• Yes

Votes: 125 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.8%

• Total voters

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Well at least now we know Madeline McCann is the world hide and seek champion.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe they thought by throwing the body into the sea there wouldn't be anything that could then become a shrine or memorial to Bin Laden, something which could have had thousands of people flocking to see it and which might also have been used as propoganda by extremists to call from revenge attacks against the west.

I'm sure many of the extremists will now be pacified by this burial at sea in line with Islamic tradition. You might be right. Just sounds very fishy that you execu...I mean shoot someone in the head, then give them an appropriate burial!?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
225638_210462372309297_210461745642693_673308_5678443_n.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought it was only in backward countries that people celebrate a death? I thought we had more class.

"we" haven't been celebrating this death, though some Americans might be.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ObL is dead , the photo is a representation of how he would look with a bullet in his head after being immobilized with a grenade. The Americans have dumped (buried) his body at sea to avoid his burial site becoming a shrine. The DNA profile is a match to what is held on record , which means Bill Archer and David Bellotti move up a place on the world's most hated list.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The New Yorkers I work with were glad when they heard that Bin Laden had been killed. Not in a Fox TV way chanting ‘USA, USA’ – but because it gives them some kind of closure on what was the darkest day for New York.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is very much dead unless this is a very un-American double cross... " We Have killed OBL ! "..... " Oh no you haven't I'm here !.. OOPS ! "

I'm sure the septics would not have announced this unless they were 100% sure. It's not really that important as he was isolated and not really pulling the strings any more, we have cut one head off the Medusa, no real victory here just a little levelling up of the scores.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
So why the fake picture? Have the Americans actually been using that picture as proof on news networks, etc? Or has it simply been 'web' based 'proof'?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
So why the fake picture? Have the Americans actually been using that picture as proof on news networks, etc? Or has it simply been 'web' based 'proof'?
its just something thats been floating about on the web, nothing official has been released yet mate

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Curious that the Americans are saying no photo of OBL will be released at the moment. I reckon they are questioning him for a while before they kill him.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Curious that the Americans are saying no photo of OBL will be released at the moment. I reckon they are questioning him for a while before they kill him.

Apparently it's because the picture is quite graphic. Although they may release video footage of the body being dumped in the sea.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I really can't understand why they haven't made a big song and dance about nabbing him using video and pictures like they did with Hussein.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I really can't understand why they haven't made a big song and dance about nabbing him using video and pictures like they did with Hussein.

They released the capture of saddam to prove to the people of Iraq that he wouldn't be a threat to them anymore, the Americans urged the Iraqi people and Kurds to uprise against him in the 1st gulf war & then pulled out leaving him free to slaughter them with chemical weapons among other things

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Thats because they're in Libya at the moment , can't be in two places at once :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Osama was killed awhile ago, the US knew of this. He hasnt ranted on Al Jazeera for ages for example. Because Obama IS slipping in the opinion polls over there in the US of A, they have now released this story of Bin Ladens death to improve Baracks popularity.

There's a conspiracy for you.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why is that EVERY big news story the americans are involved in, there is always some ridiculous conspiracy theory attached it. Bin Laden is dead.. . . Or is he? Kennedy is dead, no that was a lookalike that got shot. Elvis . . . . Oh the list is endless

Interesting point you make. I think we should always consider whether "The West" are telling the whole truth about something, we are quick to disbelieve "foreigners" but questioning ourselves and our allies is healthy. Not everyone reads the Daily Mail and takes it as gospel, and a bloody good job too !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here