• Yes

Votes: 125 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.8%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Osama was killed awhile ago, the US knew of this. He hasnt ranted on Al Jazeera for ages for example. Because Obama IS slipping in the opinion polls over there in the US of A, they have now released this story of Bin Ladens death to improve Baracks popularity.

There's a conspiracy for you.

its very weak one, why not save it another 8-10 months for a push 6mths before the election? raises the question who was in the compound, because we can be certain some operation was carried out (hundreds of witness in the neighbourhood, part of a helicopter left behind). maybe it was just empty and it was all just blanks and fake blood poured about?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why can't they show us what they were all watching in the situation room ???
Reuters saying that a photo of him brown bread will eventually be released.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I know 1 option was to send in a cruise missile so I don't think one of them is smart enough to discriminate between who's armed & who's not

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anything one else thinking it may have been better to take him alive, now that it appears he was unarmed ?

Read a little bit about Bin Laden and I'm pretty sure if asked "How would you like to die Mr Laden" he would reply "In a hail of American bullets on non American territory, preferably without the authority of the local Government or at least against the wishes of the spiritual leaders"

I'm not playing devil's advocate here, just thinking that they've done exactly the same thing that motivated him to attempt to destroy half the planet in the first place.

A trial would have been embarrassing for Western Governments. I'm sure Bin Laden still had a few CIA numbers on his IPhone.

Contradicting the above, a few commentators have been suggested that Bin Laden has been "doing badly in the polls" recently due to some very brave souls realising that you don't need a hire terrorist organisation to over throw a corrupt Government. Maybe this was a good moment to rub him out.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Anything one else thinking it may have been better to take him alive, now that it appears he was unarmed ?

Read a little bit about Bin Laden and I'm pretty sure if asked "How would you like to die Mr Laden" he would reply "In a hail of American bullets on non American territory, preferably without the authority of the local Government or at least against the wishes of the spiritual leaders"

I'm not playing devil's advocate here, just thinking that they've done exactly the same thing that motivated him to attempt to destroy half the planet in the first place.

I was thinking about that today. Difficult one. At least he didn't go down fighting. Where would you house him? I don't think there is a correct answer.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

A trial would have been embarrassing for Western Governments. I'm sure Bin Laden still had a few CIA numbers on his IPhone.

Contradicting the above, a few commentators have been suggested that Bin Laden has been "doing badly in the polls" recently due to some very brave souls realising that you don't need a hire terrorist organisation to over throw a corrupt Government. Maybe this was a good moment to rub him out.

He banned all phones and emails cos he thought that would lead to his capture.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was thinking about that today. Difficult one. At least he didn't go down fighting. Where would you house him? I don't think there is a correct answer.

It is sounding a bit odd. First we hear that he wouldn't surrender, then we hear he was unarmed. But I guess if you parachute into the bedroom of Terrorist Numero Uno and he starts a few black belt Origami moves you don't muck about.

Theoretically, he could have been passed onto another country and an international trial could have taken place. But who would take him ?

I just think they have taken a huge risk with political/terrorist fall out of entering another country and assassinating him - irrespective of whether you think it was the "moral" thing to do.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All in all, it seems Arsenal will do anythying to distance themselves from a trophy.

Edit: In not capturing him. The Gunners proved that they were intent on not gaining a trohpy. That would have been slightly better.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Unfortunately he didn't ban the Al Qaeda version of Parcel Force which eventually led to his capture. The point about "numbers" on his phone referred to the contact he had/didn't have with the CIA when he was fighting the Russians in Afghanistan in the 80s.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All in all, it seems Arsenal will do anythying to distance themselves from a trophy.

Edit: In not capturing him. The Gunners proved that they were intent on not gaining a trohpy. That would have been slightly better.

While celebrating arsenals victory yesterday it was perhaps a little unwise of bin laden to rush shouting "come on the gunners!!!"

:facepalm:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Bit of a wimp if he proclaimed he wanted to die under a hail of American bullets.

Odd that he managed to last four years in the Pakistani complex without detection. Perhaps the Pakistani intelligence had money on his eventual discovery.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bit of a wimp if he proclaimed he wanted to die under a hail of American bullets.

Odd that he managed to last four years in the Pakistani complex without detection. Perhaps the Pakistani intelligence had money on his eventual discovery.

Or even six years they are saying now, guess we'll have to wait and see what comes out in the next few days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here