We've signed some quality individuals but spouting on about the money invested and expecting that to be enough isn't realistic. We have too many league 1 players in our team, let alone squad. For all your wild hyperbole, you generally are making a valid point, but not on this one. We've had one transfer window to develop the squad, give Poyet and the club some time to get it where it needs to be.

We'll still finish above Palace.

:D :D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They have experience of JUST surviving in each of the last two seasons. They're hardly a great club with quality players all over the park. They're mediocre dross, but they're totally showing us up.

They have the benefit of players coming through the youth ranks and a decent manager, two years ago today we were 20th in League 1, I call that progress, clearly you don't. We have finished the year in the highest position since you started following the club, but again your selective use of facts ignores this.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
ffs you know we are doing badly when The Complete Todger and Withdean Wanker crawl out of the woodwork :wanker:
Where were you when we were good???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, but what relevance does any of this have to what they're putting on the pitch each week right here right now? Ok, they have a couple of good players from their academy they wouldn't otherwise have. But we have a defender from our youth system that the great people of this site would have you believe is worth £5 million, so that's not so very far away from us. They've got players like Jermaine Easter and Paddy McCarthy. They're so BASIC. But what they have got, seemingly, is discipline, organisation, commitment and the ability to grind out some results and stand up when the going gets tough. On the contrary, we're a team of tarts more interested in looking pretty than putting the ball in the scorebag. You can talk about television deals all you like, but what you're not mentioning is that that money is GONE and not helping them in 2012.

On the contrary, that money is an ongoing revenue stream and therefore is helping them to pay players such as Ambrose £12k a week and Murray £8k a week.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

With respect, you don't seem like a complete bell end.

I am reasonably confident that we'll finish above you this season though, we have this transfer window to change the couple of areas on the pitch which need to be changed. And we'll be back to full strength injury wise before too long aswell. Plenty of time left yet. :banana:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Yes, but what relevance does any of this have to what they're putting on the pitch each week right here right now? Ok, they have a couple of good players from their academy they wouldn't otherwise have. But we have a defender from our youth system that the great people of this site would have you believe is worth £5 million, so that's not so very far away from us. They've got players like Jermaine Easter and Paddy McCarthy. They're so BASIC. But what they have got, seemingly, is discipline, organisation, commitment and the ability to grind out some results and stand up when the going gets tough. On the contrary, we're a team of tarts more interested in looking pretty than putting the ball in the scorebag. You can talk about television deals all you like, but what you're not mentioning is that that money is GONE and not helping them in 2012.

Ok our team vs you in September.

Speroni - Best Goalkeeper in the league.
Wright - Upper League 1 / Lower Championship quality.
McCarthy - Captain and a quality Championship player. No "basic"
Moxey - Decent
Tunchev - Premiership quality but back at Leicester now.
Ramage - On loan but not very good.
Jedinak - Wank
Williams - Quality as you know
Scannell - Ok
Zaha - Class as you know
Murray - Simply World Class

Subs:

Gardner - Played for England and Premiership Quality
Parr - Quality.
Ambrose - Premiership quality.

That is not a "basic" team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
ffs you know we are doing badly when The Complete Todger and Withdean Wanker crawl out of the woodwork :wanker:
Where were you when we were good???

made me laugh out loud - I've been missing their pearls of wisdom and valuable insights of late if only because they always effect such a lively response

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
With respect, you don't seem like a complete bell end.

I am reasonably confident that we'll finish above you this season though, we have this transfer window to change the couple of areas on the pitch which need to be changed. And we'll be back to full strength injury wise before too long aswell. Plenty of time left yet. :banana:

:D Thanks

I agree plenty of time left.

The only reason i think we will finish above you is because i think our League Cup form will give us a huge boost.

I will wait until the transfer window is over before making a prediction about you finishing above us or us finishing above you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok our team vs you in September.

Speroni - Best Goalkeeper in the league.
Wright - Upper League 1 / Lower Championship quality.
McCarthy - Captain and a quality Championship player. No "basic"
Moxey - Decent
Tunchev - Premiership quality but back at Leicester now.
Ramage - On loan but not very good.
Jedinak - Wank
Williams - Quality as you know
Scannell - Ok
Zaha - Class as you know
Murray - Simply World Class

Subs:

Gardner - Played for England and Premiership Quality
Parr - Quality.
Ambrose - Premiership quality.

That is not a "basic" team.

Murray 'world class' :lol: slight over reaction cos he used to play for us me think haha. Agree with u re Jedinak though - a Palace mate of mine thinks he's gash and from what i have seen he is. Scannell seems better than OK to me if i'm honest.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
On paper, our squad is better, we have more money, we have a superior manager, we have more players who can score goals, we are more attractive to potential signings and we have more momentum. Unfortunately, in reality, we are underperforming and they're having a great season.

I hope you're right as if I could choose to take one thing from this season it would be finishing above them and getting this run of 25 years or whatever it is of them being higher than us over. But I think you're going to be wrong.

No its not. Sorry i know this is coming from a Palace fan, but it really isnt. As for the "we have more players who can score goals" we have scored the same amount of goals in the league as you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On paper, our squad is better, we have more money, we have a superior manager, we have more players who can score goals, we are more attractive to potential signings and we have more momentum. Unfortunately, in reality, we are underperforming and they're having a great season.

I hope you're right as if I could choose to take one thing from this season it would be finishing above them and getting this run of 25 years or whatever it is of them being higher than us over. But I think you're going to be wrong.

It's difficult to disagree with any of that. I think when we've got a first choice goalkeeper of the quality of Speroni, we'll be doing a lot better. There are only a couple of players Palace have who I would want playing for us, but Speroni is the main one, he is quality. It's difficult to stomach, but we are still a little bit behind Palace.

The way I look at it is this, this season is for humility. We lost it a little bit last season when we were winning every game, who can forget the ridiculous month of march where we won what, 8 games was it? Amazing. This is a completely different league with teams who have been festering in it for longer than anyone cares to remember. We've shown glimpses of our ability, but we need to improve the core of the squad first. CMS was a good start, and Buckley. But we need a better standard of performance from players who have stepped up with us. We'll get there, we have a manager who doesn't accept low standards and will sort it out as soon as it is possible to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here