Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Peter Taylor finally getting found out?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
After some flattering spells with Brighton and Hull City, aided by Zamora and relative wealth respectively. Taylor has found himself a club that doesn't seem to know where they belong in the football league.

Is Peter Taylor a good coach but an average manager?

Discuss.....

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes he is a good coach and an average manager.

If only he could :) abit more.

My verdict is he has always been overated.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mouldy Boots said:
Yes he is a good coach and an average manager.

If only he could :) abit more.

My verdict is he has always been overated.

Yes, spot on. He managed to screw things up at Leicester and lets face it, anyone could have got the U21s winning and Brighton promoted with BZ banging them in.

I never really felt as close to PT as any other of our managers....He seemed to distance himself from the fans.

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I allways thought he was an overrated manager. I know he technically won the league for us but he inherited a good team, and only added one player to a team that was 3rd/4th (cant remember which) when he came in. I know this souds harsh but he coudnt really fail at Hull could he? what with all that money and a new stadium etc. harsh words I know but I really believe that he is nowhere near what people say. Ask Leicester fans.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Barrel of Fun said:

I never really felt as close to PT as any other of our managers....

Have been close with some of our managers then BOF?

Should the Argus know about it!!

:safeway2:

:)

D

Deleted member 2719

chez said:
He was always my favourite manager. I much preferred him to Adams & Coppell and on a par with McGhee. Seems like he is having a hard time at Palace though, cant say I'm too upset.

Do you prefer the 1-0 let's shut up shop type of footie then Chez?

???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought he did well for us and worked the mantra if ain't broke don't change it and got Junior Lewis in just at the right time.

Seems to do OK with the U21s but struggling at CPFC - which is nice :lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
No - very good manager, was excellent for us, took Hull a long way, and would doubtless insist it's a bit early to judge his Palace success (or otherwise) yet.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
I think he's doing a great job at Palace and long may it continue - right through to relegation.

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
he's a poor manager. used us as a building block and always knew he was gonna chip us off. like statto said he inherited the team. spoke to my palace 'mate' today who went up yesterday and he said taylor is not liked. £2.5million for kuqi- u sure!, jordan's getting his moneys worth there!!!!

good to see he's fuc*ing them up.....

"YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH A BIG CLUB":albion:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Mouldy Boots said:
Do you prefer the 1-0 let's shut up shop type of footie then Chez?

???

I was refering more to the "I felt closer" comment. I liked Taylor more than Coppell and certainly more than Adams (although I like him more since he left us). Adams used to make cheap jokes about southern softies, faggots etc. & Coppell was just Palace. Taylor, in my opinion was a nice honest bloke.

In terms of his football, he got us promoted so I cant complain and yeah I'd take a 1-0 victory over a 4-3 loss every time.

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's probably because he's missing his lover...

0,,10433~563999,00.jpg

:ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He only got us promoted after Mickey did the hard work for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here